Author Topic: CryEngine 3  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
CryEngine 3
« on: November 25, 2011, 03:46:25 AM »
Take a tour through the Titanic, with the next big thing in gaming. You can look at this as a beta for the next generation of graphics (considering the next-gen isn't here yet so there will be even better hardware out).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-_IKqjb9TRY#

I am amazed by some of these scenes.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 04:00:07 AM by Genyus »

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: CryEngine 3
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 03:53:45 AM »
I wish they'd focus more on improving humans than perfecting the surroundings. In all the graphically advanced games I've played, people always look so unrealistic.

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 03:48:43 PM »
Crysis 2 it self already looks better than that on PC :lol: So I believe thats very current generation.

And imo Frostbite 2 is way better looking than CryEngine 3. However, it beats it right away because of the animations and HBAO :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:50:16 PM by Beat »

Offline Gavran

• Veteran Member
  • Stop looking here and check my post instead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »
I wish they'd stop focusing on making everything look better and started focusing on the actual GAMEPLAY like the good old games.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »
Crysis 2 it self already looks better than that on PC :lol: So I believe thats very current generation.
Crysis 2 runs on CryEngine 3, though in this video they really pushed the engine to it's limits. That's why I said you should look at this nothing more than a sneak peak as for what is to come, because obviously the next generation will require an even better engine.

You shouldn't think of this in the way you are now, but view it in a different light. With the next generation, the graphics you see now will be normal for every game, it will be the standard.

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
When I was younger, everytime I saw a new game I thought "Wow, graphics can't get better than this" but it just keeps improving. If the improvements in videogame graphics keep up this pace GTA VI will be a check for a free gun and a note saying "Have fun!" because why play a game with realistic graphics when you can go outside?

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 11:19:18 AM »
Looks fine but would rather see new kind of graphics, pushing further the cell shading for instance or even play with simili-cartoons like in the old Disney's hand drawn :)

I wish they'd stop focusing on making everything look better and started focusing on the actual GAMEPLAY like the good old games.

Yep. Graphics in a videogame are like special effects for a movie, only there to mask how poor it is and to caress the eyes of the vast majority thinking it's off the hook !
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:21:07 AM by Darkyy »

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »
Crysis 2 runs on CryEngine 3, though in this video they really pushed the engine to it's limits. That's why I said you should look at this nothing more than a sneak peak as for what is to come, because obviously the next generation will require an even better engine.

You shouldn't think of this in the way you are now, but view it in a different light. With the next generation, the graphics you see now will be normal for every game, it will be the standard.

He didn't push the engine to its limits, the engine already looks like that with all the official downloadable ULTRA effects for PC only.

DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade for Crysis 2

Offline Basiµm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 12:18:55 PM »
Oldish would be good, overgraphic games became pointless nowadays, I still remember when they made  Geforce FX 5200, it was really good and ran games perfectly. These realistic games became a disease.

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 02:54:40 PM »
it's a shame how reflections are always over done, making everything look polished :/

but I agree, graphics aren't everything, crysis 2 lost out a lot of the crysis charm from the first game :/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal