Author Topic: [REL] GTA United 1.2  (Read 57788 times)

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] GTA United 1.2
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 12:36:47 AM »
If you have any errors, please tell us your operation system aswell.

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 02:55:46 AM »
It didn't work for me at first but then I replaced the original scripts with the ones used in vc2sa and I can enter the game right now. The map is great. It's really nice to see all the roofs fixed. Thanks for your efforts!

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 03:18:44 AM »
Awesome guys, thanks for release new version.  :cheernutz: Now need to make uscm for this   :wub:

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 05:48:46 AM »
It didn't work for me at first but then I replaced the original scripts with the ones used in vc2sa and I can enter the game right now. The map is great. It's really nice to see all the roofs fixed. Thanks for your efforts!
Can you tell us what exactly you replaced with what?

Offline ExRer

• Veteran Member
  • Biggest Hard Drum&Bass fan on this forum
    • View Profile
    • SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 06:29:48 AM »
I reinstaled GTA, instaled United1.2, and when i open gta_sa i get this: Asi loader error; Error loading plugin VAL.asi, then it open gta and when i press new game it crashed  <_<
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:34:27 AM by ExRer »

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 06:51:25 AM »
.exe size before/after installing? Which operating system (32/64 Bit) ?

Offline ExRer

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »
64 bit win7, exe: 14 386 176 bajts. It doesnt change.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:00:34 AM by ExRer »

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 07:02:23 AM »
Not that it matters, but I'm always getting this "gta_sa.exe stopped working blablabla" thingy when I close the game via quit game function from the pause menu. :P

Probably a super old question you guys got asked many times - but what was the reason for excluding the SA map again? Some limiter issue or something?
Also is this supposed to be the very final product or will development go on in any way (storyline, mini games, bug fixes, etc.)?

I haven't touched United for quite a while, but from my first "new" impression it seems somewhat fresher and vibrant. Maybe due to the palm trees 'n such. :hmm:

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 07:08:43 AM »
The two script files in data/script.

Offline D.JacK

• View Profile
    • My youtube Channel
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 07:36:14 AM »
Looks good idea,yea,same here,I can't work at first,but I used different way to work the mod. :P
really amazing,really better than 1.1 version. like the intro. :wub: :wub:

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 07:52:48 AM »
Regarding the error message while quitting the game, read the second last point here. In order that United is possible in the first place we needed to push the limits of the san andreas engine and that is something which is complicated and makes the game more unstable. If we would now put both the maps of LC and VC with SA together, the limits must've be pushed even further and the game would be unplayable unstable, I'm not even sure if it would even start. For that reason we gave up long ago the goal to put all three maps together and insteat we wanted to concentrate on LC+VC.  ;)

Edit:
And regarding further versions, there are no concrete plans, but it's not out of the question either. Maybe ATP will work a bit more on United (USCM / MP are two interesting plans aswell).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:56:46 AM by LiveLife »

Offline ATP

• GTA United 1.2 Developer
    • View Profile
    • ATP's Page
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 11:35:41 AM »
But thats not good, because the new main.scm contains all the new features.
So what exactly means "It didn't work"? Please provide more details, such as where it crashed etc.

64 bit win7, exe: 14 386 176 bajts. It doesnt change.
Try to run patch_gta_sa.bat from the game folder as admin, before starting the game.

Offline ExRer

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »
oh iam so stupid :D i tell you wrong OS info. (another computer :D)
on that one is Windows XP

Offline plak

• Veteran Member
  • zazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 12:04:35 PM »
Crashes when the loading screen starts, tried both xp and win7. I tried replacing the scripts with vc2sa, tried multiple gta_sa.exe's, all with the same result.

I don't understand why you guys didn't just keep it simple by replacing the original maps with the SA one, fix the colls and try make it run as smooth as possible, first. and then (if that works fine) add all this stuff that only makes it overly complicated to run and takes away the original feel in an extra version. Well, I guess it's more fun to focus on creating shops, side-missions, leaving things out, adding roofs on stadiums and 'normal' gta players like it 'when there is stuff to do' blah. But really, you guys should've taken an example out of the people who created the LC mod for VC. I do have respect for the amount of work you guys seemed to invested in this though, I just hate the result (based on the trailer en all the endless talk about it) and now it doesn't even work.

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »
We did what we did, because of the fun to do so, plak. We liked creating this modification, making it fit more to San Andreas, adding all kinds of things. There is no "need" to look at other projects, because we create our own mod which fits our own concerns and interests. When you don't like what we did with United that's absolutely fine, but then you only had false expectations regarding our mod.

The modification itself works furthermore better than ever before; that it may be hard to install for some people lies mostly in the fact, that rockstar has created so many .exe versions, many of them can't handle the necessary patching (so that our mod is possible in the first place). And regarding the val.asi mistake and intro crash (for example), we never encountered that before, but now that we know these bugs we try to solve these things. Once United runs, it's way better than before .. so sorry that you couldn't play it yet. What about you tell us exactly what error message you get, and then we can see if something can be done.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal