Author Topic: Barney - Homunculus  (Read 32272 times)

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
Re: Barney - Homunculus
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2014, 10:38:47 AM »
so the rage guy found himself another editor

some nice stunts, liked it way better than the melon's one, not as many naturals and more bigairs, cool to see you figured that vc csm 2 construction site, I was trying it with all kind of vehicles but couldnt get decent set up
finisher feels lame, not what I expected to close things up, after everyone's bitching about zenaku's skimmer bumps I wonder how nobody points it out now

editing and music was cool, fuck people who can't think of anything else than rock/metal in videos, that's pathetic, enjoyed it way more than monolith
gj
This post is actually what I would say about this video. Except the last part. I like Joe's edits but Barney needs some electric guitar shit and growls in his videos to make it even MORE enjoyable.

Offline Neotec

•  
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2014, 10:44:38 AM »
No metal this time?  :(
As every Barney video: impressive,inhuman.  :cc_detective:
Great editing and i really like the song!

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2014, 11:15:24 AM »
Well every stunt blew my mind, not even a sinlge filler (except for the printer ledge grind), personally i think you are the best vc stunter, always landing original stuff. The editing was great, and it makes it even greater the fact that joe made the soundtrack himself (and its pretty awesome, i thought it was some other artist before i saw the credits) but barney did wrong at choosing him because they have different styles, barney is metal :P but its a great video anyways.

are you gonna release a solo every 2 years? can't wait for 2016 :ninja:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:45:25 AM by Cooper »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »
Jesus man, if there was any doubt that you were still the best VC stunter of all time... :lol:.  One of the best solo's of all time, only in competition to your own back catalogue. Mind blowing stunts! I don't even have a problem with the stuck methods, because the spots you landed with them were absolutely worth it. That huge stoppie combo, dropbump to BB grind, CSM to construction precision, LC parking lot P2B, and that amazing hospital CSM... fucking insane.

The editing was fantastic in its own right. Really nice data crushing, very tight pacing, brilliant creativity... Sorcery's vision flowed through his work with mastery. However, I do have a few problems with it, and overall, I don't think it was best matched to this video. The colour grading lacked a ton of depth, most of the colours felt very flat/overexposed, and there didn't seem to be any consistency to the grade when weather types changed.

The biggest complaint I have with it is that I never felt a sense of wonder or high tension from the editing. To really make me feel that wow factor, the stunts had to do all the work. The editing never made me feel that "will he, won't he" sensation. There was no surprise, the stunts were all I could look to. Luckily, Barney can blow us away all by himself, but a lesser stunter would lack power under this type of edit, and I think that's a problem with a lot of Sorcery's videos. Fantastic editing, but ultimately didn't serve its real purpose, in my opinion.

Now, what else is there to say? I think I noticed two old stunts... maybe. I think 0:40 might be old, but 1:56 definitely is. A few of the stunts didn't quite stand up to the rest (like the printing press ledge grind), but again, these are minor complaints. I loved this video SO much, but I never quite felt the wow factor that I did while watching Unorthodox or Monolith. Amazing video, top #3 of all time at the very least. Regardless, the overall package didn't stand up to your best work, but I love it for what it is.

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2014, 12:17:03 PM »
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:49:56 PM by mateus »

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
That was sublime. Quite possibly my favourite Barney solo actually. The stunts were all amazing, but some (such as the finisher, the drop bump to BB grind, the PSM to precision... meh 90% of the stunts) were each stunt-of-the-year material. Sorcery - you did an amazing job. This might actually be my favourite editing by you to date; I love all the neat little elements you added in the video, and the fact the soundtrack was composed by you just further adds on to the personal touch you gave this video. I'd much rather see a different style like this than yet another video from the same pipeline.

Video of the decade.

Oh and, to anyone saying Barney only does metal, I only have this to say:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJlXb45P2IE

Offline fucker

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2014, 12:34:58 PM »
Barney really can't be human.The stunts were just Godlike 11/10

Offline plak

• Veteran Member
  • zazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2014, 12:44:13 PM »
impressive

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2014, 12:47:01 PM »
Ah damn PtRvY, Stunt'd was the first stuntvideo that I've seen in my life..dem feelings. Wonder who uploaded originally, because this is a reuploaded one, isn't it?

Offline Matias

• Veteran Member
  • Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2014, 01:31:03 PM »
I cant stop watching it, but i dont know why its in VC UN-MODDED Stunting Video Releases topic. I  was trying by all my 'career' to land lower part of this build and it was impossible, because run up is too short, but You landed the heighest part of this build, dont belive its clean. This video is timeless anyway. :)
actually the finisher is possible and landed on the higher part, but I didnt imagine if the run up of the pre finisher could be enough. I gotta try it

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »
actually the finisher is possible and landed on the higher part, but I didnt imagine if the run up of the pre finisher could be enough. I gotta try it

Challenge has been planted :ninja:

Offline Luky

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2014, 04:32:55 PM »
This is undoubtedly one of the best videos of all time. Stunt-wise I was completely blown away, fucking inhuman stuff Barney, it's unbelievable how you always keep pushing the limits of stunting with every new material you release, I'm beyond impressed. Editing-wise... at first, just like many others, I was let down by not seeing the dark atmosphere and not hearing brutal music that is typical for Barney's videos, but after seeing it about 10 times, my opinion about it changed. I'm glad that you experimented a lot and made it very unique, it made the video stand out even more, and the fact you actually are the author of the music makes it even more impressive, great job! I loved the camera angles on almost all the stunts, really well thought-out IMO, also good moderate use of Freeplay. As some already pointed out, you could have shown the run-ups of some of the big-air stunts, especially the pre-finisher and a couple of others, but I guess it wouldn't be in sync with the music then...

Can't really sum up which stunts were my favorites because the list would be too long, but what really shocked me the most was the drop bump to grind near the VC stadium, didn't see that coming.

This video is a masterpiece! ;D

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2014, 04:53:38 PM »
The biggest complaint I have with it is that I never felt a sense of wonder or high tension from the editing. To really make me feel that wow factor, the stunts had to do all the work. The editing never made me feel that "will he, won't he" sensation.

My thoughts exactly. Nevertheless another ripper of a video, props for still managing to squeeze the last bit out of these maps like a tube of empty toothpaste.

Offline DefinitelyNotBarney

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »
https://www.sendspace.com/file/zxub34

For watching only, no re-edits.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:31:37 PM by DefinitelyNotBarney »

Offline AroX

• LLS Crew
  • jokyo & yeoji
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »
I absolutely loved EVERY single stunt of this video! The music was okay, but the editing was not up to par. I'd definitely watch this again in another edit. :/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal