Author Topic: DayZ  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
DayZ
« on: May 29, 2013, 05:45:01 AM »
So, you guys know about DayZ? If you don't; it's a zombie-survival modification of the ArmA 2 engine and it's awesome. It is slightly buggy but once you get used to it it's just part of the gameplay. The only way to explain it is to watch some gameplay of it on Youtube, which I highly suggest you do.

I'm getting my new PC in tomorrow and then I'll finally be able to play it with good graphics and no lag. Are there any of you that play it and maybe want to team up with me in the near future?  :mellow:

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: DayZ
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 06:18:14 AM »
I haven't played the mod yet but I'm really excited about the standalone. I was going to buy Arma for it but didn't see the point if the standalone was coming in a month or 2. As soon as its available in public alpha I'm buying it!

Just some info for the people that don't know. The public alpha is on track to be released in June and similar to minecraft, you can buy it during alpha testing at a reduced price. The price will rise once the game progresses onto beta and release.

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 06:32:01 AM »
played it a few times

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 07:30:20 AM »
I haven't played the mod yet but I'm really excited about the standalone. I was going to buy Arma for it but didn't see the point if the standalone was coming in a month or 2. As soon as its available in public alpha I'm buying it!

Just some info for the people that don't know. The public alpha is on track to be released in June and similar to minecraft, you can buy it during alpha testing at a reduced price. The price will rise once the game progresses onto beta and release.
Yeah in that case it's a bit too late to get it now, got my copy in a Steam sale some time ago.

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »
I bought the Arma 2 and it's DLC for that, and played it for months with my friend. Absolutely the best ever. But once, I've found a hacked box (it contained all of the guns with 89134123 ammo) and picked up some weps, and quited. Next day, I opened the game, and I got a global ban because they fucking battle eye thought I'm a hacker.
I didn't want to buy Arma again, so I'm waiting for the standalone one. Fuck it.

Offline Sava

• Veteran Member
  • me tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 09:31:06 AM »
The amount of hackers in that game is just ridiculous.
Stopped playing it a while ago, because I kept loosing my gear to random faggots with godmode/ people who killed the whole server.
I hope the standalone version will have a decent anti cheat system.

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 10:11:53 AM »
There will be a official release of DayZ. It will come out next month. You can get it on steam, if I'm right.

I liked the mod for Arma II, but I think the offical game will be pretty cool.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »
I'm gonna wait for the standalone, for some reason I couldn't get DayZ to work (maybe because of noobing)

Looking forward to it anyway. Just played the Telltale games Walking Dead series, which was awesome, but more realistic zombies and environments + more extensive gameplay in DayZ will make for more of an OH SHIT OH SHIT experience (I hope) than the Walking Dead game which was basically an interactive movie.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
Haha yep, as everyone else I can't wait till the standalone comes out as well. I agree the mod isn't perfect but it still makes for some fun gameplay. I really hope they get rid of BattleEye and indeed get a better anti-cheat system.

So seeing as no one plays the mod anymore, at least add me on steam if you would like to play some DayZ standalone with me. Maybe we could make a little GTAS squad and wreak havoc in Chernarus :D

edit: lol forgot my steam name, it's igenyus
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:21:05 PM by Genyus »

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »
I know they are working on some way to stop hacking. I remember reading it or heard Dean say it in a video.

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »
If it's come out, I'm gonna buy it I'm sure. Best buy  :wub:

But I still hate battle eye. If that thingy doesn't happen, I would still playing it everyday.

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 07:07:39 PM »
playing it ocassionally but yeah the hackers really keep me away from playing, its amazing though if there are no hackers :cc_detective:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal