Author Topic: Blast From The Past - A Look Back At KaynT  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
Blast From The Past - A Look Back At KaynT
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:14:56 PM »
KaynT

KaynT is a French born stunter who broke into the gtastunting scene in 2005 and has been an influential part of stunting ever since . some of her first Videos include:

[SA]The Mirage
Stunters :
-KaynT
-N!cky

[SA]Insomnia
Stunters :
-KaynT
-N!cky
-Sweet
-Turtle Dick

Her first Solo titled "Got The Time" - link Got The Time (San Andreas)
 was released in 2005 and was a smashing success. She has always balanced creativity with skill to create unique and difficult stunts in the San Andreas engine.

in 2005 she became a part of a crew called Further Beyond, or French Bikers. in which she was prolific with releasing many videos with the crew. some of which include:

[SA][FB]First SA Stunt Video -
[SA][FB]Duality -
[SA][FB]Hypertension -

[SA][FB]Otherside -
[SA][FB]Hypertension - Remake -
[SA][FB]WipeOut -
[SA][FB]Unleashed -
[SA][FB]Back & Heavy -
[SA][FB]French Touch -
[SA][FB]French Touch Remake -

[SA][FB]Offensive

FB had a long standing career that ended on October 05 2008, it was a devastating blow to SA stunting as they were one of the more active and well liked crews of the time. Many forums members wanted to revive the crew with new members, but many people believed it wouldn't be FB without the original members.

Some comments from the topic

Turtle Dick - "Damn. Thanks to FB and it's past & present members for their great videos over these past few years.
FB will be remembered "

Macsta - "Damn guys, R.I.P FB. Best of luck in the future guys."

Darkyy - "....And seeing FB go is even worst, it was for me the best SA crew ....."

Turtle Boy - "...Really though it is a shame that FB is going under, I know it wouldn't feel right to "rebuild"  FB but man, are there ANY original members we can build off of?"

Adonai - "Sorry to hear this, but I already knew that it would happen. That vid "Tears" was like a last breath. Rest In Peace FB."

KaynT moved over to WH and continued to release videos within the crew, occasionally throwing a stunt in new SA videos by the crew. She moved to WH due to FB becoming less and less active over the months, losing members from time to time. her departure did not mark the downfall of FB, but it certainly was a big blow to the crew.
Controversy sparks around her do to her gender, as there are very few female stunters on the scene. I will not go into any debates in the topic regarding such controversy. This topic is to remember KaynT as a stunter, and celebrate her older video's

FB released their last video on November 17 2008 titled "Tears" which is certainly what almost all of us had when we learned they were going under.

Tears

Finallight posted this for the video description

"There's too much that I keep to myself and I turn my back on my faith. It's like glass when we break. I wish no one in my place and I've seen you don't need their seeds when their dirt goes in deep and I'm lost in sleep. I can't stay in this place, I can't stand when the room turns round on my fate. You give no guarantees. There's no promise I can keep. I can't stand, I can't see my way, I feel blind on my feet. I can't stay too long, am I wrong? Goodbye, lay the blame on luck. Goodbye, lay the blame on luck. Goodbye, lay the blame on luck. Goodbye, lay the blame on luck. I'm so tired of my mood and sleep comes with a knife, fork and a spoon. You're so pale in your face you let life get in your way and I've seen you don't need their seeds When their dirt goes in deep and I'm lost in sleep, am I wrong? Goodbye, lay the blame on luck. Goodbye, lay the blame on luck. Goodbye, lay the blame on luck. Goodbye, lay the blame on luck."

KaynT most recent solo was a best of known as "KaynT - Unreal Story" which in my opinion, is one of the best SA videos of all time, from editing, to music, to stunting it was flawless and really encompassed her as a stunter.

Link to Topic for Unreal Story

http://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=39135.msg794729#msg794729

Kaynt currently lives in France and is engaged to her boyfriend with plans to get married when she is a little older, after she is done with school. She still stunts from time to time in SA and tries to get stunts whenever she has the time. I think its fair to say we all look forward to future stunts by KaynT.  Check her stuntvideo database for more videos as well as the Hall of Fame FB section. And stay tuned to future WH releases.

A Word From KaynT

"My active stunting period was full of awesome moments like crew vids releases, loooong conversations between my stunters friends telling our happiness when a stunt was landed, I didn't forget about stunting even if I'm not active anymore and I'm glad you still think about me, I wanted to say thank you to the community for everything! I know stunting has changed and I have to admit that I don't feel part of the community anymore, but I still can make a comeback one day to remember the old days.."

Offline ExPlosion

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Blast From The Past - A Look Back At KaynT
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »
Unexpected but pleasant review  :).
Looking back on it, even thought there were a lot of bullshits about Kaynt's gender or Kaynt modding ( and to be honest he/she modded a few stunts in my opinion) etc..., I'm really proud that I could be a founder of a crew like FB along with Kaynt, Nuc, Corey and the others. Honestly, I would've never thought FB would go that far and I really want to pay tribute to Kaynt for always keeping the crew alive, (s)he did a wonderful job. It's really a shame it died  :(.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »
I laughed at the fact you addressed him with her and she all the time. Good idea for a BFTP post though and very well put up. You sure took your time to investigate this whole situation.

May I ask why you chose KaynT though?

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:43:37 PM »
I just thought it would be nice to look back at a stunter who all we all knew, but maybe dident realize their influence on the stunting scene. I feel KaynT has always been a really nice person and part of the forums as well as a great stunter, worthy of remembering.

Offline Odd

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 02:02:44 PM »
I started stunting when i saw for the first time French touch. FB inspired me, and i'm still impressed by these videos. Anyway, epic biography  :P

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 02:18:23 PM »
I think you missed something, since the way I remember Kaynt is as a notorious modder...

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 02:18:54 PM »
a stunter who all we all knew, but maybe dident realize their influence on the stunting scene
Good point, your post has opened my eyes about him/her a lot more. More of this please!  :jajaja:

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 02:33:18 PM »
Unreal Story was a huge inspiration for me in the beggining (Still is)

Offline NeoAngelo

• come back for kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 02:35:52 PM »
when they started it was at the height of their fame, for me and much stunter have inspired them. as I said at the time were the mainstay of the stunt unbreakable will always present in the memory of all stunter

Respect !  :wub:

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »
what an epic biography!

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 07:08:10 PM »
a stunter who all we all knew, but maybe dident realize their influence on the stunting scene
Good point, your post has opened my eyes about him/her a lot more. More of this please!  :jajaja:

Yea? Okay she modded, admitted to modding, then stopped. the end like 70% of SA stunters.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »
I think you meant to quote Xtramus there..?  :unsure:

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 01:45:21 AM »
That was... un-expected.

It still remember the good laugh we had all together back in the FB days, and how Kaynt worked his ass off to get the crew to an higher level (he improved his editing skills in no time). Even if I've always wanted FB to be big I never expected it to be that big.
I do remember when Corey explo and I left because he announced his retirement and we got scared by incactivity or something like that. Might be foolish looking back at it.

As a person Kaynt as always been an enigma lol. I still thinking the guy invented himself a little brother to have one more stunter in FB when everybody left, so he basically stunted for two. And for me the guy is a he.

Nice work TB.

EDIT : Got the time is far from being his frist solo if I remember well, but it's probably the first really well done.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:48:27 AM by NuclearDeath »

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 08:41:54 AM »
yeah, dude, you're just covering up the whole modding thing pretty hard there. Even if Kaynt did mod or didn't mod, you should still have mentioned it since it WAS a pretty big deal.

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 08:43:20 AM »
Yea my bad Genyus. :P

I showed the topic to KaynT who said"its perfect" so I assume she considers Got The Time her first good solo or w/e.  honestly i just kinda winged this thing. But im glad you all enjoy it :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal