Author Topic: Reviews of stunt videos  (Read 13257 times)

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2006, 11:53:29 AM »
Quote from: kaneda
I tend to agree that narrow-minded reviewing can make stunting a chore. If a person is stunting for the pure enjoyment of it, they're not gonna care that a stunt is old...and neither should anyone on these forums who stunts for the pure enjoyment. Every single person on these forums has done a stunt at one point or another that was done by someone else...whether they knew it was old or not.

Exactly, now, I'm kinda speaking for myself, since my last video sucked because all the stunts were old or easy...so what? I did them because I liked them, I didnt care if you like em or not, I just did it because I wanted to...that's the way stunting should be....it's become a ver strict competition these days.

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2006, 12:00:19 PM »
Why do you waste our and your time to show us stuff that we don't like to see? Selfish, ah?  

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2006, 12:26:46 PM »
My memory sucks btw, so quite often I do old stunts. Though I always show a preview to someone before the release, to minimize the risk of having old stunts in it.

Offline Barney

• Veteran Member
  • Adebisi's Hat
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2006, 03:31:19 PM »
Do fresh and new stunts, push the limits, if you do old stunts and get a bad review, don't cry, you knew it was coming.

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2006, 04:02:29 PM »
Quote from: Barney
Do fresh and new stunts, push the limits, if you do old stunts and get a bad review, don't cry, you knew it was coming.

There's hardly anything to do in Vice City anymore....in SA, it's either hill jumps in the forest or you're fucked....just face it, pretty much every single spot is taken for new stunts.....and WTF are we supposed to come up with for new stunts eh?

Offline Rocka

• View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2006, 10:27:24 PM »
This kind of stuff hurts. Vice City is small compared to San Andreas, so finding stunts is twice the work, and finding good stunts at that. So basically, if you weren't stunting from the beginning, finding new stunts will be a bitch, and completing them will be even worse. Everyone tries their hardest at making a vid, even if it's not too good, at least appreciate the work put into the vid... don't say anything that you don't want people saying to you.

Offline deviate

• Veteran Member
  • AENIMA
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2006, 12:01:31 AM »
I think we all know how this goes, everyones dandy and shit until a video with an old stunt appears and then they pounce, worthless.

My 2 cents:

I used to do it all the time, "oh that's old", but now it's more like "Really well executed, nice stunt, old though  " and move on, nothing wrong with it, just proving a point, if you're out there to jsut straight up tell people their stunts are old, you're an asshole, have fun with a community built on pride and prejudice because you aren't going to go far with the nice ones.

Serenity

Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2006, 03:27:14 AM »
Quote from: Shogun
I think we all know how this goes, everyones dandy and shit until a video with an old stunt appears and then they pounce, worthless.

My 2 cents:

I used to do it all the time, "oh that's old", but now it's more like "Really well executed, nice stunt, old though  " and move on, nothing wrong with it, just proving a point, if you're out there to jsut straight up tell people their stunts are old, you're an asshole, have fun with a community built on pride and prejudice because you aren't going to go far with the nice ones.

The truth.

Offline Liviu

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dota-allstars.com
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2006, 03:40:58 AM »
Quote from: Barney

^ X2, i see everyone moaning here about how not to point out old stunts (and i agree partially, for newbies) but yet no one ever puts old stunts in videos,i find that ironic hehe, first thing you do when you find a spot you try to find out if its old, then when u land it u search abit more just to make sure it hasnt been done b4, then they come here and say how they dont care bout old stunts, thats called being a hypocrit i think   ive never seen an ATS or XSA(with buzzsaw and kremlin) vid with old stunts and that made them the best vids around, even those on ps2, as much as you'd like to not hurt newcomers the people that have been here for awhile need to be told whats new and whats not

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2006, 08:39:14 PM »
Quote from: THEFTman
Stunting for yourself is for fun, making videos are to impress community

Maybe you do, others like to share their video to see where they can improve or w/e else in stunting

Offline STRIKER

• View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2006, 09:53:04 PM »
well said well said and btw itz i like the random image of the day!

Bliss

Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2006, 11:30:36 PM »
Im thinking of joining this Community, but i dont know if i last long.  , i dont want to get a " shitty review " cause of some old stunts  
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 11:31:32 PM by Bliss »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 02:02:21 AM »
Quote from: Rocka
This kind of stuff hurts. Vice City is small compared to San Andreas, so finding stunts is twice the work, and finding good stunts at that. So basically, if you weren't stunting from the beginning, finding new stunts will be a bitch, and completing them will be even worse. Everyone tries their hardest at making a vid, even if it's not too good, at least appreciate the work put into the vid... don't say anything that you don't want people saying to you.
Wrong in my opinion, you also have lc to stunt in, and you have a real psm, a real bsm (which SA has soon ) And Better taxi boosts, thus giving you much more freedom

Offline Solaris

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2006, 03:33:36 PM »
When I watch a stunt video for the first time, I don't watch it for the 'new' stunts. I watch it for the 'wow' factor - when the credits roll, I want to be able to say 'Wow, those guys did a really nice job on this' and I want to be able to post a good review afterwards. I don't mind old stunts at all - in my honest opinion, it's like paying omage to the person who has done it before them. So go on, put a few old stunts in your upcoming video, as long as your intentions are to pay omage, as I said earliar.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal