Author Topic: VC-specific recording problem  (Read 6186 times)

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
VC-specific recording problem
« on: September 24, 2014, 07:42:48 AM »
Dunno if I've posted this problem before, but it's annoying the living hell out of me.

Thing is a few months ago I was unable to record in LC and SAiVC at 30 fps because it would start to lag way too much, and drop down to about 15 to 20 fps depending on my Catalyst Control Center settings.
Now a few weeks ago I noticed the same starting to happen in VC, and I'm all out of ideas.

What I've tried is defragging the boot drive and the drive I record to, running a disk cleanup and removing everything it suggested, as well as try and close every program I don't need while recording but all to no avail.

I can't remember anything else I've tried because I've been stuck with this or so long, and I absolutely refuse to record at anything below 30 (by the way, only 15 and below seems to work) because recording things in San Andreas seems to go perfectly fine, so there should be a real solution to this.
Also with changes to my HDDs not making any differences I'm starting to wonder if it's my GPU (HD 6950 2GB), but I wouldn't know how to fix anything with that if I wanna avoid OCing anything.
Help me out guys, recording is a huge pain in the ass like this and the speed-tapping looks fucking horrific if I do it this way.

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: VC-specific recording problem
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »
Im not sure but IceD got the same problem sometime ago, pm him or ask me in skype and i sent for you his contact :)

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:56:25 AM »
So VC is just running fine and as soon as you start a recording, the FPS drop down and sort of "lock" themselves? If yes, then I possibly had the same problem a few years back.

What I did was getting another version of Fraps and disabled all types of AA (globally + for gta_vc.exe especially) in the GPU driver. That did the trick for me, so either was possibly causing it. The image quality was not relevant to me since I never edited a VC video.

Additional tip in case the disabled AA thing works:
VC looks even worse without AA, but you could maybe improve the edges with downsampling and AAE + JaggyBuster to an appropriate level for editing again.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:35:52 AM »
Im not sure but IceD got the same problem sometime ago, pm him or ask me in skype and i sent for you his contact :)
I'll try and ask him, thanks.

So VC is just running fine and as soon as you start a recording, the FPS drop down and sort of "lock" themselves? If yes, then I possibly had the same problem a few years back.

What I did was getting another version of Fraps and disabled all types of AA (globally + for gta_vc.exe especially) in the GPU driver. That did the trick for me, so either was possibly causing it. The image quality was not relevant to me since I never edited a VC video.

Additional tip in case the disabled AA thing works:
VC looks even worse without AA, but you could maybe improve the edges with downsampling and AAE + JaggyBuster to an appropriate level for editing again.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I quickly tried disabling AA but it only seemed to get the fps to an unstable 21-24 fps while recording.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 11:17:33 AM »
You could set Fraps to lock the FPS at 15 then speed it up x2 in playback speed in Vegas, crude but it works.

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:50:30 AM »
You could set Fraps to lock the FPS at 15 then speed it up x2 in playback speed in Vegas, crude but it works.
That's something that could make him perform a suicide schedule, he has already done that on Drawncansir 3 and it was killing him inside.

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »
That's something that could make him perform a suicide schedule, he has already done that on Drawncansir 3 and it was killing him inside.
:D

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 11:57:07 AM »
wait

try recording to a drive that isnt the boot drive/the one with windows etc on

that fixed it for me a while ago

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 12:04:29 PM »
wait

try recording to a drive that isnt the boot drive/the one with windows etc on

that fixed it for me a while ago
And he also tried that too, did you read the post m8

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »
i cant read m8 dont start shit or ill leak ur stunt

how old are your drives Mugetsu? the 6950 is a few years old now right so im assuming the drives are aswell, so the drives r/w speed might have slowed down causing lag.

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 01:34:53 PM »
i cant read m8 dont start shit or ill leak ur stunt

how old are your drives Mugetsu? the 6950 is a few years old now right so im assuming the drives are aswell, so the drives r/w speed might have slowed down causing lag.
Plus he had some GPU switches as well and neither worked.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 01:37:13 PM »
dont get cheeky m8 ill leak ur nudes

#gtasfappening2014

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 01:43:01 PM »
dont get cheeky m8 ill leak ur nudes

#gtasfappening2014
I'd like to know why you would have naked pictures of myself

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »
you sent them to me

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »
you sent them to me
I didn't ask you how you got them but why would you keep them. Anyway Mugetsu is gonna explode to fuck when he sees we got off topic

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal