Author Topic: R3 TurBo vs luli (luli wins 0:3)  (Read 6456 times)

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: R3 TurBo vs luli
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »
At the end of the day, no one gives a fuck how much time you spend on a stunt. It's about how it looks and how much creativity was put into it. You can land some bonkers difficult stunt that just doesn't look good and land some next-level big ass sweet looking combo in a few tries.
I prefered your stunt Turbo btw.

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 10:07:10 AM »
Voting for luli due to the fact that it's obviously the best there. C:
I have discussed this prior to the voting, I knew people would react this way when they do not know what they're seeing.

I throughly respect luli's stunt and think it's fair it is winning due to the way it looks.

But people fail to conceive the difficulty of performing such a multi-elements[hey, check brulla's footloose for my inspiration] parkour combo that ends with a run on a very thin ledge and then 'player dropbumping' on the other ledge[which is the only way for tommy to get the bump to that lamp, else he would get barely 1/2 way, grenades aside] and finishing it.

I am saddened that people are dismissing stuff as though it wasn't even put thought and work into in the first place, and a bit angered to be honest, because that tells me I should go for the backup every time. Regardless of what you think of luli's stunt.

maybe it was too generic on the judges point of view

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 10:49:47 AM »
^ Thinking I have not thought of it isn't serious, I know... but the point of me making such a detailed comment is to point at the actual issue: the thing I find annoying which is stating an opinion as a fact.

I have no will to fight on stuff that's totally un-related to what I was saying. It's like I'd comment 'Hey a bird' after what you just wrote.

Please, read and understand my points before dissing me as if I care or will to fight anyone.

e: Anyone thinking it's just because I'm here in this situation is wrong, I have felt this way about people losing against me and judges displaying this mentality, I just felt like venting once, and showing how much it 'helps' create an enjoyable league.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:52:31 AM by TurBo »

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »
Kukiel has the strong point, so is Turbo.

The problem is - the "hardness" of a stunt is completely subjective. It all depends on a stunter, a spot, fps of the game, sweat on the palms, size of the moon, etc.

Don't you actually think Luli's stunt could have been as hard as yours?
It could have been not hard for you actually.

It looked more original, BUT, there is a huge BUT,
If I was the judge, I wouldn't accept that stunt because of the "no bush mod", which makes that stunt OBVIOUSLY easy as pie. So the Turbo would get my vote.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 12:02:23 PM »

The problem is - the "hardness" of a stunt is completely subjective. It all depends on a stunter, a spot, fps of the game, sweat on the palms, size of the moon, etc.

If I was the judge, I wouldn't accept that stunt because of the "no bush mod", which makes that stunt OBVIOUSLY easy as pie. So the Turbo would get my vote.

Just my 2 cents.

your point is invalid, who told you i landed that stunt with the same vc i recorded? i actually used a normal vc to land that stunt before i formated... and then i recorded it with a "repack" vc, you can tell the skins are default.

if i just posted the rep here instead of a clip, you also wouldnt be able to even think about arguing about no bushes mod.

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »

Just my 2 cents.

your point is invalid, who told you i landed that stunt with the same vc i recorded? i actually used a normal vc to land that stunt before i formated... and then i recorded it with a "repack" vc, you can tell the skins are default.

if i just posted the rep here instead of a clip, you also wouldnt be able to even think about arguing about no bushes mod.

Now try to prove me you didn't use "no bushes mod"...

Facts are as seen in the video.

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 12:07:01 PM »

Just my 2 cents.

Now try to prove me you didn't use "no bushes mod"...

Facts are as seen in the video.

i dont have to prove ANYTHING, you accused me in first the place, so you are the one to prove i did use or otherwise dont even bother about accusing me

and facts are seen in the rep not in a video
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:08:48 PM by luli »

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »
Actually it's very easy to prove. If you was clean, you wouldn't be so nervous about my accuse in the first place.  :a-cheer:

Too bad I can't get into your VC folder. How good is that for you?

Anyway, I could care less, I was just dropping my 2 cents. The judges will rethink all that anyway.

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 12:20:45 PM »
Anyway, I could care less, I was just dropping my 2 cents. The judges will rethink all that anyway.

Rethink? It is how it is, there is no right or wrong call here. Some like improvisation more, some like classic executions, arguing about which stunt is better is pointless, they are both amazing, so the only difference between choosing either is a personal taste which is what it comes to in 50/50 situations. Everyone might be a dissapointed at some point but it's just how it is and there's not much you can do about it.

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »
Actually it's very easy to prove. If you was clean, you wouldn't be so nervous about my accuse in the first place.  :a-cheer:

i just didnt like that you came out of nowhere thinking you were the master of the truth, saying that like it was a fact and thinking you were right, i had to do something because its really easy to accuse someone when you cant even give a slighlty valid point.

and i guess you didnt really read my post about me saying that i landed that stunt before i formated my pc and only have this repack vc with no bushes mod and no missions at all.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:25:44 PM by luli »

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 12:30:14 PM »

i just didnt like that you came out of nowhere thinking you were the master of the truth, saying that like it was a fact and thinking you were right, i had to do something because its really easy to accuse someone when you cant even give a slighlty valid point.

You just could send me the screen of your gta3.img properties, and that would make my accuse pointless.
But still you continue to weakly excuse yourself.

I actually LIKED your stunt over Turbo's, the only problem I have is that it was shown with No Bushes.
So I actually had a VERY valid point, because of that.

EDIT: It's cool dude, I have no interest in turning you over. Just was pointing something out.
And yes, I didn't see it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:32:06 PM by THEFTman »

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 12:33:58 PM »

You just could send me the screen of your gta3.img properties, and that would make my accuse pointless.
But still you continue to weakly excuse yourself.

I actually LIKED your stunt over Turbo's, the only problem I have is that it was shown with No Bushes.
So I actually had a VERY valid point, because of that.

EDIT: It's cool dude, I have no interest in turning you over. Just was pointing something out.
And yes, I didn't see it.

alright, all back to 0 again

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 08:01:10 AM »
The objective is "Best stunt on foot", luli's was, imo, best here.

I'm not saying yours was shit or anything else. Both were really great, I just liked his stunt more. I understand the fact you'd like a - each stunter review. I'll give my best to provide some during the end of that tournament.

I really had the "wow" feeling since I was not expecting that at all. Your stunt wasn't that bad TurBo, if the objective was about a Parkour stunt, I'd give it my vote. On foot equals not Parkour, that's what I liked about luli's entry. Once again, wasn't expecting that at all.

For the no-bushes, eventhough it'd help a little, it doesn't matter. The main point of the stunt stays the same.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:03:08 AM by MxZz. »

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 08:33:09 AM »
I guess that the reason because luli won here is "wow" moment. Everyone expected 2 parkour
stunts (me first) and he did an original ditch stunt.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:39:42 AM by Arnax »

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 08:48:26 AM »
I guess that the reason because luli won here is "wow" moment. Everyone expected 2 parkour
stunts (me first) and he did an original ditch stunt.
There you go. Couldn't find that "ditch" word.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal