Author Topic: Absurd  (Read 27536 times)

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Absurd
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2010, 02:03:17 PM »
Killerstunter's Bigass Review
(I wrote this very quick so please expect grammer/spelling mistakes)

Pre-intro
Not always do I get to state my opinion on pre-intros because most of the stunt videos don't basically have pre-intros, I feel privileged lol. :euro: It's cool that you have a pre-intro. :P At first I thought it was a tsunami lol, a giant square red tsunami, then it hit me. If to compare this pre-intro and Trial By Fire preintro, I can't really decide if I like this more or Trial By Fire pre-intro, Trial By Fire preintro was more dramatic and this one has more concept to it but if not to compare this, I love this lol. :P By the way, how do you make that text appear lol? Is it like, importing it into the game? (9.5/10)

Intro
That guy's face looks extremely funny lol. I liked this intro, loved the camera angles. The ATS looked a bit flat but other than that, everything was cool. (9/10)

Stunts

Tetsuo Shima
Woah, awesome stunt, I got the "damn, why didn't I find that spot" feeling. Loved the rotations you got :P (9.5/10)

Agent Smith
Liked how you landed on the edge, the stunt looks stylish, good job. (9/10)

Extraterrestrial
That was awesome, such clean rotations to grind, great job man! (9.5/10)

Agent Smith
Liked how you actually bumped the ledge to the grind instead of ramping the little grass ramp but I think this has been done before, not sure. (8.5/10)

Tetsuo Shima
Woah, this is rare to see I mean, a palm precision, if my memory still serves me then the last time I saw a palm precision was in New Breed's Slamfunk by Rocka. This was nuts, great job on landing this. (9.5/10)

Agent Smith
Again I'm getting that "Why didn't I think of that" feeling, nice rotations. I figure the run-up is kinda short, correct me if I'm wrong but I think the top is possible. Nonetheless, great job. :P (8.5/10)

Tetsuo Shima
That looks so sexy, you really like drop bumps and precisions, don't ya? :P (9.5/10)

Extraterrestrial
Holy crap, the height looked insane, nice job. (9/10)

Tetsuo Shima
Very stylish execution, was funny how you luckily bumped the curb avoiding crashing into the ledge, had a nice laugh at tweety. (9/10)

Agent Smith
Damn, that's awesome. The angle and the rotations, looked so stylish. (9.5/10)

Tetsuo Shima
Very stylish execution, was funny how you luckily bumped the curb avoiding crashing into the ledge, had a nice laugh at tweety. (9/10)

Agent Smith
That was insane, natural bump to wall bump to precision, awesomeness. (10/10)

Tetsuo Shima
Seems like an annoying stunt, especially the boosting part and the landing part, nice job man. (9/10)

extraterrestrial
That thing isn't bumpable in SA, props on landing the stunt naturally with that bump. :P (9/10)

Agent Smith
Nice clean krail to a clean long grind, nice job. :P (8.5/10)

Tetsuo Shima
I've tried that a lot of times, it's damn hard regarding the angle, props for landing that! (9.5/10)

Agent Smith
Cool stunt, nice execution. :P (8.5/10)

Extraterrestrial
Loved how clean it looked, especially the landing. (9.5/10)

Tetsuo Shima
Didn't even think that was possible lol, great job man! (9.5/10)

Extraterrestrial
I think it's old in SA but regarding the difficulty of natural bumping and precision landing in the VC engine, I say good job. :P (8/10)

Agent Smith
That was really cool! The camera angle was awesome. (9.5/10)

Tetsuo Shima
Holy... it was so awesome, there aren't many ways to naturally land that building, the height you got was awesome. (9.5/10)

Agent Smith
Nice distance you got before the grind, good job. :P (8/10)

Tetsuo Shima
Nice to see those oldschool stuff even now, also, this seems hard with the palm being so thin, great job man. :P (9/10)

Agent Smith
It's been done before and you could've finished the grind but regarding that you just got into grinds, cool. :P (7.5/10)

Tetsuo Shima
It's not old from this side but it's old from the other side I think but doesn't matter, cool stunt. (8.5/10)

Outro
My god, I've never laughed so hard. Kaneda, you really do know how to make a person laugh. That truely genius, best fucking outro ever. :lol:

Overall
This video had an awesome feeling to it, had that ATS feeling. Even though just you three were representing the whole crew, you guys did it pretty damn well. Who edited this? Neo? I loved the editing, it was so clean yet so satisfying. Decent amount of effects nice syncing. The camera work was good too, really liked the weather/time changes you made, gave the video a great atmosphere. About the stunts, I was pretty damn impressed by the amount of natural stunts in the video, it's one of the hardest things to find these days but you guys pulled it off so well. I was also impressed by the amount of precisions in the video, seriously, you guys fucking rock. Overall, I was very impressed by this video, when I saw the topic, I was expecting a lot but this was more than what I expected. Usually videos have flaws somewhere but this video generally was close to perfection, awesome pre-intro, awesome intro, awesome mainpart and awesome outro; awesome stunts and awesome editing. How many times did I say awesome? Doesn't matter, it's still awesome lol, so far the best video I've seen this year. This video was a huge inspiration for me, I was kinda running low on it but you guys pumped in a whole lot of it into me lol. Thank you for posting this, I really enjoyed this. :)

9.5/10

:o Thank you so much for the big ass review dude.  :wub:

Offline Donekkk IU

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »
XD.

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2010, 10:24:05 PM »
One of the best movies this year so far. As always amazing feeling, you cant get from any other crew. Great stunts, few oldies there and there but as for old guys like you im not suprised  :euro: Once again you proved yourself to be ATS. ATS standard, ats feeling, ats win.

Offline Macsta

• Veteran Member
  • The Big Mac
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2010, 12:18:22 AM »
Fantastic feeling from this vid, loved every second of it. The music gave me the old ATS feel, aswell as the editing. Some really cool stunts in there. Enjoyable vid, made me laugh in the outro aswell. Top stuff guys!

Offline Kert

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2010, 05:00:55 AM »
Major props for putting out another great video. Liked it a lot, fun to watch. A few golden oldies but they made the video better, in my opinion. Editing was smooth, worked well. Outro was a very clever idea, done perfectly as well. I didn't enjoy the massive intro that much though, no offence of course, I can imagine how much work scripting and all that takes.

kaneda, was it hard to 'settle' with the top balcony, in that grass hill/bump 2 roof spot? The top was very close.

thank you for sharing the video guys!

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2010, 11:13:37 AM »
Thanks again for the comments everyone

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
@Kert:

I did really want the roof, of course, but to look at it the roof is recessed a scooch further back from the balconies. With such a fine angle needed...I was happy with the balcony. I couldn't hold up the vid for as long as I needed.

Didn't settle for the balcony on the drop bump in LC though  :lol:

Offline Otaka

• Veteran Member
  • Date Registered: December 18, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
awesome as always...  ;D

*pokes kaneda*
I already called the coast guard and ambulance.  :rolleyes:

Offline blackdeath

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »
One of best VC video, fucking awesome intro .. Stunts were great, Music ?  :wub: .. 9,9/10

Offline Brad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http:///
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2010, 01:00:51 PM »
this video's the most perfect on the world... really loved it!  :wub:
you guys are awesome!  ;D

merricks

« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »
pure pcj precision. some things never change.

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2010, 09:25:04 AM »
Thank you to everyone for enjoying the video  ;)

Offline Ralleee

• The Ralmeister
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2010, 03:50:41 PM »
Insane video, you guys are amazing. I can't seriously pick a favourite stunt, astonishing

Offline Emperatris

• Veteran Member
  • EmpyLicious | Ms. Elle
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2010, 08:39:01 AM »
I likey, :) As usual, ATS did it again. :)

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »
Great video guys.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal