Author Topic: GTAV PC: Stunting Changes  (Read 16081 times)

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
Re: GTAV PC: Stunting Changes
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 03:15:24 PM »
@Fighter: I know there's some good R9 290(X) cards too, such as The Sapphire ones. Just thought I'd share my experience with that certain Asus model, since it was included in that 1 rig that got posted somewhere above. To me it was a no-brainer at that bargain price, but I got disappointed. Maybe I was just unlucky with the silicon lottery or had a slightly faulty card. :P

@BIGpoppa: I'm not very familiar with the Nehalem CPUs, but I wouldn't worry about those 70°C too much.

@forest: If I was in your position, I'd just wait for a couple of benchmarks and then decide what to go with. According to the offical system requirements pretty much any recent mid tier build will have no problems running V maxed out at Full HD.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 03:44:22 PM »
well im lucky i guess :D some friend one my have also one but it makes alot of noise so yeah

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »

that moment when you realize servers are overloaded tho

Offline Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 04:40:01 PM »

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 05:46:17 PM »
@Fighter: I know there's some good R9 290(X) cards too, such as The Sapphire ones. Just thought I'd share my experience with that certain Asus model, since it was included in that 1 rig that got posted somewhere above. To me it was a no-brainer at that bargain price, but I got disappointed. Maybe I was just unlucky with the silicon lottery or had a slightly faulty card. :P

@BIGpoppa: I'm not very familiar with the Nehalem CPUs, but I wouldn't worry about those 70°C too much.

@forest: If I was in your position, I'd just wait for a couple of benchmarks and then decide what to go with. According to the offical system requirements pretty much any recent mid tier build will have no problems running V maxed out at Full HD.

thanks man. i won't be able to make any moves until at least this weekend, but i'm anxious to get something ordered.
can't wait to hear more gameplay results so i can make a decision.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 06:16:13 PM »
I didn't expect it to be this heavy. Updates will hopefully improve it. Mid level system will not be able to run it as good as I hoped.

GTX 970 @1470/7600 (350.12 driver)
i5 3570K @4,2
16 GB @1600
Max settings @ Full HD (except AA modes, TXAA enabled only)

= ~ 40 FPS average it seems, but it ranges from 30-60 FPS most of the times.

If you're wanting to max out everything, it surpasses the 4 GB VRAM mark, but that only happens if you're forcing all the AA modes up to the very maximum. 3,4 GB VRAM are used in my case. Highest CPU load I noticed was 98%.

EDIT: I just realized Afterburner was running the wrong profile, so the OC was not applied. With it enabled it runs a noticable tad better as it seems to have drops less often now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:28:39 AM by Rusch69 »

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
  • Foresttravesty has a poor taste in music.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 06:35:42 PM »

If you're wanting to max out everything, it surpasses the 4 GB VRAM mark, but that only happens if you're forcing all the AA modes up to the very maximum. 3,4 GB VRAM are used in my case.
I was worried about that, though I've read other reports, like people claiming high settings at 60fps on a 760.

Forrest, a 970 might be a bad choice for GTA by the sounds of it, go with an AMD card of similar rank, or the 980.

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 09:53:38 PM »
aside from draw distance, this doesn't look much better than xb1 to me... 
Grand Theft Auto 5 PC â–º 60 FPS Max Settings Ultra - GTX 980
i expected it to look nearly unrecognizable from consoles at those settings.
guess it's just going to come down to the editor.
i really wish they would just add it to console so i could save 1,500 bucks .

* now i heard you can only upload videos from the editor straight to youtube. is that intended?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:20:32 AM by foresttravesty »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 01:29:52 AM »
Youtube doesn't do the quality justice at all  :P Also you can export files to your computer from the editor, but I think it's a size limit on it, 1080p or sumthin.

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 09:07:47 AM »
honestly, i'm only changing so my stunt videos didn't look so shitty graphically and edit wise.
after witnessing this though, i'm very hesitant to make the move. the only place people watch montages is youtube, so if the quality doesn't do it justice...there doesn't seem to be a need for the change.
it honestly does not look any better than PS4 (just slightly better than xb1) and the 60 fps is noticeable, but not enough that i'm blown away.  i'm going to have to see some amazing things in that editor to solidify the need for a jump now.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
  • Foresttravesty has a poor taste in music.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 09:46:48 AM »
More thread Hijacking... but I was wondering if you can transfer your Xbox One/PS4 character if that character was already transferred from your Xbox 360/PS3? I assume no, but after the delay I feel like you certainly should be able too.

Forrest, the game will be more enjoyable on PC, trust me. But if you honestly only care about stunting, and the only reason you aim to spend $1500 on a gaming PC is to use the video editor.... you should still build a PC, because fuck it, you only live once.

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 11:04:32 AM »
yeah i most likely will any way. i just don't feel as rushed now.
i thought it was going to be RIP consoles as soon at PC hit, but i think consoles can still keep up with good editing.
i still need to see 1 good rockstar editor produced video. everything out is shit right now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:06:27 AM by foresttravesty »

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 12:48:36 PM »
That will probably take some time dude.. Until you learn to use it and the time you put in the project.

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 01:43:40 PM »
...i still need to see 1 good rockstar editor produced video. everything out is shit right now.
You'll see some in the future. I don't know how the editor works, but I'm sure players will mod it to be even better.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 07:34:46 PM »
Had a little look into the handling files since OpenIV 2.5 was released, confirmed all my findings regarding the PS4/XO versions from the heists topic (handling is exactly the same as PS4/XO). Found some more changes as well. I'll post these up when I've got the time.

UPDATE: The only difference I haven't been able to account for is the Sanchez. It's got exactly the same handling file as it does on X360/PS3, but it's clearly much faster on PS4/XO/PC. Perhaps one of the Sanchez vehicle modifications on X360/PS3 isn't applying correctly? I need to test whether or not the stock version of the Sanchez displays any differences between X360/PS3 and PS4/XO/PC.

UPDATE 2: Yup, my findings on PS4/XO were correct (professional testing skills ftw :jajaja:). However, I've discovered that the Burger Shot Stallion, Pißwasser Dominator, Redwood Gauntlet and Sprunk Buffalo are all faster than the original versions. I've also confirmed that the Cheval Marshall and the Vapid Liberator share exactly the same handling line, so there's really no reason to own the Liberator. More information coming when I'm ready to post it (and believe me, there's more :euro:). Not for a while though, I'm busy with something.

UPDATE 3: New update (17th April) didn't change handling files or physics.

UPDATE 4: New update (21st April) didn't change handling files or physics.

UPDATE 5: See first post for information on future updates.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:08:29 AM by VaNilla »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal