Author Topic: sudo kill PtRvY [Best of '11-'14]  (Read 10733 times)

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
Re: sudo kill PtRvY [Best of '11-'14]
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 03:06:57 PM »
Mr. Doublegrinds best of, a video one knows would be awesome way before it's release. You're a very good stunter Petar and you really found your nisch with the technical motorbike stunting. Some of these stunts were new to me and awesome!

It did not surpass 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' stunting wise though.
In my opinion you should've done a complete best of instead now, using the stunts from 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' as well as these new ones. I can understand that you don't want to nullify that video though since you obviously put in a shitload of work in it.

One last mention is that you've seem to grow so much these last years. I remember back when you would be overly provocted about any little disrespectful or criticizing comment and now nothing gets to you.

Hope life is good and thanks for the common times in SS and WH!
I am very honoured to hear such words from you. As a (slightly longer) comment on your thoughts about a 'full' best of:
I thought for some time about reusing MBDTF stunts for this and I think the main reason why I decided against it is because it would bring even more repetitiveness (some of those stunts have been used a lot before, not only in best ofs, but also in everyone's editing tests), and with my stunts from that period (literally) all over the place I just didn't see it fitting. And of course it's what you said -- a lot more effort and time went into the stunts in that one, and I can't imagine putting more than 3-4 stunts from this latter period in - which would hardly make this video a novelty.

Of course all this raises an obvious issue of why did I bother making MBDTF in the first place if I knew I'd be stunting for three more years... well the reason is simple - I didn't know. My plan was to join WH, release a few stunts here and there, make another relatively "big" release (Memento) and retire. Worked pretty well, except it didn't end up being a full retirement.

Anyway! Talked way too much here. Thanks a bunch for this comment mate, I can't wait to see Jinx, and I'm thinking about visiting Sweden again in the 'not-so-far' future, perhaps we could plan some kinda meetup this time :)

On the other hand the outro was touching, it felt emotional for me when you eventually took off your helmet as a sing of the end (?), and that final sentece was wise, too. So one way or another, your videos still have emotion for me, so thank you for that. You have been a true and helpful friend since I got into stunting and you believed in me even when nobody knew me, I appreciate it a lot. Also, good luck with your studies, I hope everything is going well.  :cc_detective:
Yes, the helmet/bike ditching was my idea of an outro to stunting - Kevin interpreted it quite nicely the way he did (I originally thought of something a little different, but this seems much more fitting). Thank you for your kind words.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:16:06 PM by 行きます PtRvY! »

Online Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2014, 06:03:35 PM »
I bet you will realise another best of, no matter in what engine will be :D

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 08:34:28 PM »
Man, this is good. The stunts, the editing, everything. Good job, both of you. :happy:

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 11:22:56 PM »
Isn't that already your 4th best of? :D i disliked the soundtracks but nonetheless it was a great video!

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 11:41:40 PM »
Ellie's track was a pleasant surprise ^^

Great video man, even though I have already seen all of these stunts. Editing was great, intro and outro were killers! Amazing job DS.

You're one of the nicest persons arround! So I hope to still see you atleast lurking arround the forums often, Petar. ;)

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2014, 12:45:03 AM »
I bet you will realise another best of, no matter in what engine will be :D
On that account, I better say "innocent until proven guilty". :euro:

Man, this is good. The stunts, the editing, everything. Good job, both of you. :happy:
WOW Håkon so happy to see you posting here! :wub: Thanks for your kind words; how's life? Clouds 2?  :a-cheer:

Isn't that already your 4th best of? :D i disliked the soundtracks but nonetheless it was a great video!
Yeah, I probably should have been more organised in the beginning. Then my only best ofs would've been MBDTF and this one (I initially did something like Tackleberry did with Years 1/2, and then reused the best stunts from both of those in MBDTF which was the third one). Oh well, I was an overly-enthusiastic 14/15 year old who had just joined SS/XSA and wanted to release something right off the bat.  :lol: Looking back at those times now (at the age of 21) I can definitely see the change.
Thanks for your comment!

Ellie's track was a pleasant surprise ^^

Great video man, even though I have already seen all of these stunts. Editing was great, intro and outro were killers! Amazing job DS.

You're one of the nicest persons arround! So I hope to still see you atleast lurking arround the forums often, Petar. ;)
Well, Starry Eyed is by far my favourite track by her so I had to use it in a video at some point  :a-cheer:
I will probably still be around the WH section every now and again (as we have unfinished business in some other engine, hehe  :ninja: ) and don't really think I'll be going anywhere. When I declared I'd greatly diminish my activity after Memento, my social life IRL was a complete mess and I thought I needed to distance myself from GTAS in order to have more time for other activities. Now that's all in order, I see no harm in visiting this place often.  :a-cheer:
Thank you for the kind words as well! :)

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 05:11:27 AM »
WOW Håkon so happy to see you posting here! :wub: Thanks for your kind words; how's life? Clouds 2?  :a-cheer:
Life's pretty good, can't say the same about the progress on Clouds 2. :lol:

How you been, man? Feels like it's been forever.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 12:24:44 PM »
Probably one of the "lightest" videos I've seen in a long time (and I've only watched maybe 10 in the past 2 years, oops).

I liked the editing quite a bit, although for me it could do without the distracting flashes that matched the beat. The stunts were also pretty awesome, but that's what I expect from Petar. Also everything you land is fun as hell to try so good job on that too. Not sure what else to say, so I'll just give some generic "I liked this, good job, you deserve a pat on the back" score to DarkShadow and Petar.

Offline FloW

• Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2014, 03:14:30 PM »
Awesome video as always Petar. I think you overdone yourself with best of's, old stunts videos, leftovers etc. But it doesn't bother me, it was fun to rewatch your stunts. You always had your style in both editing and stunting, which as you know in the very past I hated, but I then started to love. The editng was insane, very nicely done. Another video that gives me flashbacks to the past, it was fun to watch.

Offline Nager

• BeyondTomorrow
  • Veteran Member
  • known as D4rksh4doW
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »
it was fun to work with you because you exactly knew what you want, how the video have to look like and you shared your ideas, dreams with me which made the whole work-progress even more easier. It was fun to edit this video but on the other hand it was a pretty hard work to create that damn intro. Seriously, I spent much time on that :lol:

I am happy that you guys enjoyed it and like it. Thanks for your feedback. Also, I'm glad that you (PtRvY) are happy with the result, although it's his 4th Best of :lol:
But anyways, I'm proud that you choosed me as the editor.

Good luck for the future and have fun in your life. I hope we'll see you again in the future! maybe in GTA 5?

Offline Mewka

• Veteran Member
  • Hi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 04:40:34 AM »
Great Best of Petar! A lot of stylish grinds you got there from last 3 years of stunting :P I enjoyed both stunting part and editing part, intro was in my opinion a good idea to start of a best of video :)

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2015, 03:11:48 AM »
Amazing video PtRvY stunt still are awesome after all these years

You did a great job with the editing,the intro too

Offline DayZ

• XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2015, 03:49:35 AM »
GTAStunting:~ sudo kill PtRvY
Best of vol.2 (2011 - 2014)

So here we are. I've probably bored everyone way too much already about dropping stunting, but well, this time it's for real - I do not have a platform to stunt on (might come back on V but it's a big 'might' at the moment).

I never truly ruled out a comeback after Memento, but it never really happened, so here is a video for those of you who actually liked my stuff released in the later years, and for myself - to give me some kind of closure and recollect some of the cooler stunts I landed since MBDTF, with an atmosphere that I enjoy (thanks D4rksh4doW, you've made a dream come true really).

Nothing more to say really - except that the opener has been originally landed in a much better way, but I lost the rep and had to reland it (check out DV - Mantra if you want to see the original - the exact location of the stunt can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz1L_wpRvHA&t=39s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_IkWfm_Cv8

More links coming soon.

Have fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal