Author Topic: PtRvY - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy  (Read 21846 times)

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
PtRvY - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:31:53 PM »
With my hands on my mind, I hold wounds that won't mend.
With my eyes open wide, I can see it's the end.

Hello. I'm hereby presenting my best of all time (February 2008 - February 2011).

Just a side note if you don't intend to read the text below: I'm not quitting. This is just the last time you'll see me making a solo vid.

FXQ .mkv 1080p FLAC
Megaupload

HQ .mp4 720p
Rapidshare
Megaupload
Depositfiles
Hotfile
Zshare
Uploading.com

Streaming
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Some people asked me why I'm not going to make another solo and the reason is because stunting for the crew is my priority right now. Also, due to people asking me to join their collabs on a regular basis, I can't accumulate enough stunts for a solo. That's the primary reason why I am making a video like this. This won't mean I quit, it just means I won't be as active as I used to be.

The video is a recollection of the most memorable stunts by myself, throughout my 3 years of stunting. I've picked these stunts subjectively though, so you'll notice some stunts that didn't get noticed that much and you also won't notice some stunts that received wide acclaim. Nevertheless, I've chosen each and every stunt in this for a reason. Some because I really felt good after landing them, some because they look really stylish even if they weren't so hard, and some because they received nice criticism even if I didn't like them that much personally. Overall, I'm not intending this video to be solo of the year or anything like that. I'm just intending for this video to define PtRvY in the most accurate way possible, because that's what a best of should be about IMO.

The name I picked for the video is indeed interesting, it carries the same name as Kanye West's newest album, since I found that album to be innovative and ingenious, which are the qualities I'd like to label on this video as well. But it's not only a reference to Kanye's album. This video represented a personal fantasy of my own, especially when I started organizing it. By this I'm talking primarily about the editing and the music.

However, creating this 'fantasy video' didn't go as smooth as I wanted it to. The first two editors that agreed to edit this for me (WaRoW and Zenaku) have subsequently dropped it. I'd still like to thank them for accepting it in the first place. I can't say I'm disappointed at the editing outcome in this video though, because the 3rd editor did a epic job in my opinion. His name is TheGT4sm, and pretty much everyone who seen my videos knows that he's the editor I've picked to edit my videos many times throughout the past. He has had a huge break from editing and now he's back. I'm pleased that he chose my video to be his comeback project, and I'd really like to thank him for the great work he put in this video. He should take as much credit as me. Also, a huge thankyou to Dundee as well, he edited one of the most important interludes in the main part.

The intro was the part I took the most attention for. I've wanted the intro to serve its purpose completely and 'introduce' PtRvY to the stunting world. So it shows a few really nice ingame shots of my "looks" throughout the past, combined with quotes from people whose opinion means a lot to me - thanks guys for your contribution. And I'd like to thank BeaT for his amazing work editing the intro (and outro), of course. The outro is merely a place I used to express my 'final words', a thanks to everybody who has played any part in creating PtRvY as we know him. However, I did meet a LOT of people while I was here, so don't rage too much if you were forgotten, please.

And in the end I'll say some words about the music. The intro&main part music is at the moment my favourite Pendulum track. It's a track which carries the name "The Tempest" and it's really composed to replicate a storm. It's got very nice calm parts, very nice energetic parts, and one of the best ending loops I've ever heard in a drum'n'bass track. The outro track, titled "Dark Fantasy", was the thing that gave me the idea to use Kanye's album name as the video title. It's the opening track of that album, and a really great start to a great ride. It's got that feeling, I can't really describe it. I just know that both of my editors described it as a 'perfect outro track'.

I've said everything that needed to be said I guess. Can't say anything else, except: I hope you will enjoy My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. If any of you really like it, you can feel free to write a full review, and I've recently recovered my ancient fan userbar (Thanks GT-7, you've made this for me back when I was pretty much a nobody), so if anyone appreciated my work enough to be a 'fan', place it in your signature.

I'll wrap this description up with lyrics to another one of my all-time favourite Pendulum tracks:

We are going to a different place,
We're taking everything we can.
There's no expression left upon our face,
'Cause time is running out of hand.
We're sinking in the sand.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:33:42 AM by PtRvY »

Offline Argy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: PtRvY - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 02:35:23 PM »
Dling !

Offline krs

• one man army
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »
: o i'm 2nd

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 02:42:48 PM »
downloading, this should be good ^^

Edit:
Well I have to admit I was a bit disappointed

Stunts: there were great ones and bad ones, the execution of a stunt is important to me, and some of them simply didn't look good imo

Editing: only complaint would be the excessive shaking at certain points, and also showing too much text in the intro and outro. other than that it was very enjoyable man, nicely done
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:18:04 PM by Red »

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »
waiting for stream

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
waiting for juutube   :cheernutz:

Offline FreeBirD

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »
Nice video  :euro:
Idk why but... Ur stunts have something kinda different they're not impressive but at the same time not bad
something more creative, I can't describe it with words, I just like to watch it ^^
Amazing camera angles
ur edit have many effects,I personally didn't like it
whatever, thats great, good quality  :ajaja:
Keep on improving ur skills  :sleep:

Stunts: ||||||||||
Edit: ||||||||||
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:23:08 PM by FreeBirD »

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »
Waiting for le tube

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 03:47:08 PM »
I love the name. Just because it makes me think of my beautiful dark twisted fantasy :)

Gonna give this a download.

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »
YouTube link up...

Offline bLADE

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »
Commenting more later, just saying the editing was a good start for 2011, epic as fuck. Your stunts never bores me PtRvY.

@SS,  :neen:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:27:33 AM by bLADE »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »
---the rest of this post was removed because it's related to a discussion that's just been deleted---

As for the video, I think the intro was really well made as was the outro, but again it just seemed so self-indulgent, why do you need to focus on what people think about you? Getting quotes from people about yourself to use in a video, I just don't see the appeal. As for the main part, very enjoyable, with some great stunts. I enjoyed watching the video :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:16:47 AM by PtRvY »

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »
didn't know that BeaT and Dundee edited the video too!
I was waiting for this epic win for so long :wub:

Downloading and buffering 720p quality on youtube!
More detailed comment later!

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 03:56:46 PM »
@SS
Well, thank you for your thoughts on the video, I appreciate that you liked it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:21:19 AM by PtRvY »

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »
Well needless to say I really liked the video :P Some great stunts and I also really liked the editing, especially on the second part. Even though it was totally overdone I still liked it a lot.

I just thought that the name had absolutely nothing to do with the video itself. When I first read the title and the picture in your signature I imagined this video to have a Black Winter-like CC and and Metal song but it was quite the opposite of that.

However, awesome overall 10/10 :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal