Author Topic: Is there justice in this forum?  (Read 8694 times)

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is there justice in this forum?
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2023, 11:28:05 AM »
If you want justice, simply disable powersave.   :wub:
You saw powersave used in 1 stunt where you can see the reload happen during the run-up and now we need to remove it because 'justice'? You cannot be serious. Might as well remove Dannye's at that point and drive back to our starting point  :lol:

It doesn't bother me, no offence. It is still bent physics to suit your purposes. For instance, some individuals performed barrack bumps using this tool for years without official publication ;p

So if people consider powersave to be OK, I fail to see the need to restrict VM. But it's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 11:38:39 AM by Mati »

Offline MV

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2023, 11:35:21 AM »
Powersave and Prog's Barracks script are two different tools - both of which are publicly available to the entire community now

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2023, 11:42:37 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sJ_UDzSrTc

After talking with a larger group, the ppl considered the technique as cheat.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2023, 01:57:41 PM »

But that is not Powersave, you're confusing tools. If you're doing a packerbump for example the packer, at least in VC, will move forward a tiny bit with each attempt. After a bunch of tries you will have to get in the packer and load your second save location to put it back in the correct place. Powersave is literally just being able to let the packer load the secondary position without having to get in the packer. It's no different than using a teleporter with your bike to get back to the start of the run-up. There is no 'bending the physics', it's just reloading a location to waste less time when trying stunts. What you're showing in that video is modding, sure, but that has nothing to do with what you're saying which is:

If you want justice, simply disable powersave.   :wub:

That does not make any sense.

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2023, 02:08:53 PM »
vm is best for everything, no need powersave, no need dannye.scm for telerporting, just reload savestate for the win

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2023, 02:18:40 PM »

But that is not Powersave, you're confusing tools. If you're doing a packerbump for example the packer, at least in VC, will move forward a tiny bit with each attempt. After a bunch of tries you will have to get in the packer and load your second save location to put it back in the correct place. Powersave is literally just being able to let the packer load the secondary position without having to get in the packer. It's no different than using a teleporter with your bike to get back to the start of the run-up. There is no 'bending the physics', it's just reloading a location to waste less time when trying stunts. What you're showing in that video is modding, sure, but that has nothing to do with what you're saying which is:

As far as I'm aware, there are several stunts when the stunter is saving in the game's action. Quick example - opener of TEOTL or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN6rka-FnhU.
In order to set a certain vehicle for our bump, we have a probability of one in a million in regular gaming.
I'm talking about saving ped's stats, like a barracks or a police helicopter.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 02:23:13 PM by Mati »

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2023, 02:20:20 PM »
Powersave isn't even that useful. It doesn't work with stuck methods, it can look shit in replays, it's imprecise, etc etc. Save games I've found almost universally preferable. And both are functionally equivalent to just getting into the vehicle and reloading a secondary position/restucking. Saves themselves are a base part of the game and have been used since we started. Dannye's and teleporting generally has been used almost as long. If these methods are modding then I'd guess a huge portion of stunters have been modding for a long time. Sharing saves and such is very common.

Forcing vehicles around on paths so you can bump them is highly questionable imo. But not in anyway equivalent to powersave.

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2023, 02:25:06 PM »
one good thing about vm stunts, you can share your vm and savestate (without closing game) after landing stunt to prove that you didn't use mods, of course it possible to hide some tools, but not that easy
i mean it is possible to not use savestate during stunt, but only after landing stunt, just for proving that handling and the game folder is default
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 02:31:25 PM by AllBeast »

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2023, 02:33:51 PM »
one good thing about vm stunts, you can share your vm and savestate (without closing game) after landing stunt to prove that you didn't use mods, of course it possible to hide some tools, but not that easy
i mean it is possible to not use savestate during stunt, but only after landing stunt, just for proving that handling and the game folder is default

I used to wonder when Stunt System App will really be developed. But I'm terrible at programming - All I had to do was watch for the proper persona.

VM is a fantastic substitute for creating something similar. It's unquestionably not a negative thing that someone originally thought of it.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2023, 02:51:02 PM »

As far as I'm aware, there are several stunts when the stunter is saving in the game's action. Quick example - opener of TEOTL or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN6rka-FnhU.
In order to set a certain vehicle for our bump, we have a probability of one in a million in regular gaming.
Again, not powersave. Can you read? The examples you give are not powersave.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 03:42:18 AM by Rainbow »

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2023, 03:06:21 PM »
Opener of EOTL was purely powersave - the car was spawned on the edge of the cliff and started rolling down slowly by itself. There was no pre-scripted path the car was always going to follow. This is something you can definitely set up without  powersave - just place the car near the edge and use a satchel to slightly propell it forward (i.e. jeff's first part pre-finisher of the same video, just place the explosive a little further from the vehicle to not make it explode). I thought I made it clear in the video's topic...  :hmm:

The other clip you posted is however the Maverick-Pop script from Prog which allows you to respawn a flying Maverick that will follow you around (sort of how the police helis behave with a wanted level=3), it indeed falls a little more towards the shady side of the spectrum - whether it should be allowed to use and considered as unmodded. I abused the respawn of it there to get the right position of the heli before the grab (it is something you could try to do with the default police helis, but yeah each attempt will be very time consuming).

When it comes to a NPC driving a certain straight-line with predefined speed and vehicle, it is the most questionable of all of the above in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 03:43:54 PM by PrzemOO »

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2023, 10:52:57 PM »
If powersave is modding, then Burn, biel and alot more Top stunters are modders.
Burn uses barracks script aswell ( which I dont see a problem in)
Afaik, as long as u can do something without a tool using a tool should br fine.
No offense but I just find it straight up stupid that u call powersave modding. Barracks script, OK i somewhat understand u but powersave is litteraly so u dont have to leave ur bike or car to replace the secondary vehicle

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2023, 04:19:03 AM »
looks like you all modders and only I clean stunter
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 04:41:13 AM by AllBeast »

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2023, 07:55:35 AM »
This topic proves without a shadow of a doubt that all beast has autism

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2023, 08:42:30 AM »
This topic proves without a shadow of a doubt that all beast has autism
how many chromosomes do you need to have to write my nickname correctly? I think with the right punch to your face, I can give you back your missing chromosomes

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal