Author Topic: Love Juice  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
Love Juice
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:46:06 AM »
I'm sure many of you have experienced this, (don't tell me I'm the only one who actually plays the missions anymore) but I first thought it was a problem with the ultimate main.scm.

Every time I play the "Love Juice" mission, the dealer comes up to my car, says, "I got what you need," and then just stands there. Nothing happens, but it's not frozen, I'm guessing some programming error like an infinite loop or something is preventing the program from getting to the next line of code, or whatever. Point is, he's supposed to say, "Thanks for the money, sucka!" And drive off, but he never does.

I press escape, nothing happens. I type BIGBANG, the screen shakes but my car (and any on screen) doesn't blow up. I type ICANTTAKEITANYMORE, nothing happens. I press ALT+F4, nothing happens. So I CTRL+ALT+DEL out, and end the program that way. (I don't even get an unhandled exception!)

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, I used to think this was an ultimate main.scm problem. However, I just got this error while playing with the regular main.scm.

I am playing with the <_< "alternate" version of the game, but the ONLY altered files are carcols.dat and particle.cfg* (I even still have the normal american.gxt and street skin!)

So if I have this error, what is causing it, and how do I fix it?

I'ma try with the CD, see if that helps, but for future reference, I would like to know what to do.

*I edited the particle.cfg in one of my OLD GTA Vice City folders, on a different computer, but for some reason, my dust is still green. Fire isn't green, Explosions aren't green, smoke isn't green, but the dust (from helicopters, etc.) still is. lol

Edit: Where are my manners? Hi! How is everybody?

Offline DriZzly

• Veteran Member
  • Tak-47
    • View Profile
Re: Love Juice
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:53:01 AM »
hi :)

that never happened to me
tried to just reinstall ?

/edit:
does the whole game freeze or are u still able to move around n stuff ?

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:24:44 AM »
i had this also by some other mission when you need to destroy that little factory

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 11:39:46 AM »
does the whole game freeze or are u still able to move around n stuff ?

Well, I can't move around, I can't change the camera, but it's not really frozen. Car exhaust is still moving, Lights on police sirens still flash, etc. It's like I'm just paralyzed, waiting for the drug dealer to finish ripping me off already :P

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
You have to put on your kewl face!  :ninja:

Nah not really, maybe post your savegame here so we can check it out ourselves and maybe do the mission for you.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 12:46:13 PM »
Or maybe start over again without a main.scm?  :o Well, thats what I did cause the game "paralyzed" after I killed .. forgot his name but anyway.. after I killed that guy he's laying there dead and there isnt a "mission passed" emblem with money  :L So I did it without the main.scm.

I dont know if "Love Juice" is one of the final missions, and if so then its annoying. But not many people here know stuff about this. So maybe go talk to some intro scripters, cause they now codes  :hmm:

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 12:57:12 PM »
Did rapidshare just up and get rid of their free accounts and make the premium accounts free? I guess that's cool and all but for the part where I have to make a new account. That's annoying.

http://rapidshare.com/files/418673634/GTAVCsf5.b.html

Speaking of annoying, the only thing more annoying than trying to land stunts is trying to play GTA with a MFing laptop. I'm headed over to the library now to try this with a CD. I think the problem may be related (although I can't see how) to the lack of audio.

@Rainbow - how can you do it without a main.scm? "Love Juice" is a side mission that gets activated after you kill Diaz, which is around the middle of the game, so it's in the second half.

Offline BG hitman

• Veteran Member
  • Zali-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 02:27:55 PM »
got the same problem several times while playing on that mission, after replaying the mission several times everything got OK   :jajaja:

but i rly don't know what's the problem  :P

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 10:37:37 PM »
they don't have speakers over there  :angry:

I put the CD in but there's still no audio so I can't tell if that's the problem. Ugh I don't want to play it on my laptop.

Edit: Thanks for the money, sucka! I played on my installed version and it worked. If you use the <_< "alternate" version, even with the CD in, there is no audio and the mission doesn't complete. When you play on the installed version, with the CD in, it works fine.

It definitely wasn't an scm issue, because the save file worked perfectly on my installed exe.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:44:20 PM by Psycho »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal