Author Topic: Highschool DxD  (Read 1860 times)

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
Highschool DxD
« on: January 10, 2013, 11:48:34 AM »

Issei Hyodo is your average perverted high school student whose one wish in life is to have his own harem, but he's got to be one of the unluckiest guys around. He goes on his first date with a girl only to get brutally attacked and killed when it turns out the girl is really a vicious fallen angel. To top it all off, he's later reincarnated as a devil by his gorgeous senpai who tells him that she is also a devil and now his master! One thing's for sure, his peaceful days are over. In a battle between devils and angels, who will win?

Season one general info:
Studio: TNK
Original run   January 6, 2012 – March 23, 2012
Episodes   12 + 6 OVAs

Season two general info:
Written by Takao Yoshioka
Studio: TNK
Original run 2013 – Scheduled

Have you guys watched it? Personally, the characters and the plot is quite nice. It's one of my favorite animes. I didn't rate it a 10/10, but it's an worthy anime to watch.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
Re: Highschool DxD
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:53:39 AM »
Season 2 general info and my own thoughts (Spoiler Alert)

The second season of the High School DxD anime will cover the Birth of the Breast Dragon Emperor arc of the light novels, although it is unknown how many episodes will be produced due to the number of novels featured in that arc being twice that of the previous arc.

In the next arc, a new character will be introduced, as shown in the ending of the last episode (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/255/1000pxseason2.jpg/) of season one. The girl at the very right with the blue hair is named Xenovia, and her role in the group will be a knight.

Thus far, I believe that's the only spoiler that the first season left.

Since I don't know how to properly make links inside the spoiler system, I'll leave it that way

Online Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:56:12 PM »
I guess I can comment on it now that I've actually seen some of it.

First of, it's not a show I can take seriously, they take every opportunity they get to show tits or panties. That being said I'm having fun watching it with you guys, but if I was watching it alone I would probably drop it on the spot. The characters are ugly (design wise), the main character is an idiot, and care only about boobs, and when he gets the chance he hesitates.

The plot isn't anything special, I've seen similar and better plots. And there is a lot of fucking things that doesn't make sense. The only thing good about this show is the animation in the ED, which is great. Not just because it's the girls dancing with minimal clothes, but the animation is hypnotizing. I still haven't finished it of course, but these are my thoughts as of now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:32:03 AM by Simon »

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 05:04:43 AM »
You are mean, Shimon

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 02:11:40 AM »
I guess I can comment on it now that I've actually seen some of it.

First of, it's not a show I can take seriously, they take every opportunity they get to show tits or panties. That being said I'm having fun watching it with you guys, but if I was watching it alone I would probably drop it on the spot. The characters are ugly (design wise), the main character is an idiot, and care only about boobs, and when he gets the chance he hesitates.

The plot isn't anything special, I've seen similar and better plots. And there is a lot of fucking things that doesn't make sense. The only thing good about this show is the animation in the ED, which is great. Not just because it's the girls dancing with minimal clothes, but the animation is hypnotizing. I still haven't finished it of course, but these are my thoughts as of now.

Thanks, I won't even considerate about watching the show now, you saved 20 or 40 minutes of my life.  :lol:

Edit: I don't intend to be mean though, it's just not my kind of an anime. :P
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:15:33 AM by Ed »

Online Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 02:39:35 AM »
The ending was silly as well. Lol dragon power, I'll let you borrow it for 10 seconds. Spends the 10 seconds explaining his plan. Fail, but oh no I'm so strong xD Here have some holy water and a cross you demon  :angry: Wooh.

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »
I somewhat agree with Simon, and we kind of found entertainment out of making fun of the bad aspects while watching together.
That aside, I thought the character designs were pretty good (wtfsimon), plot was not bad and PLOT was also not bad.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 08:54:32 AM »
am I the only one that actually fucking loves this show? come it, for an ecchi fanservice show it has a pretty great plot (both meanings), the characters are fucking awesome (Rias is just.. hawt, and Issei is making me laugh my ass off). can't wait for the second season.

Online Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 09:53:07 AM »
It has a weak plot, at least in my opinion. He gets turned into a demon servant for another demon, alright. They use chess as an analogy for like how they fight. He and she is a that and that piece, and even though if it is so it has nothing to do with anything. I have no idea why they decided to go with chess. I mean, the characters can move however the fuck they want and a person can be 8 pawns. It literally means nothing at all. You have a nun, that was not ok at all with becoming an "fallen angel" or something along those lines because she didn't want to hurt people. The second she becomes a demon though, oh no problems hurting people or actually being a DEMON, as long as she can protect her little perverted friend everything will be good, even though she basically has to give up on her religion and most likely her life seeing as she was a nun.

I could point out more flaws, but I don't really want to. I'll let you guys enjoy it, but I just thought it was stupid  :rolleyes:

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
You're not the only one who likes this show and is waiting for the second season. I do enjoy it, both plot and PLOT, so yeah... You're not alone

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »
You're not the only one who likes this show and is waiting for the second season. I do enjoy it, both plot and PLOT, so yeah... You're not alone
thank god.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 08:45:46 AM »
doublepost. because it's a HDxD thread and I love it.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=CGD2-25815&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=rias%20gremory$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
been waiting for like 2 months already to order this, still sold out, I am getting pretty annoyed. would be so epic to have it, looks great heheh

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal