Author Topic: Reviews of stunt videos  (Read 13319 times)

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« on: July 30, 2006, 08:41:30 PM »
Quote from: Kingjad
I used to do any stunts be they old or not.  But it's hurtful hearing people dismiss your stunts because they're old - they often don't see how tough it was for the person to get the stunt.   Now I'm just sick of the whole stunting thing altogether.

The community makes stunting a chore at times instead of being a fun hobby.

This is something that has been buggin me for awhile. I too am sick and tired of all the reviews containing the phrases "that's old", "already been done"  or "done by so and so in whatever vid". The only reason I can see for these types of replies is to try to belittle the stunts or the person who did them.

I remember when I first made stunt vids. I eagerly would go back into the thread to check out what everyone thought of the vid I just put out. I'll tell ya, nothin sucks more than to hear people rag on your stunts after all the time and effort you put into makin your vid. I'm sure alot of you have been there so you know where I'm comin from. So before this become a friggin novel, how about just a little concideration for others and there work?

Comments and or bitches welcome.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 09:06:10 PM »
As a performer of many old stunts I know the feeling. Especially when you perform the stunt never knowing it is old. I have never felt that doing an old stunt made it any easier. I try to rate vids as though i've never seen the stunts before. Things like this make me wish I never went to the trouble of making a vid in the first place. Vids are tough to come by now more than ever, and some of the reason why has to do with people concerned others will rip their vids to bits because the stunts are old or not up to par with those who've been here for a long time.

Few things hurt more than pouring hours of one's precious free time into a vid that they are proud of only to have others shit all over it without once acknowledging how difficult, tedious and time consuming it is.

KingJad is dead right when he says things like this make stunting a chore than a hobby. I have always felt that when something enjoyable becomes a chore and no longer fun, its time to give it up (hint, hint).

Offline Kenny

• fuck
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:26:54 PM »
I usually give out some comments to an old stunt when someone else I say it is old. Either that or I quit reviewing vids

Offline Master_Yayo

• View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 06:09:09 AM »
Quote from: Neo Anderson
Quote from: Kingjad
I used to do any stunts be they old or not.  But it's hurtful hearing people dismiss your stunts because they're old - they often don't see how tough it was for the person to get the stunt.   Now I'm just sick of the whole stunting thing altogether.

The community makes stunting a chore at times instead of being a fun hobby.

This is something that has been buggin me for awhile. I too am sick and tired of all the reviews containing the phrases "that's old", "already been done"  or "done by so and so in whatever vid". The only reason I can see for these types of replies is to try to belittle the stunts or the person who did them.

I remember when I first made stunt vids. I eagerly would go back into the thread to check out what everyone thought of the vid I just put out. I'll tell ya, nothin sucks more than to hear people rag on your stunts after all the time and effort you put into makin your vid. I'm sure alot of you have been there so you know where I'm comin from. So before this become a friggin novel, how about just a little concideration for others and there work?

Comments and or bitches welcome.
I agree. it sucks for people to rag you about old stunts in vids, but i think people will still be unable to resist doing it... maybe we all just need to stop thinking of every stunt vid made by people here as all competing. It's hard when you have such a broad spectrum of talent like completely new to ats level and people here are respected more if they made an awesome stunt vid and then others get judged based on that respect or lack of...

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 11:52:42 AM »
Well, it's understandable why these comments are used. If you see, for example, a comedy and you kinda like it. Then, if you see another movie with the same joke in it you think it's not as funny/good, cause it's old. Do you get me?

Offline Docta Luv

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 01:35:10 PM »
I've been saying this for ages...back off old-stunt police!  Nobody gives a damn (nobody SHOULD anyway) if a stunt is old.  It's one thing if it's an old mediocre stunt, but seriously...then just say it's not a great stunt, don't call it old!  An old 300 feet wide 85 feet high packer bump is JUST as difficult as a new300 feet wide 85 feet high packer bump, sometimes harder depending on the spot

Tack does have a point I suppose, but it really is like comparing apples to oranges, imo.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »
My grandma used to tell me; "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all". If you're going to review a vid and half of your comments include the word "old" or "done by ______ in _______" then don't post anything.

Offline Liviu

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dota-allstars.com
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 02:46:08 PM »
Quote from: NoAPOlogies
My grandma used to tell me; "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all". If you're going to review a vid and half of your comments include the word "old" or "done by ______ in _______" then don't post anything.

i totally and utterly disagree, what say i do all the stunts in Necrosis again, mix them up, different song and call the vid ' Liviu's video ', you will give me good reviews?

what neo said only applies to newbies, when you explain this n that and to do old spots from vids and then COME UP WITH THEIR OWN. Also, when you think you see a stunt you ask a few friends if its old or not.

Now, doing an old stunt isnt the end of the world but as tac pointed out its not nearly as exciting or amazing when you see it done again and you must state that its been old.

Offline BloodyHook12

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 03:33:06 PM »
If you do a solo remake of Necrosis, that would be badass.

But yeah, whenever I say a stunt is old, I usually try to make another comment about it too. The stunter needs to know that others did it before him. It's not anything to be ashamed of, but you do need to respect the fact that it's been done by someone before. They went through the same trouble as you did, whether it took them more or less.

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 10:41:06 AM »
old stunts = not amazing

not amazing = bad review

add it up, but you know it always depends though, whether it be a new stunter or a vet.

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 02:51:51 PM »
Quote from: Docta Luv
I gotta say that's the most pointless and shittastic review ever...and it was given to a damn good video too!  I think it's pathetic that someone would shit on a vid like that...but with our new 'detailed review' craze it probably will become more common, unfortunately.

And well...

Old stunts = Same difficulty as the first time they were done

Bad review because of old stunts = Asshole Reviewer

I could not have said that any better. damn straight bro  

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 03:12:28 PM »
I tend to agree that narrow-minded reviewing can make stunting a chore. If a person is stunting for the pure enjoyment of it, they're not gonna care that a stunt is old...and neither should anyone on these forums who stunts for the pure enjoyment. Every single person on these forums has done a stunt at one point or another that was done by someone else...whether they knew it was old or not.

Offline Kenny

• fuck
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 08:46:44 AM »
Quote from: Kenny
Stunts - 7.5/10 Some weak, some good. Most were weak.. AND OLD!
0.19 - Done by Brainkiller in Destiny.
0.26 - Done by Lord Peres with a krail in XXL and NoAPOlogies without a krail in one of his three solos (Convection I believe)
0.33 - Rofl.
0.39 - Done by Enigma on Tombstone. Also done by 28 on Faschia, without a krail unlike Enigma's Still a nice stunt
0.44 - I don't really get the point of this stunt
0.48 - Done by Buzzsaw on A View to a Stunt I believe with a sanchez. Great stunt btw.
0.54 - Fucking pwnage spin on rail. Even though it was stoppied 2 grinded 3 times (by finallight in Betrayal, WEREWOLF in Evolution and 28 with an airgrab in System) Too bad you bailed.
0.56 - Hmm.. pick-up airgrab over rail..
0.59 - Nice one. You can get there by bump, but considering the distance, its pwnage,
1.04 - Lovely. Short roof to stop on
1.09 - Done by Taclite in Partners in Crime, but still a nice stunt.
1.23 - Done by Barney in Carnage II
1.30 - Done by Neo in Overdrive.
Done by Southern Finest to the higher roof in One of a Kind
1.35 - If it isn't gapped, the stunt suck, even if you landed on the ramp.
ALSO BSM 2 grinded by The Antidote in Fiend.
1.41 - Done by Matt in Fusion and also landed and grinded more.
1.44 - Nice BSM.
1.50 - Done by Kaneda in dysfuntional with an extra stoppie2corkscrew combo.
Done by Prankster in the credits of The Heroes Return Liberty City
Done by WEREWOLF in Constant Exhibition with extra 360.
Done by me and waiting for annihalation of the replay. Its not that hard anyway, did it in like probably around 1-2 hours without using trainers/mods/anything
1.56 - Done by NightKnight in Hatred.
2.00 - Stunt stealer <_<
2.08 - Done shitloads of times in n00b vids (No offence B-ware crew ) and is VERY easy.
2.20 - Done by Banzai in Tombstone, and also he did not slide off the roof.
2.27 - I wouldn't ay that its old, but its pretty easy, sorry
2.30 - Done by Samurai in Innovation.
Done by Au{R}on with curbbump in some vid I can't remember.
Done by 28 with a sanchez and a landing on a coach with a stucky sanchez stoppie afterward in Fashcia.
AND FURTHERMORE, done by me around 5-6 times in probably 2 hours, without trainers, mods, whatever.
2.39 -  Great high precision stunt  A backwawrds BSM 2 billboard.. pwnage.
2.42 - Done by Demonfade in Theory
Done by Taclite in either Bloodline or Doperide.
Also done by me and gave up trying to do a stoppie 2 360 with that packerbump.
2.49 - I don't like airgrabs. Those that aren't special like delay airgrabs anyway.
2.51 - Too easy. Atleast superspining off the ledge would be better.
The superspin off hte ledge is also done by:
ZeroX in Zero Hour 2
Brad in Shallow Bay
2.55 - Done by Daffy in The Heroes Return Libery City with shitloads more rotation.
Done by Turtle Dick in So What I htink with a freeway.
2.58 - I was expecting a stoppie, anyway, nice packerbump.
3.04 - Lmfao. Nitzkit did it to the top ledge. I did it 2-3 times and thought it was a filler so threw it away
3.07 - Damn, I need to name all those stunters that did this stunt..
Done by MorTon in Untouchables.
Done by Sweet in Death.
Done by many more.
3.14 - BSM to pick-up airgrab, hah, thats original. Nice one for doing the first of that kind.
3.21 - Done by Barney in Hard Act to Follow
Done by Madman in The Heroes Return Liberty City.
3.24 - Done by Barney in Meet the Wretched with the packer closer the the rail and grinded the whole rail after the bump.
Done by Barney with a krail in Shadow Zone
Done by Daffy with some kind of stuff like that in Opposide
Done by Turtle dick with packer closer to rail in Exhilaration
Done by Daffy with corkscrew in Blackout 2
Done by Samurai with corkscrew in Mut8tion
I'm not gonna name those who did the curbbump lol.
3.39 - Done by Dannye in Found with more rotation. I don't like bonks.
3.46 - Hmm.. not sure if this si done by MorTon in the Game, but good BSM anyway.
3.49 - Done by Ramboy in some vid I don't remember.
Done by Nitzkit in Underground and slid off
Done by Nitzkit in Underground 2 and slid off
lol
3.55 - Done by Lord Peres with krail, I SAID KRAIL!, in Lost Stunts.
4.02 - Done by Taclite in either Doperide or Bloodlines
4.06 - Done by Nitzkit shitloads of times in Underground.
Done by Akuma with a krail in his solo vid, Unspeakable I think
Done by me in Radiance with a freeway
Done by Kingjad with a freeway and lost his stunt because I did it and put it in a video first.
Sorry Kingjad
4.09 - Wtf, bad camera angles. Satisfactory BSM.
4.11 - Done by ZeroX on the other side in Animosity
Done by m3rrix on this side in Haunted I think
4.16 - I do not like packers on roofs. THEREFORE I am not rating this stunt.
4.21 - Hehe, reminds me of Neo's bump in 5ive  Nice one.
4.25-4.31 - Fuck my eyes are bleeding. J/k, I don't like AGs.
4.32 - Done by ZeroX in Zero Hour
Done by Barney in Vice City : Last Ride
Done by kaneda to the farther roof in RPM
Done by ZeroX to the farther roof in Disciples
Done by Torque in either Survive or Paranoia

Music - 7/10 Music is old. Points off for stealing from Neo
Editing - 5/10 The camera angles were annoying, stunts start too quickly sometimes, you spelled Obsessions wrong in the credits, even thought the name of the damn song isn't obsessions, but between angels and insects, and furthermore,

YOU FUCKING STOLE FROM NEO IN THE CREDITS

Overall - around 6.5/10 Aint going into my videos playlist, sorry, and for everyone that worked hard in this video, good job, your determinati onwill not be forgotted  (Excpet for Denny <_<)

You better not be fucking insulting me for wasting my time thinking and writing a full review for a long time about how many old stunts were there.

EDIT 1 : Made The Neo thing larger
EDIT 2 : Added more done bys
EDIT 3 : Added the fucking insulting me for wasting my time writing a ful lreview crap
EDIT 4 : Added more stuff in the editing part about the wrong name of hte song
EDIT 5 : Removed the Apotheosis thing
EDIT 6 : Hehe, added a couple more more "done bys" and edited a video name thanks to WEREWOLF

You thought that was a shitty review? Read mine. This is one of the reviews that don't have a comment after an old stunt. You all do know people waste their precious time doing these stuff don't you? They should be respected not flamed for saying shitty comments about the video. Atleast they try for people to download more videos and to know that old stunts are bad.

Read my review. Its horrific, like I wanted it to be.

Serenity

Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 08:56:35 AM »
I agree in a sense, I think ragging about old stunts suck, but I cant say I would enjoy a video full of old stunts as much as a video full of new stunts.

If a person does loads of old stunts in a video, newbie or vet I WILL point it out, but I will NOT say it in a derogatory way, simply say:

'Just as a little tip, people find stunt videos more exciting when there are new stunts in them, so try and get some new stunts  But, your effort was amazing, the stunts were all GOOD (regardless of being done before) and blah blah blah blah blah editing yadadada'

^^ Thats how you SHOULD review, if you want to mention old stunts. Dont say things in such a derogatory way (learnt what derogatory means today, sorry) all the time, HELPFUL and NICE critisism is listened to more than HARSH and IGNORANT shit.

My two cents, bitches.

Serenity

Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 10:33:55 AM »
Aslong as they arent told in a bad way it doesnt bother me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal