Author Topic: London 2012  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
London 2012
« on: July 28, 2012, 06:52:57 PM »
All-round topic, have fun ;)

Actually im really planning to go to a football match, i would do almost anything for it, to get to see the semifinals and watch a - probably - Brazil match, seeing them play in Old Trafford, daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
Probably this is my first and last chance to go to the olympics, and i would fuckin take an advantage of it since im in the UK now. God, make it happen, please!

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: London 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »
I wish I could go to watch the basketball games, btw is there anyone here following these games? and which team do you cheer :p

I'm looking foward to see Argentinia vs Lithuania today!!! 2 hours left to go, I love to see playing Scola, Ginobili and Leiva, they are fucking awesome lol.

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »
I'm keeping up with a few events, mostly waterpolo (Serbia pwned Hungary today, that was nice), swimming, sharpshooting, football and tennis.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:48:58 PM by PtRvY »

Offline TrYp

• Veteran Member
  • X
    • View Profile
    • http://sampforum.hu
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
I'm keeping up with a few events, mostly waterpolo (Serbia pwned Hungary today, that was nice), swimming, sharpshooting, football and tennis.

Yeah we pretty much sucked, it was deserved. We need to kick Montenegro to get to the quarter(?) finals.

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 03:32:23 AM »
Squeak - I'd say go for it. It might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
I haven't had the opportunity to check any event so far, other than the marvelous opening of the games. However I know that among our representatives the wate-polo and the handball team are favorites and they have great potential.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 05:06:29 AM »

Yeah we pretty much sucked, it was deserved. We need to kick Montenegro to get to the quarter(?) finals.
totally agreed, that match was a disappointment

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 05:27:00 AM »
USA team on basketball will win again this year are a dream team like old time with Michael Jordan LeBron James are more of hot this year too the Spain team are really great this year i see French hes play a good game but he lost much occasion :(

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »
Hey skilz, have you seen Argentina vs lithuania yesterday (july 29)?

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 07:31:38 PM »
How does that work if you wanted to see an event? Pay at the door?

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »
Hey skilz, have you seen Argentina vs lithuania yesterday (july 29)?

No i don't see that i will watch the highlight tomorrow

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
We just crushed Serbia at handball. Go for gold Croaita!

Offline Koray

• What should I write here lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »
Turkey fails at all. They were doing very well at training but something goes wrong now :)

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 09:35:54 AM »
What do you guys think, does 75€ worth a semifinal (a probably Brazil-UK match) in Old Trafford to B seats (from A,B,C,D available)?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:52:50 AM by Squeak »

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »
I'm watching it everytime I'm at home, really liking it.

Some of the athletes from Brazil were really unkown to me, especially the two that got gold medals (the Judo fighter that won on the first day and the gymnast that won earlied today). Too bad the media here gives 99% of their focus on football and only show stuff the other sports when it's a big competition like these. Same for governmental investiments. :(

I think Brazil it going to win the male football competition, now that UK got eliminated I see no big opponent for them. Male volleyball will be harder but I think they also got chances. I am surprisingly enjoying watching the basketball matches, the US team is clearly the favorite (come on, 156 points in one match? I don't understand much but that seems a lot to me :P), but Brazil has some good players too, good enough to get a place in the podium :D
I only expected more on the swimming, Cielo was the best one in his category and 'only' got a Bronze medal. Tiago Pereira got that surprisingly silver on the first day, I thought he was going to get another one but he end up in 4th, but that's good when you're competing against the very best ones in the world :)

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 08:56:40 AM »
Hey Caio, Argentina is facing you too on men's Basketball :p and also good job winning the gold medal on artistic gymnastics, Argentina could've took the silver one but when he was about to get off the rings he did a wrong step and fall, and that means one point less of the overall score. But I'm personally glad that Brazil took the gold one just because of the fact that the medal will be in Latin America :p

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal