Author Topic: Burying USS  (Read 7064 times)

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Burying USS
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2008, 10:57:27 PM »
Quote from: Emperatris
Hmm.. How bout joining USS.
I tried, but it never happened and I'm now glued to TMS

Was waiting for a decision from X to see whether I was in or not, was waiting more and more and more. Finally I said I needed to know, if I don't find out by a certain period, I withdraw my interest. I never heard back from X, so I withdrew interest.

Then I found out X was basically retiring and he thought he should not have a part in any crew decisions seeing as he isn't really active within the crew anymore, or GTAS for that matter, due to real life. I had already withdrew my interest so stuck by it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:57:47 PM by Kingjad »

Offline HeX

• View Profile
    • http://
Burying USS
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2008, 11:23:07 PM »
Quote from: Daffy
Go on a recruiting spree, after 2 good crew videos most of us would be familiar with the new USS.
You can't bring back something that's gone but when it is in fact gone you should use that chance to make something new and better out of it instead of trying to resurrect what once was.
Fighter is interested in joining you guys who has become a pretty sick stunter as of lately.
You have a new logo, a whole new image, get a couple of new guys with potential and you should be fine.
It won't be the USS we used to know but a USS that we would like to get to know.
Get off your ass and rebuild instead of making these depressing speeches.
I totally agree with Daffy here. What you need to do is see who is a descent stunter invite the on MSN have a chat with them get to now them then ask if they would like to join. SIMPLE!!!

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
Burying USS
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2008, 06:13:19 AM »
Have you guys even tried to get in touch with Xtramus? I mean really tried. All I've been hearing is that "it's his loss if he doesn't want to hang around". And ending the crew should be totally up to Xtramus, not the guys who have been in USS for only a couple of months.

And to reply to what Daffy posted...

It just wouldn't be USS if they would (well, they did) take in a lot of random people. They are only exploiting the name and the section. Without Xtramus being active or atleast picking the new members, it just isn't USS.

Offline HeX

• View Profile
    • http://
Burying USS
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2008, 06:17:28 AM »
Not random people but people they know or now have been around for a while and Know that are decent and arent currently in a crew.

Ocean

Burying USS
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2008, 06:17:58 AM »
Brulla, crews are going to change no matter what. Its either that, or they die out, which no one really likes.

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
Burying USS
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2008, 06:30:17 AM »
Quote from: Brulla
Have you guys even tried to get in touch with Xtramus? I mean really tried. All I've been hearing is that "it's his loss if he doesn't want to hang around". And ending the crew should be totally up to Xtramus, not the guys who have been in USS for only a couple of months.

And to reply to what Daffy posted...

It just wouldn't be USS if they would (well, they did) take in a lot of random people. They are only exploiting the name and the section. Without Xtramus being active or atleast picking the new members, it just isn't USS.
And you have you just tried ? When I was in USS, I don't even remember the number of times I tried to speak to X over msn without even getting a Hi, the PMs are useless he doesn't respond, he put his activity status set to private now and he hasn't posted in the USS section for months as far as I know.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Burying USS
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2008, 06:35:50 AM »
Brulla: I tried like crazy to contact Xtramus, but face the facts - not only is he inactive, he's admitted this as well, he's said because of that he doesn't feel he should make any crew-related decisions anymore. But I'll repeat, one person does not make a crew. A crew cannot afford to survive if it is only dependant on 1 person.

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
Burying USS
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2008, 06:36:01 AM »
Quote from: HeX
Not random people but people they know or now have been around for a while and Know that are decent and arent currently in a crew.

Exactly my point. People who the new members know and choose.

Quote from: Ocean
Brulla, crews are going to change no matter what. Its either that, or they die out, which no one really likes.

Of course they are. But they aren't the crews they first were when 90% of the original(ish) members are gone. In this case, seems like only CJD is the last original-ish USS member left. And we all know he ain't that active either.

New people should just start their own crews and create their own traditions. It's just wrong to "hijack" an older, famous crew like this.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:37:07 AM by Brulla »

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Burying USS
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2008, 12:56:39 PM »
Why not just make a fresh new crew. Everything would be nice and fresh, and you would have alot of things just established because of that......seems sad to see USS just being tagged onto to something completely different. I mean i'm sure the benefits of already having a crew section is nice and all, but what are other reasons, GOOD reasons for continuing under this tag?

gl in whatever happens.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:58:25 PM by Samurai »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal