Author Topic: Bump to grind challenge.  (Read 2542 times)

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
  • Foresttravesty has a poor taste in music.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
Bump to grind challenge.
« on: November 29, 2014, 08:50:13 AM »
It's not a particularly technical spot, but I'm having a tough time stringing both sides of it together and landing (I'd like to backflip off the rail and land on the road for the landing) so I figured some of you might have some fun attempting it.

There's two ways to go about it, I think the second way about doing it looks allot cleaner, but I'm yet to even hit the railing that way.

Here's the video, have fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC30Gnz9MnI&feature=youtu.be

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Bump to grind challenge.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:17:23 AM »
Try using the Bati (best grinding vehicle) with a much lower runup. Provided the runup is short enough, you should be able to get the wheelie for the bump and easily grind to the landing :).

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 08:14:35 PM »
Try using the Bati (best grinding vehicle) with a much lower runup. Provided the runup is short enough, you should be able to get the wheelie for the bump and easily grind to the landing :).
Have you messed with the Carbon RS much? It's very good, I question whether the Bati could make the bump or not, because in my hands at least, I can never bump off curbs with it.

Carbon RS seems to be the best for bumping off curbs, I'd argue it's at least 3 times better than the Thrust for it. It's to the point of actually being TO GOOD at bumping off curbs and launching me over the walls I'm trying to bump off 70% of the time.

Offline Trialz

• GTA V <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Beep beep beep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 09:24:05 PM »
Bati can hit curbs pretty well. Its just getting the angle. The wheel has to be just above the curb to get air time.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 11:26:40 PM »
Have you messed with the Carbon RS much?

Not yet, been waiting for them to get their shit together and fix the turbo bug :P. Otherwise I can't really tell how it compares to the other bikes at their best. Can confirm they're aware of all the stunting-related bugs though (car gliding, BMX's, turbo). Had a conversation about it the other day.

It's interesting that you mention that curb bumping potential. On paper, the Carbon RS isn't compelling at all, but if it's a really good curb bumping vehicle it may well have its uses :D.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:30:21 PM by VaNilla »

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 11:44:26 PM »
Have you messed with the Carbon RS much?

Not yet, been waiting for them to get their shit together and fix the turbo bug :P. Otherwise I can't really tell how it compares to the other bikes at their best. Can confirm they're aware of all the stunting-related bugs though (car gliding, BMX's, turbo). Had a conversation about it the other day.

It's interesting that you mention that curb bumping potential. On paper, the Carbon RS isn't compelling at all, but if it's a really good curb bumping vehicle it may well have its uses :D.
Trust me, it's much better than I expected, even without the turbo I've been nailing some solid stunts. It's also very good for grinding, and if I'm right, you're all about grinding, so I bet you'll like it. It can also climb a building very easy by simply doing a wheelie at the wall, it has a habit of bouncing off the wall once you're on, so it's difficult to actually land on the building, but I suspect there's a way to negate that effect, so there's some serious potential.

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 01:11:05 AM »
was trying this today. had no success with the bati or ruffian, so i shelled out and got a new RS.  you are absolutely correct, when hit just right, this thing soars off the tiniest curb. it's pretty amazing. certainly can't be used for every stunt, but it's amazing for spots like this.

i got pretty close to aback flip to grind, but havent been able to stick it yet.
great spot.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 08:11:14 AM »
was trying this today. had no success with the bati or ruffian, so i shelled out and got a new RS.  you are absolutely correct, when hit just right, this thing soars off the tiniest curb. it's pretty amazing. certainly can't be used for every stunt, but it's amazing for spots like this.

i got pretty close to aback flip to grind, but havent been able to stick it yet.
great spot.
I ended up managing to land it, it looks something like this. Bump to grind..

I'm still trying to land another stunt on the same spot though, like this. Damn it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:14:16 AM by BIGpoppaKEGdog »

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 01:35:16 PM »
holy shit, that last one is nuts.
i was just thinking people should do more backwards stunts. i pulled something like this off of a smaller parking garage the other day, but yours is huge.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal