Author Topic: balsam - Stubborn Forever  (Read 1641 times)

Offline balsam

• Focus on today
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
balsam - Stubborn Forever
« on: March 16, 2024, 01:30:17 AM »
Hello. How are you all doing? Always stay healthy.

It's the follow-up to Stubborn. This video is mostly edited for my own taste. I was heavily involved in most of the elements: angles, effects, colors, song, etc. Thanks Legend for being so helpful and patient.

This won't be my last video. But this is my actual retirement video. I've already stopped doing stunts and am waiting for the projects I participated in to be completed. I've scoured the entire map and found all the spots I want to try, and I landed almost all of them. Now, even if I want to do something more, there's not much left. Even though I couldn't land all my spots, I'm happy with the results and happy to graduate from my favorite playground.

If I've ever hurt anyone's feelings, I sincerely apologize for all of that. And I'd like to thank everyone who's been with me along the way. Thank you Legend for the amazing editing. Thanks also to the people who helped Legend. Special thanks to Odd, Daksad, MtS and Jeff who are still my best friends from my teenage years.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Stunting:

balsam

Editing:

Legend

balsam - Stubborn Forever

DL link : https://mega.nz/file/usB0jJJS#lF_mOJX-CAqc_7ThFCm8DioKTtokNHK9Y5VJQYeB84Y
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 07:23:58 PM by balsam »

Offline Kruth

• EVERYONE M0DZZZ
    • View Profile
Re: balsam - Stubborn Forever
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 01:43:55 AM »
BIG BALLSAM BOSS

Offline LeoDeNonysaints

• It's me man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 06:36:29 AM »
0:35 ; 2:05 ; 2:31 ; 2:59 ; 4:05 were super super cool ! And what a finisher ! I've always loved that fun method and this stunt genuinely left me speechless :o

Editing was super neat, Legend did a great job highlighting those car stunts, as always. The colors and angles were lovely. Gotta love the car grinds, really cool to see cars being used in a completely different way than the usual

Congratulations, both of you !  ;D

Offline MadX

• I suck at stunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 08:03:27 AM »
Wow what a video. The stunts were so clean, it's refreshing to see that many vehicles being used in different ways, you did an amazing job.

The editing was also very good, the camera work and transitions were so smooth and the music works really well with this stunting style.

Good job you two!

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 08:54:47 AM »
Definitely your best video, happy you can end on a good note.

There was a lot of variety even though there's no bike stunt, and the executions are always clean.

잘했음

Offline KompoT

• All truly strong people are kind.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 09:34:34 AM »

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 12:29:16 PM »
Clean stunting through and through, very satisfying to watch. Car grinds are probably more dependent on execution than any other type of stunts and it's clear you've gone above and beyond to land these smoothly and not allow for any clumsiness to sneak in so props for that. My favorite was the second stunt, that couldn't have been done better. Some really good use of the dusty farming method too with the finisher of course being the higlight, that was just crazy.
Editing was really nice and did the stunts justice with some nice shots and subtle transitions, glad you found a suitable editor in the end. One thing I wasn't a fan of was the static skybox, it looked a little odd at times
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 12:30:50 PM by Gryzlek »

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 03:32:15 PM »
Nice!

Offline NEM

• Board Mods
  • wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2024, 12:50:18 AM »
This is some next level shit. Loved everything about the video. Pure perfection.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024, 06:08:32 AM »
Great video, I'm happy for you for releasing a final solo! Your style has always been unique and this video is not an exception. Not a single 'usual' stunt can be seen here, yet this is a remarkable video. As Gryzlek mentioned, these types of stunts really depend on neat execution and you managed to land all of them spotless. Also, it was good to see the old farming method in use, the finisher is probably one of the best stunts ever landed with this.
Legend did justice to the stunts with this editing, it was calm yet captivating. All in all a very entertaining production, good job guys!

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2024, 06:26:30 AM »
Your farewell video couldn't be better. I'm really glad you made this comeback on the last couple of years. I think you reached your peak on this video. Stunts were really well thought and the executions were on point. You definitely left a mark on this community with your unique style and i'm happy to be able to see more of you in 2024. You've come a long way and deserve all the praise. Good job mate.

Editing was amazing as always. Good job Legend.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 06:29:09 AM by Plani »

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2024, 10:27:51 AM »
I think this pushed car grinds to a level I've not really seen before. My favs were probably that double at the LV airport, the nice floated air to wallride at SF bridge, and naturally the finisher.

The nice mellow edit was cool as well. Nice work :)

Offline disciplo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2024, 10:47:30 AM »
I'm happy you managed to land all the spots you've had for this video, the dedication is felt through the screen. Like others have said before, the executions are flawless and it's obvious you've put alot of effort into this, can't imagine a better way to close this chapter of yours.
My personal favourites are the infernus double grind at 0:28, the cabbie grinds (wasn't expecting a full grind at 3:24 wth  :ninja:), the monster bb grind and of course, the finisher.

The editing was great aswell, very fitting camera angles, nothing felt out of place and it did the stunts justice.

Great job  :D

Offline balsam

• Focus on today
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2024, 07:44:44 PM »
Added dl link. It's available for about a month only.

Thank you guys for the live reaction(and the upcoming ones too), all the comments and kind words. I'm happy :P

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2024, 07:22:53 AM »
Seeing the first tractor stunt, I predicted that you will land something amazing with same method. Did not disappoint!

Car grinds were really smooth. :euro:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal