Author Topic: Maiikool - Stunts in LA  (Read 2110 times)

Offline maiikool_

• View Profile
Maiikool - Stunts in LA
« on: October 13, 2022, 11:19:42 PM »
Has it been a while? Maybe, idk. I guess I tried to leave silently since no one will probably care if I made an announcement, yet I'm writing this post. I think Dark picked up on it from a reply comment he left a few months ago on my last V video, but also the comment I left on Swiftality 8 was kinda leaning towards leaving. However, I did promise myself to get out a V video (a somewhat proper one at least). It felt weird to have a IV video, but not on the main game I stunt on. I also kinda regret not making a lot of videos after 8 years of stunting in V, hence this being a 'last' video also seems weird. I fell off kek.

Anyway, hope you'll like this. The stunts might look mid to some people, and I don't even know myself if these are oldies now since the last time they were landed. It's kinda hard (for me at least) to get the SA/VC style working into V and finding similar type stunts, while making it look cool at the same time. Overtime (somewhere around the end of 2017 to 2018 onwards), I started watching more videos from the older games (coming from a V stunter POV) and came to appreciate their style of stunting that have a lot of bumps, wallrides, combos, roof jumps, gaps, grabs and other creative stuff. People that come into mind are BlackTear, Biel, Plani, Sorcery, Rainbow, Gaz, Nem, JL, Taz, Bart, Jeff, Przemoo, MMM, Shadowsniper (VaNilla) are some examples sorry if I didn't mention all. That was when I realized that stunting (in V at least) is not always about doing a long glide across the map to land something and I was able to understand why stunters from SA/VC didn't like it. I kinda wished I joined the forum earlier, but still glad I was able to get inspired by all the cool stuff I wouldn't come across if I only relied on YT and was able to refine how I approach stunts.

Excluding the camerawork, the edit probably looks basic asf my bad if there aren't any other cool effects/transitions. I really liked the vibe from THEFTman's V video and wanted to try the same here. I'll have a dl link to the video if the quality looks like shit on YT.

I guess I'll stunt again when VI drops?? Who knows. I'll also try to watch some of the videos I missed.

YouTube link (main video): https://youtu.be/VTcdC6mvn3w

Dl link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ktjys1tr2oyrsb6/Maiikool_-_Stunts_in_LA.mp4/file

Replays (raw clips): https://youtu.be/V-2gsg7tbMk

Wishing everyone the best moving forward.

Thanks a lot, guys! - I fixed your post and deleted the duplicate posts, the same shit happened when I posted my 'Wilderness' topic and it scared the shit out of me as I dashed to fix it before anyone could read it without the second half :lol: (the apostrophes you used don't work on GTAS, it doesn't like certain characters/symbols for some reason). Love from VaNilla :wub:.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 02:25:30 AM by VaNilla »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: Maiikool - Stunts in LA (idk why my post is acting up)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 02:11:28 AM »
Don't know what went wrong exactly and I don't know why you would want to remove the post because I watched the video you linked in it which was very enjoyable! :jajaja: Loved the spots you found, my favourite being the double grind where you grind it back again on that balcony. Edit was very relaxing and fits the stunts, nicely done!

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
Re: Maiikool - Stunts in LA
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 07:45:43 AM »
Whatever you decision, I hope the best for you.

Im gonna be honest my lack of motivation making the IV slow its progress, I may hope someday to have a good health and fire on my fading motivation to release it before the 2022 ends. Sorry for the delay my friend.

Again, I wish the best for you and take your time to enjoy something and hoping to see you on VI. Love you man!

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 09:44:50 AM »
Awesome man, I loved so many stunts here, especially the opener and the Cruiser fallgrab to double grind, and your editing was just fantastic. I liked how you did lots of multi bumps at medium speed too, seems like a good way to land interesting bump spots without doing silly-tier long glides.

Top 10 V video for sure, one of V's best solos! Thanks for the shoutout in your post too :wub:.

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 10:21:12 AM »
Didn't think I'd ever like a V video much, but yours was a really good watch. Your style is unique to say the least.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 04:41:21 AM »
This one hits different, thank you for the experience! Lovely stunts, great thinking on those combos, this video is the ultimate proof you don't need longass runups and neverending glides to impress. These 'small' stunts were just so well-thought and neatly-executed, I seriously enjoyed them. Keep it up dude!  :P

Offline maiikool_

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 10:49:47 PM »
Awesome man, I loved so many stunts here, especially the opener and the Cruiser fallgrab to double grind, and your editing was just fantastic. I liked how you did lots of multi bumps at medium speed too, seems like a good way to land interesting bump spots without doing silly-tier long glides.

Top 10 V video for sure, one of V's best solos! Thanks for the shoutout in your post too :wub:.

Thanks for the post fix! It was able to show everything when I checked the preview, but somehow it just bugged as soon as I clicked post. Good thing I went to doublecheck once it was up to see if it was still okay, but then I got so embarrassed when it happened, I was scrambling to find a delete post option, but I don't know if there is one on the site unless it's assigned for specific roles. I should probably just write shorter posts next time haha. Understandable that some things get bugged or don't work since this an old platform, a shame the little ice cream joke didn't make it through maybe because it's an emoji? Idk.  :hmm:

Thanks again and glad you're back, still here and well. Some of us got a little worried something happened. I probably wouldn't have come across your Wilderness post if Feym didn't dm me on discord about the mention. I look forward to seeing what you'll bring during your return, even if it might take a long time. It's important to make sure your health is prioritized over anything else, while also having fun and doing the stuff you enjoy.  :wub:

Offline maiikool_

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2022, 11:27:07 PM »
Whatever you decision, I hope the best for you.

Im gonna be honest my lack of motivation making the IV slow its progress, I may hope someday to have a good health and fire on my fading motivation to release it before the 2022 ends. Sorry for the delay my friend.

Again, I wish the best for you and take your time to enjoy something and hoping to see you on VI. Love you man!

It's okay man! It's important to prioritize the important things first, including our own health. I'm not fussed when the video will come, no pressure to you. I wanna make sure that you're happy with how it turns out even if it might take a long time.

Thanks again, and I do hope to stunt again someday, even when VI drops!  :wub:

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2022, 12:55:39 PM »
damn man, i've never enjoyed a V video as much as this in a long time, really great work!
gotta love the cinematic camera angles, these tech stunts shine so much thanks to them, crisp and clean

i hope to see you at least just passing by from time to time, and wish you the best :)

also, the appreciation for older engines was very nice, good to see you've gained a new perspective regarding stunting
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 12:59:29 PM by Ltab- »

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2022, 03:25:23 PM »
This is my favorite GTA V video, and you got it solely on the style of stunts. You used the GTA V map and engine in a way that I have never seen, lining up a lot of combos and precisions. As someone who enjoys combos and creative stuff in VC, this video was that on a whole new level!

Thanks for sharing this video with us, this is the first video that I see from you, and, from your words, you may not make a new one. But I sure hope you do.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal