Author Topic: [SA]Biel & PM - Unease  (Read 27633 times)

Offline chiler

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: [SA]Biel & PM - Unease
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2017, 02:37:59 AM »
I see. So how exactly is he doing it? Is there a line in handling that you can change to allow less speed loss when hiting the packer? Beacause it looks more like the SACC thing where he just clicks a button to get a slight speed bump at the right moment.
Sacc boosts are almost always seeable, only not if you do it on a certain way

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2017, 02:42:16 AM »
He could be using Rochepeach's method for sacc.

Offline UndeadX

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2017, 03:27:39 AM »
Good old SS is back  :P I'm not sure what to say about this video honestly, guess I'm gonna give some of the spots a shot. Don't expect much from me though, as I haven't really touched the game in a while.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2017, 03:39:56 AM »
I see. So how exactly is he doing it? Is there a line in handling that you can change to allow less speed loss when hiting the packer? Beacause it looks more like the SACC thing where he just clicks a button to get a slight speed bump at the right moment.

I haven't used SACC myself, so I don't know exactly how it works. I just know that it allows you to boost, and I think it allows you to configure the power of that boost. The tool isn't really what I'm describing, just that the speed is clearly boosted with a tool of any kind as opposed to handling modifications, given the way it props up after consistently normal speed behaviour prior to the grass and the Packer. By the way, I mixed up two of the play.tv links in my main post, but I've fixed them now :).

UPDATE: This is not to say that handling modifications couldn't have been used in conjunction with tools; I'm just saying I don't have any evidence to back that up. Artifex linked an incredible example of the behaviour I'm describing, which looking at it now, seems to validate everything I'm suggesting :lol:. Notice how Biel's coasting along normally, and suddenly gains a massive speed boost? That's exactly what's happening in his landing of this P2B, on a smaller scale.

Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6jNXytWBAI
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:11:35 AM by VaNilla »

Offline PM

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2017, 03:55:33 AM »

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2017, 05:02:17 AM »
Typical 3rd worldians, who are you trying to fool at this point. :lol:

PS. Go ahead Nem, remove my post again you modding fuck. :)

Offline UndeadX

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2017, 05:11:34 AM »
@VaNilla While I still find some stunts in this video a bit hard to believe (the finisher in particular), your statement that PM's caligula sign landing is impossible with a single bump is simply incorrect. I tried it for about 15 minutes using the same runup as him and managed to edge it.

Replay here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/9bahx6

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2017, 05:15:49 AM »
I'm not sure I trust that attempt UDX, especially since you kept your wheelie up on the curb before the bump just like PM did; no RAD is faster at the very end. Benefit of the doubt though; I should really dive deep into this one too, but I'm honestly exhausted at this point and don't want to give any more time to this video.

UPDATE: I got a close single bump in two tries when I went to try it again, with the wheelie maintained too... what the fuck is wrong today :lol:. I was wrong about single bumping this for sure, my bad. I can't say I trust PM's execution though, given his other stunts. Going to bed, but honestly, I don't want to come back to this discussion anymore. https://www.sendspace.com/file/884m2u
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:24:49 AM by VaNilla »

Offline UndeadX

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2017, 05:25:08 AM »
I'm not sure I trust that attempt UDX, especially since you kept your wheelie up on the curb before the bump just like PM did; no RAD is faster at the very end.
That might be true, I don't use a speedometer myself so can't test it. My intention was to replicate the way he did it.

Let's be honest here, I have absolutely nothing to gain from defending this stunt, apart from wanting the truth to come out. Why would I mod myself to try to prove that it's possible? I don't care about stunting anymore and I'm pretty much out of it, apart from wanting to land a few last stunts.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2017, 05:29:24 AM »
Yeah, please read the updated part of the post.

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2017, 08:15:09 AM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 06:18:04 PM by MtS »

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2017, 08:48:25 AM »
I find it hilarious how some posts get deleted while others aren't because they might be true. A bit of a coward move if you ask me but I wouldn't be surprised if this post also gets deleted.  :euro:
:ajaja:

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2017, 09:22:40 AM »
How does your post address my findings exactly? Was it all a mistake, that you were able to gain more speed on the bump than me, in a landing where your entire runup was worse, all the way up until the grass, where you magically gained a speed boost? Why exactly is your savegame any better, when all you need to do is place the Packer as far forwards as possible? Your response is to point out one stunt that everyone said was legit, including Art who requested the replay, and one which I got close to very easily when asked to provide an FL on replay, and received no accusations about since. You constantly direct attention elsewhere to take it away from yourself, and fail to respond to any genuine findings. How exactly did you edge the building on an attempt where you got a road bump and lost 11kmh? There are skilled stunters who failed to get close, and sure, they might not be as skilled as the very best, but you lost 11kmh, and still managed to edge it? That's an interesting situation, don't you think? :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:30:42 AM by VaNilla »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2017, 09:35:55 AM »
The speed isn't a big factor? Sounds like you're the beginner here; I already have got close :lol:. UPDATE: Something about your explanation is confusing to me. You mention that you mustn't "ramp to packer without lose speed", but somehow, it's okay to lose 11kmh in the runup, because "the speed isn't a big factor". Not only that, but you also lost 5kmh when you hit the Packer in that attempt; so you actually did the exact thing you said not to do, and still got your closest live attempt out of it. Aren't you contradicting yourself, "beginner"? ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:46:05 AM by VaNilla »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2017, 09:56:37 AM »
You make a mistake, and get miles closer than highly experienced stunters who didn't necessarily make any mistakes. I have got close to your stunt (closer than any of those who told you they couldn't reach it), and analysed exactly how to do it. That's all I wish to say :ajaja:.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal