Author Topic: Barney - Cenotaph  (Read 23829 times)

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
Re: Barney - Cenotaph
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2022, 12:06:53 AM »
0:30 - Dam double grind: Great stunt to start it off. Would have liked to see more of the run-up to better understand the stunt but really liked the execution.

0:40 - Wallbonk to court house: Nice. Why do I feel like I have seen this before

0:47 - Curb bump to ledge grind: Great idea and execution

0:58 - Drop wallride to grind: Sweet, looks fun to try

1:05 - Bridge double grind: Such a sick grind. Love the 180 on the transition. Very clean

1:14 - P2B to apartment block: Just massive. Always love to see that roof landed from a new angle. I guess the run-up was perfect for it

1:24 - Back tankbump to apartment block: Another great find and execution. Massive recoil to a classic roof. Love to see it

1:32 - Airport wallride to grind: Sweet

1:44 - Drop to quad BB grind: Doesn't look as difficult as the other stunts but I still like the idea

1:54 - Cherry double grind on BB: Great combo and I appreciate that you managed to land on the small roof haha. Lovely

2:05 - Drop stoppie to grind: I've been looking for spots to use the stoppie method on and this one looks like it was destined for it. Great find

2:22 - Grind to ledge to box prec: Absolutely insane. Dinner's served: Cherry stomped

2:42 - Skimmer bump to high ledge: Like the transition here a lot. And is this the first landing of that roof without gravmod? Massive stunt once again.

2:56 - PSM to Hyman stairwell: Nice. Doesn't beat the vent landing but still a great addition to the vid

3:05 - Oversized back tankbump: Thought you were going for a mag, that would have blown me away. Great stunt

3:14 - Skimmer bump by the water: Another massive one. Skimmer bumps aren't my favorite, however I do like how it is utilized here. Would have liked another cam angle but I get the cinematic idea with the song. You make these stunts look too easy!

3:25 - Icecream bump to prec: Clean af

3:34 - PSM MAG: WTF!! you're a madman. The way you grabbed onto that roof with rotation and your player model touching the roof in the midst of it was butter

3:43 - PSM grind bonk grind: such a clever idea and find

3:53 - P2B airport ledge grind: That's a screamer. I was hoping to see this roof grinded properly one day and you delivered. I was surprised how long you stayed in the grind, that was nutty

4:05 - Skimmer bump Moist Palms: Almost overflew that :wacko:

4:15 - PSM MAG to grind: What a beauty of a stunt. another fantastic idea and execution

4:27 - PSM hotel prec: Looks really tough. Great job sticking this to the ledge. Higher part possible ? :ninja:

4:38 - Trashmaster bump to radio prec: Finally someone landed this antenna. Your approach looks so obvious now that I see the setup with the trashmaster haha creative find and clean landing on a sketchy prec. Fantastic

4:47 - PSM to ship antenna prec: Sick stunt to end it on. Feels like there have been a lot of psm's back to back (or stuck methods in general) which I am generally not a fan of but it doesn't get rid of the fact that this is a fantastic stunt with clinical execution. I can appreciate the dedication you have to this game even after all these years. This was a wild ride

Music: I really enjoyed the song choice throughout. Transitions were done really well, the whole vid had a great flow & the stunts fitted well to the ambience of the songs

Editing: Fantastic editing by jason who delivered a great example of the power of simon's replay tool. Many clever angles that made the video look even more surreal than it already was. The effects were well chosen and not overdone, the stunts and cam angles spoke for themselves.
Overall a great australian powerhouse production :euro:

Offline DeathMazhine

• Veteran Member
  • INSTAGRAM: BUGAZERA
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE CHANNELS
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2022, 06:52:29 AM »
 :mellow:

Offline Neotec

•  
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2022, 08:47:49 PM »
gotta say the editing in this video was insane,incredible!
barney, as always insane with his stunts  :lol:

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2022, 03:08:17 AM »
He did it again haha killer as always, Barney makes stunting look easy. Sick camera work and editing too!

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2022, 07:56:05 PM »

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2022, 06:47:55 AM »
I wanted to reply to this earlier, but I forgot about it. Watching it again it still amazes me. This is one of the Barney videos I don't yet know by heart so even watching it now again it was an amazing experience.

This video has everything a signature Barney videos has:
  • Big air stunts
  • landing precisions on the very highest part
  • Amazing grind combos where you cannot believe what will follow next
  • Insane and lengthy ledge grinds
  • Mid-air grabs

Seeing this video appear in 2022 is truly a treat. I and most everyone was wondering if you would ever come back to stunting. I would expect you to, but not in this caliber. Its amazing how you still manage to make your solos more insane than the ones that were before. Even after all this time.

The editing was also amazing. The camera work and interludes worked great. I'm getting real UnorthodoX vibes from this video. I also loved the "Gandalf the White" moment on the skimmer bump.

Amazing worked to everyone involved! 10/10

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2023, 07:39:09 PM »
Got back from my holiday 2 days ago and got stuck straight into producing the attempts/bails compilation. Barney had sent me his accumulated footage the evening before I had to leave, what a tease.

45 minutes of footage, and a detailed view of what level of dedication is required to produce an S tier solo.

https://youtu.be/wF2RRofmiVs

Original post also updated.

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2023, 08:51:35 PM »
Got back from my holiday 2 days ago and got stuck straight into producing the attempts/bails compilation. Barney had sent me his accumulated footage the evening before I had to leave, what a tease.

45 minutes of footage, and a detailed view of what level of dedication is required to produce an S tier solo.

https://youtu.be/wF2RRofmiVs

Original post also updated.
cool, i thinked it will be 24 hour video, anyway, i think most of stunters really dedicated, even more than him, but what i see in his attempts he really try to be precise

EDIT:
just for example, anyone can watch 4:34 and 4:52, and see game lag, now tell me that he didn't use my method
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:51:59 AM by AllBeast »

Offline Mythic

• Veteran Member
  • WH Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2023, 04:46:34 AM »
unreal man ;D

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2023, 05:17:38 PM »
EDIT:
just for example, anyone can watch 4:34 and 4:52, and see game lag, now tell me that he didn't use my method

We can also look at 5:39, where the game lags 3 times very quickly on an attempt that obviously hasn't got any desired outcome, and we can conclude that Barney's PC simply isn't strong enough for recording at 30fps with whatever program he uses. These types of lags are not present in any of my recordings in this video, or the actual video.

Perhaps you should ask Demonstraqui to teach you how the game works, rookie.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 10:48:36 PM by Jason »

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2023, 04:47:49 AM »
EDIT:

We can also look at 5:39, where the game lags 3 times very quickly on an attempt that obviously hasn't got any desired outcome, and we can conclude that Barney's PC simply isn't strong enough for recording at 30fps with whatever program he uses. These types of lags are not present in any of my recordings in this video, or the actual video.

Perhaps you should ask Demonstraqui to teach you how the game works, rookie.
you're right, I also had a weak computer, and therefore I had lags in the video, and aren't you Barney's fucking friend, why couldn't you give him one good computer?

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2023, 02:04:31 PM »
why so angry?

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2023, 02:18:19 PM »
Fantastic. It's a rare experience to be entranced by a video like this. Feels longer than 6 minutes because it kept my attention the whole time. The stunts kept surprising me. No annoying edits or monologues, quick intro, great music and atmosphere. This is how you do it!

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2023, 03:17:15 PM »
Killer vid.  ;D

Offline wviMis

• Modus Operandi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2023, 01:16:36 AM »
突然想起来我还没评论。确实牛逼,这段时间我已经不知道自己反复看了多少次。内心的想法除了感叹强大,更多的是怀旧。但不希望就此终结,期待你的下一部。