Author Topic: 1.17 Stunting Changes  (Read 3787 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
1.17 Stunting Changes
« on: October 02, 2014, 05:37:21 AM »
Stunting Changes list coming soon, update details can be found here :).

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52322/the-last-team-standing-update-for-gta-online-now-available
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203880163--10-2-14-GTAV-Title-Update-1-17-Notes

UPDATE 1: Tested physics and handling across all types of vehicles and stunting... everything is the same :D. Detailed notes on the new vehicles coming soon.

New Vehicles

Let's get this out of the away quickly. The new "Lampadati Furore GT" is a nice looking car, but it's not very useful for racing or stunting. The Elegy outperforms it in every category as a sports car, and compared with the Adder, it's nothing special when it comes to stunting with the slow motion ability either. The "LCC Innovation" is a cool new chopper bike, besting the Sovereign in terms of both top speed and acceleration (with slightly worse braking and traction). However, much like most of the chopper bikes, it can barely do a wheelie, and the Thrust blows it away in every category. Although the Innovation is now the second best chopper bike in the game, you're better off sticking to the Thrust for racing and stunting.

Now, the new "Shitzu Hakuchou" is a game changing motorbike. It has the highest top speed of all the bikes in the game, better acceleration than the Bati (worse than the Ruffian/Akuma), and a HUGE wheelie. The wheelie on this thing is massive, at least two times as high as the Ruffian! The Bati is half a second slower than the Hakuchou on the airport runup without a wheelie, and a quarter of a second slower with a wheelie. Not a huge difference, but the Hakuchou is definitely faster in a straight line (it's even faster than the Thrust by a quarter of a second while doing a wheelie).

That all sounds great, but what are the issues with the bike? Well, the game reports that the braking and traction values of the Hakuchou are the same as the Bati, but in my experience, the Hakuchou feels significantly harder to turn with (however, it seems to handle braking much better than the Bati). The heaviness of the bike makes it feel very difficult to steer, so although it may be faster than the Bati in a straight line, don't expect to be winning any races with it. It also feels very clunky when trying stunts with sharp turns, or complex combos.

The Hakuchou is better at grinding than the Ruffian, but it sucks compared to the Bati. The Hakuchou requires you to control grinds manually, whereas the Bati can automatically grind thin rails, in certain situations. Wallrides with this bike are absolutely terrible, attempting to wallride sideways with the Hakuchou is a no-no. It's nigh on impossible to wallride with this bike unless you're doing a vertical wallride, in which case it actually performs worse than the Bati, because it loses grip much more easily. Don't even bother trying to do a wallride with this bike, unless you can't hit a bump with the Bati or the Ruffian. Additionally, stoppie performance is about the same as the Bati and the Ruffian.

When it comes to gliding, the Hakuchou is probably the best super bike in the game (aside from the Double T, which has 200 mass). Despite weighing more than than the Bati (Bati = 230 mass, Hakuchou = 250 mass), the acceleration of this bike helps to carry it over massive distances when gliding. This makes the Hakuchou absolutely incredible for bumping and gliding... provided that you can actually hit a bump with it.

Bumping with the Hakuchou is a chore. Despite the huge wheelie, most of the bumps in this game are completely unsuitable for this bike. Why? In order to get the best possible bump in GTA V (at ground level), you need to hit an object with the tip of your front wheel, or the middle of your back wheel. Precisely because the Hakuchou has such a high wheelie, you hit most objects with the tail end of your bike, but not far back enough to bump with the back wheel. As a result, you will bail if you wheelie into most of the bumps in this game, or get a completely vertical bump with no distance. This happens because the front wheel gets way too high above the ledge you're trying to hit. This makes the Hakuchou practically unusable for 75% of bumping situations.

Despite these issues, the Hakuchou is actually capable bumping better than ANY other bike in the game... under highly situational circumstances :euro:. When it comes to ramping, this bike blows everything out of the water. The Hakuchou is untouchable on stair bumps, it's great at curb bumps (although not quite as good as the Thrust), and it bumps high ledges/objects extremely well.

Most importantly (in my opinion), is that the Hakuchou annihilates any bump which requires you to pull up in close proximity to the ledge/object. Why? It has the fastest speed in a straight line, and amazing wheelie potential. This means that if you need to wheelie into a bump really late (after a downhill/uphill section, after lots of turns, etc), the Hakuchou doesn't have any time to wheelie higher than the object you're trying to bump. As a result, it hits the object with the tip of the front wheel and sends you flying further than any other bike in the game. Under these circumstances, the Hakuchou is untouchable :a-cheer:.

Conclusion

• Don't bother using the Furore GT or the LCC Innovation for racing or stunting.
  • For racing, the Hakuchou is the "fastest" bike in the game in a straight line, but because it turns so heavily, the Bati is still the best choice for most types of racing tracks in GTA V. For stunting, it's a highly situational bike. It's the best bike in the game when you're trying VERY specific types of bumps, but generally speaking, the Bati blows it away. Unless you're trying a big air bump/ramp, don't even bother trying the Hakuchou. Even then, the Bati is still better in most scenarios. Just remember that it's always worth giving the Hakuchou a shot, even if it is a highly situational bike.

Sources

Mass Values - Se7ensins GTAV Backup Topic - Handling Files.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:37:29 PM by VaNilla »

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1.17 Stunting Changes
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 08:23:50 AM »
Don't miss anything SS or you might be fired. By the way, this update has confirmed the release of the Hydra fighter jet for November. I think I'll be making a second video on the PS4, if the map offers more workable material. Would you be interested in another 6 hour editing rush? Hahahaha...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:29:28 AM by Viper »

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
I haven't played GTA V in a good while, I'm glad I keep checking up on the forums though. I guess tonight is a GTA Online session night! :cc_detective:

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »
Too bad i don't have an PS3 or XBOX, would be fantastic to play online with GTAS people :(

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »
Topic is finished :euro:. Polishing up the first post a little, but this should give you the jist of it. However, I urge you to TRY the Hakuchou before judging it, don't just take my word for it. It's a highly situational bike. It sucks at anything aside from big air bumps and ramps, but you really have to practice with this bike to understand what it's good and bad at. For the most part, you should really stick to the Bati, but there are situations in which the Hakuchou will blow it away, and you will only gain a really good understanding of these situations by taking the time to experiment with it.

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 02:41:08 PM »
New bike sounds very promising, I might have a few uses for it :D

Offline Feym

• Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »
The new Hakouchu is feeling fantastic but is sketchy at bumps

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 01:01:01 AM »
Another thing people seem to overlook with this new bike, is that it's fucking ugly  :euro:

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 01:06:47 AM »
^Ugly, but daaamn. I havent felt that HB feeling since SA. Amazing. :wub:

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 02:40:48 AM »
Another thing people seem to overlook with this new bike, is that it's fucking ugly  :euro:

:lol:

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 05:01:36 AM »
Tried out the new bike and daaaaamn it's quick, the wheelie goes high :cc_detective: The new car is quite cool too but all these new cars and bikes look like they had a nice model and then Rockstar decided that it's too good for us and then just made them look like shit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal