Author Topic: Ask the Reapers  (Read 46938 times)

Offline PM

• View Profile
Re: Ask the Reapers
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2015, 07:24:57 AM »
I'm sad to say that I don't know a lot about you guys so I wanna ask everyone some questions.

1. When did you start stunting and how?
2. What's your all-time favourite VC/SA video?
3. Who is your favourite stunter. (retired or currently active)

And feel free to elaborate  :P
1. I started stunting in 2008 with some slovak fellas when I was 10 years old, I didn't even know English and did some old, noobish stunts back then so I uploaded my vids on a czecho-slovakian streaming site, which was also some kind of community with a lot of cz/sk stunters. I joined GTAS in march 2009, firstly on temp forums and then later in 09 here. I can say that I learned English at this place and I've been daily active on this forum til now.

2. I have too many favorite videos, but to be more specific, in VC those would be the old WH CVs such as Ethereal or Gazuntei, also some TMS crew vids (Techjam...), collab Kindergarden and NB - Slamfunk. For SA, there's a shitload of epic videos, but I still love to rewatch XSA, TMS and WH vids such as Impure, Chapter XXIII, Avalanche and Onslaught every now and then. <3

3. In SA it's Grescha, Taz and Shadowsniper, in VC Daffy and Sorcery. I respect a lot of other unique stunters too though. :)

Offline Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2015, 08:05:01 AM »
I'm sad to say that I don't know a lot about you guys so I wanna ask everyone some questions.

And feel free to elaborate  :P

1. I started in 2008, a two months after I started play MTA DM. I did all stunts on mta indeed. Unfortunatly I lost these all videos.. after sometime my friend tell me that his classmate doing stunts too and he was in [SS] when saw 'Inspiration' first time I started to think how the fuck should I do such an amazing stunts. In 2009 after some break and 'learning' about stunting I realised solo in single, which I lost aswell. I was still noob back then. I registered on gtas in 2010 because I was to lazy to create an account and I didn't know how I should particple in collabs etc.
2.Well that's difficult question for me, I like a lot of videos. In SA Jinx, [SS]Inspiration, Just Mewka and Megaton. In VC [TMS], Luky's Crescendo, Equinox and Gazuntei.
3. You will see in our 'Meet the Crew' topic soon. :P

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2015, 09:27:16 AM »

1. Found gtas in 2005 but had a super shit pc (my roomates)that would run SA at around 5fps, so I was forced to start on ps2 until I could get a new pc. So I basically bought my first PC just to stunt SA in early 2006.

2. This is hard to say. I tend to have favorites based more on the feeling I got from the soundtrack and atmosphere,than how awesome the stunts may or may not have been. Sometimes when I watch old vids now, I can remember those fun old times when all of this was new to me, and I get that excited feeling again. The vids that bring out that feel are my favorites. And ofc back then, they did blow my mind.

As One Again -XSA/TMS
The Art of Dropping By- Tackleberry
Impure -XSA
Elements -ESU

3.Tackleberry/Grescha

Offline alieNboy

• Artists Movies 2011
  • COSMIC GANG
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 02:24:27 PM »

1. Summer 2010, By brother show me the stunt videos and he used to try some back in many years.

2. ATS - ATS/MMM - Ocean Of Notion

3. Grescha (retiredithink)

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 03:12:30 PM »
Even though we're gonna make a "Meet the Reapers" pretty soon, here you have my answers:

1. I started watching stunting videos in 2007, when I was 11. Then in 2008 I bought SA for PS2 and tried to do some stunts there, because that's where I thought everyone did stunt hahah. That same year , after realising that everyone stunted on PC, I saved some money and bought it too, but my PC was too weak for SA and I had to wait until mid 2009 to improve my PC. And yeah, that's when I started stunting.
I stunted some periods in VC (I even appeared in a couple videos such as CLICK -> I Hate Myself 5, Fast Collab and Shadow Disturbances 2 <-CLICK and people liked my stunts). I also tried to stunt in IV, but again, my PC was too weak. Last year I bought GTA V for PS3 and I also stunted there from tme to time, but couldn't record anything. I'm saving some money so I can buy a pretty decent PC this summer to stunt in V too.

2. That's a hard one hahah. Here you have a couple ones: VC: [WH]Devour and Barney - Homunculus. SA: [WH]Megaton, [SSU]Haze, MeetMyMeat - Ocean Of Notion and PrzemOO - Elusive. But there are TONS of videos from both engies that I enjoy as much as the ones I mencioned.

3. This is also hard, but not that much. In VC  my favorite stunter is probably Daffy, because he's not only good at bigairs but he's also dope at tech stuff and I really loved all of his solos. And in SA with no doublt my favorite one is Ktulu because he's fucking good at everything.. bigair stunts, tech stunts, mtb stunts, cabbie boosts, car stunts... everything.
But there are also some really great stunters that are beasts at their stuff such as: Barney, Sorcery, MTS,  Rainbow, Demon, Grescha, PrzemOO, Taz, Rusch69, Burn, Nauthiluz, Bart, Shadowsniper (aka. Vanilla) and A LOT more.

And yeah, that's basically it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 02:54:22 PM by Afterlife »

Offline J.Mario

• No TV No Radio
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 03:27:03 PM »
you guys can post a new topic almosty with above personal info you guys have replied as “Meet the Crew”  :cc-detective:

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »
AR, my initials. :Disgusted:

Do you think you really deserve a slot within the Stunt Crew Network? Other crews had to work their butts off and you just get it after your recent renewal & video.
I honestly don't think so and already disliked how quickly DV got their's back then. To me it looks like you only got it to fill the SA gap since SSU & WH are out.

No hard feelings, just would like to hear some honest estimations. :P

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 04:10:26 PM »
To me it looks like you only got it to fill the SA gap since SSU & WH are out.
My answer is NO and I totaly agree with the thing I quoted from your text. But we'll try to keep SA as alive as possible as much time as we can. There's still TONS of spots out there waiting to be landed, so I hope we won't give you that feel after some time.

Offline Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 05:17:23 PM »
AR, my initials. :Disgusted:

Do you think you really deserve a slot within the Stunt Crew Network? Other crews had to work their butts off and you just get it after your recent renewal & video.
I honestly don't think so and already disliked how quickly DV got their's back then. To me it looks like you only got it to fill the SA gap since SSU & WH are out.

No hard feelings, just would like to hear some honest estimations. :P

Having our own section is easier to organize videos, sharing our spots and other stuff. Our members checking gtas more often than previous forum, which was almost dead. Skype didn't work so good for this kind of stuff aswell.

To your question. We don't deserve section after two videos indeed. As you mentioned other crews like SSU, DP, SS, KS and more worked harder to get this one. But filling the scene by adding new crew here isn't so bad but yeah, kind of sad that we don't have any 'opponents' / 'rivals' we took a part of network crews  easily. As Afterlife said we will try our best to improve in forthcoming videos and prove that giving section to us wasn't a mistake.  ;)

Offline Vicarious

• Brilson
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 05:49:16 PM »
Didn't realise there was going to be a Meet the Reapers post soon, sorry for kinda jumping the gun on that. Anyway thanks for all the replies. Wasn't expecting so many of you to respond with such detail so quickly. I thoroughly enjoyed reading them  :)

So are you guys the only currently active SA crew then?

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »
@Vic: I guess so even though WH is still down there.. :ninja:

Offline Vicarious

• Brilson
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2015, 06:22:38 PM »
Oh I thought they had released their 'final' video.

I'm still so confused about which crews are still active and which ones stunt which engines after being away for so long  :wacko:

Offline waNEr

• ok
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2015, 08:44:36 PM »
Oh I thought they had released their 'final' video.

I'm still so confused about which crews are still active and which ones stunt which engines after being away for so long  :wacko:

They kinda did, but it seems like they enjoy playing with our feelings.

Btw: Who the fuck is this guy?  :Disgusted:

Offline Sajtos

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2015, 12:57:16 AM »
dirtybird, you still got your subaru?  :mellow:

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2015, 02:34:27 AM »
They kinda did, but it seems like they enjoy playing with our feelings.

Btw: Who the fuck is this guy?  :Disgusted:

Sorry for playing with your feelings, we really didn't mean to do!  :lol:

And althought I'm not a Reaper I felt obligated to answer your question: it's Simon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal