Author Topic: Ultimate Stunters Main SCM  (Read 268917 times)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Stunters Main SCM
« Reply #1155 on: August 08, 2020, 08:13:41 AM »
I have recently begun using AllBeast's version of SAiVC which fixed a bunch of texture issues but I still use your original MAIN.SCM for it. Notes say 'final beta 0.1'? Created 24th June 2008.
Okay cool, that seems consistent with the one from the ModDB link, so perhaps I'll start with that one at least.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #1156 on: August 08, 2020, 08:15:46 AM »
I have recently begun using AllBeast's version of SAiVC which fixed a bunch of texture issues but I still use your original MAIN.SCM for it. Notes say 'final beta 0.1'? Created 24th June 2008.
Okay cool, that seems consistent with the one from the ModDB link, so perhaps I'll start with that one at least.
Thanks bud, appreciate your efforts, know lots of others will to.

You considering a possible comeback? ;D

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 09, 2020, 06:22:41 AM »
Cheers, and nah not expecting any sort of proper return, though I did randomly jump into the game for a spot of stunting a couple months ago, which was a bit of fun. Muscle memory came back quickly, as did a serious question about why on earth I always did it with keyboard/mouse (and with arrow keys too, instead of WASD, yikes) - I think you have the right idea, haha!

Here's the files for the SAiVC-compatible USCM (using the latest code I have, and including all 4 variants):
https://easyupload.io/dh1472

Not sure which gamepad variant you go for, everything is there (both gamepad ones, and the two keyboard and mouse ones too), so hopefully something in there works for ya - or anyone else interested. Though that leads to the big question, whether it works AT ALL - since I don't have the mod installed I cannot test it to confirm. Fingers-crossed I guess! Let me know how it goes, and if no luck I'll see what I can do.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #1158 on: August 09, 2020, 06:54:04 AM »
Cheers, and nah not expecting any sort of proper return, though I did randomly jump into the game for a spot of stunting a couple months ago, which was a bit of fun. Muscle memory came back quickly, as did a serious question about why on earth I always did it with keyboard/mouse (and with arrow keys too, instead of WASD, yikes) - I think you have the right idea, haha!

Here's the files for the SAiVC-compatible USCM (using the latest code I have, and including all 4 variants):
https://easyupload.io/dh1472

Not sure which gamepad variant you go for, everything is there (both gamepad ones, and the two keyboard and mouse ones too), so hopefully something in there works for ya - or anyone else interested. Though that leads to the big question, whether it works AT ALL - since I don't have the mod installed I cannot test it to confirm. Fingers-crossed I guess! Let me know how it goes, and if no luck I'll see what I can do.
It works.

I had to reinstall SAiVC cos I broke mine haha, but clean fresh install, with your MAIN.SCM, works like a dream.

Gamepad wouldn't even respond using AllBeast's version of SAiVC though so may have to stick to the original version. Outstanding effort though Dannye, decade on and yer still a bloody hero to stunters haha.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 10, 2020, 05:46:10 AM »
Hah thanks, I'm glad I randomly decided to check back here again and see your post only a week or so old! Great to hear that it works for ya, happy stunting!

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #1160 on: August 10, 2020, 07:47:39 AM »
Hah thanks, I'm glad I randomly decided to check back here again and see your post only a week or so old! Great to hear that it works for ya, happy stunting!
A heluva lucky coincidence, really!

Loved yer wee best-of video, Rainbow sent me a huge list of the best stunt videos of the last decade since I missed most of it and that was included. Always appreciated your creative eye for spots to bring something different to videos.

Apologises for slightly de-railing the topic.

Offline ostin

• ViCe NiNjA
  • Modus Operandi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 12, 2020, 05:02:27 PM »

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 15, 2020, 07:26:07 AM »
Dannye, I have a big favour to ask. Is there a USCM that works with a map cleaned VC? The standard one doesn't work now that the map has nothing in it.

EDIT: Nevermind! I found one in another map mod that works. :rolleyes:

But I may ask for a second favour eventually. Nothing extreme, just to change the spawn point.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 07:38:38 AM by Jason »

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 16, 2020, 05:45:22 AM »

Loved yer wee best-of video, Rainbow sent me a huge list of the best stunt videos of the last decade since I missed most of it and that was included. Always appreciated your creative eye for spots to bring something different to videos.

All good KJ, I appreciate kind words, glad ya enjoyed the vid! I had a blast putting that one together, experimenting with the Freeplay stuff.

---

(image)
Haha, thanks.

---

Dannye, I have a big favour to ask. Is there a USCM that works with a map cleaned VC? The standard one doesn't work now that the map has nothing in it.

But I may ask for a second favour eventually. Nothing extreme, just to change the spawn point.

No problem, I should be able to do that for you. If you could upload the scm that you have found and want to use (perhaps via easyupload if thats okay? That's seemed to work well for me so far), then I'll download it and make the modifications. Then I'll just need the new spawn coordinates you would like, if you know them, or a description of the area in the map so I can try to figure them out.

(I must admit I probably should've made the whole thing on a stripped/clean scm from the very beginning. That probably would've made things easier, and the only loss being that people couldn't play through the missions - but thats not what we do anyway so I doubt many would've minded, haha)

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 16, 2020, 06:02:01 AM »

All good KJ, I appreciate kind words, glad ya enjoyed the vid! I had a blast putting that one together, experimenting with the Freeplay stuff.

---

(image)
Haha, thanks.

---

No problem, I should be able to do that for you. If you could upload the scm that you have found and want to use (perhaps via easyupload if thats okay? That's seemed to work well for me so far), then I'll download it and make the modifications. Then I'll just need the new spawn coordinates you would like, if you know them, or a description of the area in the map so I can try to figure them out.

(I must admit I probably should've made the whole thing on a stripped/clean scm from the very beginning. That probably would've made things easier, and the only loss being that people couldn't play through the missions - but thats not what we do anyway so I doubt many would've minded, haha)

As a gamepad stunter, Im kinda jealous of what standards stunters can achieve with their features just like standard can change weather, load 2 position unlike gamepad (kingjad and I and others) having a tough time dealing with it. I wish the gamepad version of SA SCM will get a lovely update. I just can't play others like United, Alien City of any other map mods as it contains/have only a standard version.

Ps; I mean having the option of Standard scm to gamepad too

welcome back dannye, I just watched your stunts video weeks ago and never expected to see the guy now logging in again to gtas and it's dannye  :wub:

Offline ostin

• ViCe NiNjA
  • Modus Operandi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 16, 2020, 07:44:11 AM »
btw, is there a working gamepad scm for LC?
so that i don't have to anguish with the keyboard on car stunts :rolleyes:

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 17, 2020, 03:44:06 AM »
Here's the one I uploaded for KJ recently: https://easyupload.io/yvls8y
Hopefully this works for you, it includes all the variants of the LC USCM, including the gamepad/controller ones.

As a gamepad stunter, Im kinda jealous of what standards stunters can achieve with their features just like standard can change weather, load 2 position unlike gamepad (kingjad and I and others) having a tough time dealing with it. I wish the gamepad version of SA SCM will get a lovely update. I just can't play others like United, Alien City of any other map mods as it contains/have only a standard version.

Ps; I mean having the option of Standard scm to gamepad too

welcome back dannye, I just watched your stunts video weeks ago and never expected to see the guy now logging in again to gtas and it's dannye  :wub:
Hey, thanks! And that's completely understandable, I'm not a fan of that original gamepad variant of the USCM myself! I vaguely recall having to rely on feedback from other stunters in those early days to help figure out ideal controls for each of the features (as I don't use a gamepad), and some features were left out due to a combination of those people specifically not desiring them and me being hesitant to bundle them in and risk either making people have to contort their fingers to use them or being too easy to accidentally activate.

That's why, a few years later, I ended up trying to have a proper go at making a full-featured gamepad version. I got a gamepad up and running for myself and worked through trying to come up with a usable setup that supported all features. Most USCMs I released from 2009 onward should have included it, called 'Gamepad Version B' or something like that. I expect everyone has slightly different button mappings, so while I thought it worked well for me, perhaps not so for others (especially since it worked best with some buttons shared specific pairings of game actions - as noted in the documentation included, I think).

I assume that you are currently using the original (not "version B") version of the gamepad scm? If so, have you tried the B one? I'd be happy to take feedback on it, from anybody, especially if it only requires a few changes to work well enough that people can move over to that feature-rich one instead of the lackluster older one.

(Oh, and unfortunately I only ever made that 'Version B' scm for the Vice City engine USCMs, not San Andreas. Maybe I could look into porting a "B" version into SA too - but I'll hold off for now in-case any feedback does come in about that version being useful/not)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 03:47:08 AM by Dannye »

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 19, 2020, 11:56:30 AM »
I may be completely off base with what you guys are talking about exactly, but a standard ps4 gamepad works on SA for me. Plug n play with SA and V and probably VC.

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 19, 2020, 03:38:19 PM »
Wow, this place is tripping me out lol

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 21, 2020, 08:15:07 AM »
Sorry I'm quite late. But as a gamepad (DualShock3) main, I thought my input might be of use for you. I have never played with Keyboard, but have always used the Keyboard SCM and it works perfectly fine on my controller. The gamepad version seems a bit odd to me as the controls are super wonky for controller, but the Keyboard version is phenomenal.

I may be completely off base with what you guys are talking about exactly, but a standard ps4 gamepad works on SA for me. Plug n play with SA and V and probably VC.
Same for me. Despite me using a DualShock3 controller for PC. Getting it to work was quite a hassle, but managed to get it fixed by an online friend of Playz who helped us to get it working. He downloaded some drivers from some external place and put that over the standard drivers. Now it works great. And if it doesn't show up, I put the drivers over it again and it's solved. The only small issue I have is that I have to re do this all if I plug it into a different USB Hub. If I keep it in the same one, there's no issues at all.

Random appreciation for Dannye:
Honestly, this might be a bit off-topic in some way, but I feel like I should thank you for this tool. If it weren't for the main.scm, I doubt many people would even be stunting. Figured I should let you know this as it feels to me like you do not get the recognition you deserve. Just kinda wish the spawner would include a MTB

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal