Author Topic: [XBox 360] Two Red Rings of Death  (Read 985 times)

Offline Wanted

• View Profile
[XBox 360] Two Red Rings of Death
« on: February 16, 2008, 01:45:28 AM »
Well yeah, I got the two red rings of death, not the 3 rings - which I would rather have -_-
Fell off the table while being moved, cord got stuck on something and splat. I can turn it on, play Halo3 for about 5 minutes, then it turns off. When Xbox Live is on, turns off within 30 seconds.

What I want to know is, should I bother sending it to Microsoft to get it fixed, or seeing as it is a minor problem, (I can turn it on, It cant be that bad) should I just send it over to a local joint to get it fixed cheaper/quicker? (If anyone is willing to have a crack at it, that is)

:/

Offline Wanted

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:22:20 AM »
Obviously, this isnt important. But anyway, I got my 360 working, I put a fan next to it so it directly puts air into the side of the xbox, and it works like a charm, Just I dont want to always have to have it going. I want to open it up and replace the fan with a better one, but it voids waranty, so that will be my last resort.

Offline Spoofy

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 03:17:42 AM »
I'd send it to Microsoft anyway because you might end up with the new Falcon chip and a console that has an HDMI port back there. That ghetto cooling isn't gonna last you forever.

Offline ImPaKt

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »
Shadowsniper got 4 red lights a few weeks back, scared him shitless before me telling him to plug the video cable in properly

Offline UtterGarbage

• UG's Group
  • Veteran Member
  • Kickin It Old School
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »
i have had one of every red light/ but still when you see somthing turn red you know its not good. lucy for you my sire you had a mere overheat... acually major over heat. it wont be permanent now there are many home remedies for this. For example VERY LIGHTLY moist towel can be layed on a dry towel resting on the xbox. Or you can place a fan by it. disconnect all cables. take out the disc (search google to learn how to manually do it)then remove hard drive or memory units. move it away from a wall lay it FLAT ON ITS SIDE when you do these. and dont use it for the rest of the day. our xbox should be good as new tomorrow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal