Author Topic: GTA5 Discussion  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTA5 Discussion
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Let's not stop talking about GTA5 quite yet, I wanna hear your thoughts on the trailer, anything you're looking forward to in particular? Personally I thought Mount Chiliad looked absolutely amazing, along with the variety of landscapes and the lifelike player movements. I also noticed a dog, so potentially having pets would be a really cool addition. My only dislike is the detail of the trees, they look like they would fit right into GTA4 but I feel they're a tad out of place here.

As for vehicles, we got to see the standard cars, a jet and a stuntplane, the front of a bike and one of those surfjet thingies. (I bet they're good for doing grabs haha)
What I'm really looking forward to is to try out the badass planes and hopefully some fast boats, how about you guys? Also: Strip joints and hookers for the epic win

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer #1

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: GTA5 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
Well I mentioned in the trailer thread that I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see dogs in the game when it's released. Just like when I first played III and thought 'Wait a minute. What happened to the school buses?'

I was disappointed to see that they just rehashed a city they've already used, and that it seemed to follow the basic layout of the original SA. I guess people who've played SA to death will have the advantage of not having to worry too much about looking at the map. The city looks fine, it looks great in fact. But (as expected) the trailer really didn't reveal enough to make an accurate judgement about the game. The fact that the narrator mentioned kids is interesting because that's never (to my knowledge) been a feature of GTA in any way. We can't be 100% certain that the narrator of the ad is the protagonist in the game, of course, but we can assume.

There was some mention of the protagonist being Tommy Vercetti, but I find that difficult to believe. The game looks set in present day. I'm wondering how much of the original SA will be present in this game in terms of story, etc. Will it be goofy like SA was? Will it incorporate RPG elements like SA did? Will there be 50 million different pointless cars for you to drive, or will they keep it simple? Will you be able to fly the planes in the trailer, or will they just be part of the environment?

That's basically what the trailer has done for me - posed more questions than it answered. As always, the next trailer will reveal more.

Offline TheGT4sm

• Veteran Member
  • BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »
What I'm really looking forward to is to try out the badass planes and hopefully some fast boats, how about you guys?
Same. :ajaja:

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:13:47 PM »
I think it's safe to assume that's the voice of the main character, anything else I would find rather strange. As for kids, I know a certain crewmember who would be ecstatic about such a thing, and it would be interesting to see in a freeroam game like GTA, but I honestly doubt it.
And I don't think you have to fear the maps being too similar, as far as I understand their goal isn't to remake San Andreas. Sure there are bound to be some similarities between the two, but I reckon we're in for a whole new GTA experience here  :D

I'm also quite curious about the missions/storyline, I hope they decide to experiment a little instead of playing it safe. Doing missions in GTA4 was incredibly boring imo.

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 01:17:41 PM »
hope it's good for stunting, hope it haves good music, hope it haves long storyline, hope map is huge but not the same shit each block, hope i don't have to wait 3 years to play it like i did with gta 4  :P , hope it haves lots of weapons and different vehicles types and hope the player isn't black...just kidding xD

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 01:22:17 PM »
I think they did a fine job rehashing some of the more important parts of Los Santos and incoprate it with great looking newer parts aswell as the whole atmosphere, it took me back to when I first play San Andreas when I was ... 11?

I'd highly doubt the game would have kids since people would freak out about it and so would I. Also I doubt you will be able to get animals like dogs, what I mean is like animals that are too close to human beings, ofcourse I could see bears and all in the woods but that's wishful thinking since Greenpeace or whoever is responsible for animals would also throw a huge pile of crap at Rockstar.

I think I even saw a part of Las Venturas there but I could be wrong that machine in the desert just reminded me way too much about the LV Desert.

Also Jetskies in a game that is capable of having replays (sorry VCS :/) Let's hope they will add yet more demanded vehicles that have been requested for years e.g. Skateboards and Trikes, maybe even a Wheelchair haha :P

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »
I wasn't referring in any way to the possibility of kids in the game - that'll NEVER happen. Just the mere mention of kids is unusual for a GTA game. Perhaps the narrator in the trailer is the father of the protagonist. Maybe we'll see brothers as the playable characters in the game.

He refers to them as kids, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're young. If it IS Tommy in the trailer, and the game is set in present day, it's reasonable to assume he could have kids in their mid 20's.

Offline Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 01:46:11 PM »
tbh , i doesn't look like it's that good for stunting , too much details. but i think you can't say that clearly until you see more trailers or gameplays.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
The guy putting his house up for sale might be a hint towards buying properties like in GTA:SA?

and I love the way they make the countryside look

Some other things I saw:
- Silencers on the AK's
- Up n Atom Burger truck -> food is gonna be essential again?
- Nightclubs
- Guy in red car, with white tanktop returns in multiple shots, possibly same guy running away from the police. I'm guessing he will be involved a lot in the story.
- Zeppelin :P
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:03:16 PM by Genyus »

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 02:37:24 PM »
HOLY FUCK - MOUNT CHILLIAD LOOKS AMAZING!

I'm really excited for this! The country areas looks like the best parts too... I've saw alot of familiar buildings/areas and that's great!

Can't wait...

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 02:43:13 PM »
I really hope it has a lot of variety in terms of missions, like San Andreas. IV's mission we're all way too similar and boring.

Offline juuretis

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 07:04:38 AM »
I hope GTA5 is stuntable and ofc I hope u can grind fast like in VC :D

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 04:54:59 AM »
As for kids, I know a certain crewmember who would be ecstatic about such a thing, and it would be interesting to see in

You got that right  :euro:

As for GTA V I want to see something new innovative that I've never seen in previous GTA games. As re-watching the trailer my expectations grow higher and higher. Judging by the graphics it will be way better than GTA IV. Hope Rockstar wont fuck something up about the release date again

Offline Syny

• People need to learn and enjoy solitude
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SrSyny
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 06:08:47 AM »
I hope that GTA 5 is stuntable and I love some places, like the mount chilliad  :wub:

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 04:14:34 PM »
Damn I'm so eager to see who the protagonist is! The city looks so damn beautiful, it looks so alive and the colors are beautiful!
The story sounds really interesting at the moment, hope it comes out as good as it sounds :D
Also I really want to see which references Rockstar will make to other games/gta-s this time :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal