Author Topic: Why won't ATS do an SA vid? pt2  (Read 10091 times)

Offline Nitzkit

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
Why won't ATS do an SA vid? pt2
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 10:43:34 AM »
Let me say a couple of things about stuff that has been said here (i dont feel like quoting people though)

First off, I have NEVER and will NEVER stunt for other peoples enjoyment. I stunt for me and I make a video cause perhaps other people might like it. I post my videos to see if people can give me opinions on the editing and if the stunts were good or not. So to stunt in SA just for a bunch people I don't know in some forum, is ridiculous. If you stunt for others people's enjoyment i feel sad for you. This is a game you are suppose to play...key word "play", its not a fucking carrer. If people in the future don't care about VC/LC vids I couldn't care less, I'll give up stunting when I get tired of it (which is not far off)

VC/LC is not "out of stunts" I have 10 completed stunts at the moment and around 10 others ideas which i havent completed, stunts which range from average to just fucking insane IMO. All this just in VC :D (not including LC)....

So if you wanna see part of ATS stunt in SA, watch SA smackdown cause that's as far as it will go :P . Let XSA have their fun in SA since they enjoy it there. I only enjoy playing in SA "sometimes" but hardly ever. Others in ATS dont enjoy it at all. So like someone already said before me, an ATS SA vid will NEVER happen. But go ahead and post ....at least you'll get forum money :)

Offline Gnat

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 10:51:12 AM »
im glad you guys will never make a SA vid. This is because we will get to see even crazier stunts coming out of VC/LC than ever before or even thought possible.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:51:58 AM by Gnat »

Offline Liviu

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dota-allstars.com
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 11:33:39 AM »
an ATS SA vid will NEVER happen.

Damn,there goes a good crew.

Ah well as someone said ,more to us,the rest.

Offline Nitzkit

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 11:48:31 AM »
amazing how you only quote that part of what I said ignoring the reasons as to why.... <_<

Offline Liviu

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 12:31:54 PM »
I didn't see any actual reasons tbh :) just you saying you stunt for yourself,and i respect that.The way i see it you Madmax and ZX are the only thing between ATS and a SA vid :) Anyway SA is just another game,it's not a bad version of VICE CITY,try to look at it as 'something new',you could get a bit used to it but if you start with'SA SUCKS,IT'S DIFF FROM VC SO I HATE IT'you won't get far.Honestly,i am absolutely sure you haven't played SA for more than an hour or two.Heh,ZX never played it at all i've heard :) Darkan tried and they made something nice,Neo (judging by the way he wrote his last few posts) would be up for the job,you can color your NRG  green in SA,there are pizzaboys,and i'm sure you being the great vc stunter you are,an ATS SA vid would be great.

But then again disregard the upper block of text coz all i'm gonna get is 'fuck no we don't want your game in wich you can't grind' and stuff.

So as i said before,that's it what'cha gonna do,it's more to us,the rest
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 12:33:21 PM by Liviu »

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2005, 12:40:28 PM »
You can grind in SA, it's just harder to make them smooth, while getting in one is a lot easier. I prefer SA over VC, even though you can get massive airs in VC :P

Offline Nitzkit

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 12:47:58 PM »
The way i see it you Madmax and ZX are the only thing between ATS and a SA vid :)

No, I WOULD be up for an SA vid...as i said in a previous post. I bought SA when it came out for the PS2. I made a video in SA when it had been just a month after the PS2 release (I never uploaded this video 'cause I didn't like it, others in ATS HAVE seen it). I even did a collab with XSA and recently even did a SA roof pwnage for fun. I'm not against the idea of an ATS SA vid, but it will never happen.

if you start with 'SA SUCKS,IT'S DIFF FROM VC SO I HATE IT'

That doesn't sound like me at all.

i am absolutely sure you haven't played SA for more than an hour or two

Get real.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 12:48:20 PM by Nitzkit »

Offline marklund

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 12:53:16 PM »
You can grind in SA, it's just harder to make them smooth, while getting in one is a lot easier. I prefer SA over VC, even though you can get massive airs in VC :P
Grinding is the easiest task in SA, except bumps.
Oh, and let ATS do as they want goddamnit!

Offline The Antidote

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 12:55:40 PM »
please stop arguing your making baby jesus cry.

Offline Liviu

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 01:09:10 PM »
Allright,without further comments the ~people~ had their ~say~,pls close the topic

i didn't mean an hour or two as in 'an hour or two' btw
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 01:10:58 PM by Liviu »

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Board Mods
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 01:39:10 PM »
:lol: Now that almost made me piss myself when I read that :lol:

The truth of the matter is Nitz swore if we did an SA vid, he'd pull out his ray gun and blast us.

Incase no one read this in the first thread about this topic before SOMEONE  :side: closed it.....

This a good question. First I want to thank those of you who feel ATS is such a good crew. We try to offer good entertaining stunt vids for you to watch.

Several of the crew have discussed this in length on many occassions. We all had such high hopes for SA when it came to PC. A few of us had done it on PS2 and we all thought R* might actually "fix" SA for the PC. But alas it was just as disappointing as it was on PS2. I'm not gonna start the VC is better than SA thing. It boils down to almost 3 years of playing a game that allowed you to go beyond what the creators had intended it to be. VC is not a stunt game. The stunting developed from those with a vision and the creativity to push a game byond it's limits. Unfortunately push has come to shove with SA and it doesn't budge very well at all. Things are just to limited in SA, most of you know specifically what I mean. ATS just feels to creatively restricted in a game that offers little opportunity for us to BE creative.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 01:39:55 PM by Neo Anderson »

Offline The Antidote

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 02:07:20 PM »
please dont mock my religion

[span style=\'font-size:4pt;line-height:100%\']haha i made a funny[/span]

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2005, 02:14:28 PM »
:lol: Now that almost made me piss myself when I read that :lol:

The truth of the matter is Nitz swore if we did an SA vid, he'd pull out his ray gun and blast us.

Incase no one read this in the first thread about this topic before SOMEONE  :side: closed it.....

This a good question. First I want to thank those of you who feel ATS is such a good crew. We try to offer good entertaining stunt vids for you to watch.

Several of the crew have discussed this in length on many occassions. We all had such high hopes for SA when it came to PC. A few of us had done it on PS2 and we all thought R* might actually "fix" SA for the PC. But alas it was just as disappointing as it was on PS2. I'm not gonna start the VC is better than SA thing. It boils down to almost 3 years of playing a game that allowed you to go beyond what the creators had intended it to be. VC is not a stunt game. The stunting developed from those with a vision and the creativity to push a game byond it's limits. Unfortunately push has come to shove with SA and it doesn't budge very well at all. Things are just to limited in SA, most of you know specifically what I mean. ATS just feels to creatively restricted in a game that offers little opportunity for us to BE creative.
I get your point, and I'm not picking a fight here or anything but..

What do you mean by restricted: Do you mean techniques? Most of the VC techniques are possible in SA(or spin-off versions of them).

Or do you mean locations, that's when I don't think you're completely right; you have a point when it comes to natural stunts, but when it comes to set up stunts you can get anywhere reasonable(You can't get up on the tall building in LS or something like that).

Offline ZeroX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2005, 02:40:06 PM »
Not to be smart or anything, but Ats will just fade away when the audience (not being hardcore stunters) get tired of looking at old Vice City stunts.
Whoa whoa whoa.... Slow down there Ghostchild... There is no way in hell I take several hours of each day stunting just so a group of random gamers on the internet can enjoy watching the videos, and I'm damn sure I speak for everybody else in ATS when I say that, and I HOPE I speak for whole forum when I say that, because quite frankly, if your spending hours a day stunting for the sole purpose of entertaining a few people you don't even know, you need to see professional help.

Ok... Now, Liviu, I can't see why you don't understand, Max and I have money issues which would restrict us from playing SA, but that doesn't mean we are the ones getting in the way of an ATS SA video, hell if the other guys want to make one they will go for it, but (don't quote me on this) the other guys don't enjoy stunting SA, they don't want to make a video, they stunt for themselves to do what they enjoy, and what they enjoy is not SA, so I don't see how Max, Nitz and I would be the only ones "between" ATS and an SA video.

About me having not even played SA, even if I played the game and I liked it, and I found stunting sort of enjoyable, I doubt I'd want to make a video, I just totally don't like the look of stunting in SA, I don't need to have played SA to know how stunts look in it, and I hate how everything looks.

I really don't know why you are being so persistant in trying to convince us (thats what your trying to do isn't it?) and persistant in pushing us to make an SA video, why can't we just say "I don't want to" and that would be that. This topic seriously makes me feel as if a big chunk of the forums thinks ATS is under some moral obligation to give the "audience" what they want, thats just not right...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 03:18:21 PM by ZeroX »

Offline Maciver

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2005, 03:12:24 PM »
I just totally don't like the look of stunting in SA, I don't need to have played SA to know how stunts look in it, and I hate how everything looks.

I agree very much.  You dont have to play to see that it looks stupid.  

Dont listen to these guys.  Keep doing what your doing ATS.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal