Author Topic: Criticism for Judges  (Read 7328 times)

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Criticism for Judges
« on: June 27, 2011, 08:08:59 AM »
Keep it friendly & fair. That's all!

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Criticism for Judges
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
Good job, you just took it a step too far. I'm gonna take my time and criticize considering you are a judge. Seriously, stop being so overprotective, your behavior achieved you the exact opposite. Instead of making this league fun and fair as you want it you are making it annoying as **** by complaining everywhere. I got some news, things don't always go the way you want it. All the previous SASLs had unfair or random votes but only minor complaints followed, because everyone simply has different tastes and opinions. You are the first one to make such a huge fuss out of it and that just totally kills the fun aspect in every way.

Offline FELIX

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »
Good job, you just took it a step too far. I'm gonna take my time and criticize considering you are a judge. Seriously, stop being so overprotective, your behavior achieved you the exact opposite. Instead of making this league fun and fair as you want it you are making it annoying as **** by complaining everywhere. I got some news, things don't always go the way you want it. All the previous SASLs had unfair or random votes but only minor complaints followed, because everyone simply has different tastes and opinions. You are the first one to make such a huge fuss out of it and that just totally kills the fun aspect in every way.

Please point out where I was overprotective with quotes cause I can't follow you at the moment.

Also by private messages that I got I can say I am not as bad as you call me. I qill quote one for you:

"It's really good to see that there are good judges at this sasl. Not saying I should have won but you were the only judge at my match that actually had a good thinking."

Don't want to look cocky again / get all flame on me. It's just that you always come up with weird things that I don't fully understand. And please don't start a flame war.

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »
What I mean is that you are striving for something good, but you totally missed the point doing it and got blind during the process. Of course there has been some nonsense, even I have seen some shit where I thought "What the fuck are these judges thinking?!". But the whole point of having 7 judges is to have as much different opinions as possible.

When I say overprotective, I mean that you are trying to protect the harmony and fun and fairness in this league, but by doing so you've only became annoying by responding or facepalming every judge you don't agree with. If every member here did that then we probably would have 10 facepalms on each decision per judge.

My point is that with these things there will always be moments people disagree, theres even moments people lose SASLs because of stupid judging (the example I gave you of MMM losing a SASL while he was obviously the better one). It just comes natural with these kind of things, and you can try and white-knight as much as you can, and make it real boring for everyone, or you can just accept it and move on, because in the end it's all just a game and it's all just for fun.

Basically what I'm trying to say is (in a non offense way):

Also by private messages that I got I can say I am not as bad as you call me. I qill quote one for you:

"It's really good to see that there are good judges at this sasl. Not saying I should have won but you were the only judge at my match that actually had a good thinking."
As for this point, I never said you were a bad judge. Like I said, every judge is different and for that matter every member on this forum has a different opinion. So you receiving one PM which shows someone is happy just shows how subjective this whole thing is. I bet there's 10 people who could send the same PM and 10 people who could send the exact opposite.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:22:09 PM by Genyus »

Offline FELIX

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 12:35:53 PM »
So in short version you want me to hide my true opinions about others?

Not going to happen. Thanks for letting me know how you think tho.

You probably don't even know the reason why I made this topic. It was about Rusch saying participants were afraid to say what they think about a few judges so I made this topic to let them know that we care about what they think. I did not open this topic so me (myself) can start giving critics about the other judges. And I never facepalmed or complained about judges. I just said that I disagree and in one case I pointed out that both stunts are old because almost all judges said one is new and they said that it really made them vote for the "fake new" stunt. And would you like to lose vs an old stunt that people claim to be new basing their judging on it? no!

kk

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »

This, that was exatly what I was saying to petar the other day, you vote to much for a back-up judge. You give your opinion but some regular judge could have another one that change the game. So it's unfair to the other competitor who didn't had "the luck" to get your vote on their match.

I think at each match, the same judges should vote, it's at the very end of the process that the back-up judge would come out.

Just my two cents here.

Offline FELIX

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 01:11:41 PM »

This, that was exatly what I was saying to petar the other day, you vote to much for a back-up judge. You give your opinion but some regular judge could have another one that change the game. So it's unfair to the other competitor who didn't had "the luck" to get your vote on their match.

I think at each match, the same judges should vote, it's at the very end of the process that the back-up judge would come out.

Just my two cents here.

That's why there is a 24h rule. people have been complaining about lazy judges not responding and Petar asks me almost everyday to vote so I do. Also in the time when Petar is in holidays he offered me to lead the tournament and become a main judge because... as you pointed out: I vote alot and instead of thanking me for keeping it running you only see a negative point in it.

Without a strong back of other judges behind me I don't want to lead this tournament or be a judge any longer.

Thanks for offering it tho Petar. GTAS is going down!  :ajaja:

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Board Mods
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 01:16:51 PM »
bla bla closed

Offline disciplo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »
I just said that I disagree and in one case I pointed out that both stunts are old because almost all judges said one is new and they said that it really made them vote for the "fake new" stunt. And would you like to lose vs an old stunt that people claim to be new basing their judging on it? no!

ye that's what happened to me... Seriously put yourself in my position... On my match vs Genyus, we both had old stunts, someone posted in our match topic that mine and Genyus stunts were old, and what do I see after that? Judges voting for Genyus because he had a "new" stunt. I mean, really? And cloudwalker also posted after that Genyus stunt was old, and ANOTHER judge votes again for Genyus because of a new stunt... That really disapointed me.

Offline FELIX

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »
bla bla closed

Go lock some other topics. opened. This topic isn't only for me. Other's still have the option to post. If you have any problems with me ---> send it as PM. Thanks!

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 01:38:01 PM »

Are people supposed to reply to this? Closed, YOU can continue your conversation with genyus via pm  :lol:

Drama queen of 2011.

Offline FELIX

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 01:52:21 PM »

Are people supposed to reply to this? Closed, YOU can continue your conversation with genyus via pm  :lol:

Drama queen of 2011.

Just as with SS you are really going for it. Re-opened. Disciplo used it to express his opinion already. Others can do the same. I told you to send me a PM if you have a problem with me but you ignored it and replied to this topic and even closed it. Uncool. Oh btw I don't care what you say about me! :lol:

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
7 judges are too much actually imo. The other leagues had 'just' 5 and that worked actually better as there wasn't such a long ass judging process and those guys were at least all rather trust worthy. Sorry to say and that's nothing personal, but I don't see Simon, Raining & cloudwalker as matching guys for that job. The first two I named simply just rather belong to VC imo and the third guy should stop acting up as ND said. The previous league, SASL3, even had just 3 judges left in the final and it worked out though.

I'm going to say this once again - I know you guys try to come up with new challenge ideas, but you shall keep them a tad more simple and clear. My latest as example was described somewhat inconvenient. You just could've said 'Best car precision.' and that's it lol. Also be totally specific when it comes to usage of something, just wanna remind you of MtS' match...

/Topic - feed the cloudwalker. That is what I mean with acting up...

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 02:02:16 PM »
Ok. This is now an official thread for whining publically. Enjoy it I guess, if it's such a big deal for you, but it creeps me out personally.

And stop saying to everyone they have a problem with you, will ya? Not everything revolves around you.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:12:34 PM by MeetMyMeat »

Offline FELIX

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 02:29:46 PM »
Ok. This is now an official thread for whining publically. Enjoy it I guess, if it's such a big deal for you, but it creeps me out personally.

And stop saying to everyone they have a problem with you, will ya? Not everything revolves around you.

Yep.

7 judges are too much actually imo. The other leagues had 'just' 5 and that worked actually better as there wasn't such a long ass judging process and those guys were at least all rather trust worthy. Sorry to say and that's nothing personal, but I don't see Simon, Raining & cloudwalker as matching guys for that job. The first two I named simply just rather belong to VC imo and the third guy should stop acting up as ND said. The previous league, SASL3, even had just 3 judges left in the final and it worked out though.

I'm going to say this once again - I know you guys try to come up with new challenge ideas, but you shall keep them a tad more simple and clear. My latest as example was described somewhat inconvenient. You just could've said 'Best car precision.' and that's it lol. Also be totally specific when it comes to usage of something, just wanna remind you of MtS' match...

/Topic - feed the cloudwalker. That is what I mean with acting up...

Finally. I knew you weren't too satisfied with me being a judge and I know it's kinda akward getting judged by someone who doesn't even come close to the stunting level youself have. BUT to the ND part. Petar organized this. And he asked me almost everyday to post my judging because others weren't online. Should I say: "No Petar, we wait for Turtle Dick he will be online in 5 days."??? No offence TD it was just your name taken.

And if you think this is acting up... well... I am trying to help... but I seem to step on others people feet all the time and it's kinda hard to keep on being motivated when all you earn is flaming.

I can only hope you are atleast trying to understand me. If not then I am sorry.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal