Author Topic: Shadow - Introduction to Evolve Stunting  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Evolve Shadow

• 🖤🩶🤍💜
    • View Profile
Shadow - Introduction to Evolve Stunting
« on: June 18, 2020, 10:08:38 AM »
Well so last year i joined Evolve. Started grinding instantly and haven't stopped since. I worked from November last year until May working on this video. Got an amazing edit for my great friend Masa :) Tried doing some different stuff than what you usually see and I think it turned out pretty well. Enjoy :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X352xMlK8no

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
Re: Shadow - Introduction to Evolve Stunting
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 11:09:41 AM »
that was cool, didnt like the sort of stunts were you literally drove up stuff but yeah

good job :)

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 09:45:48 PM »
Stunts were a great example of why V stunting just isnt for me, but I can respect the time and creativity put into it. Some really cool stunts to watch here still though like at 3:37 I did not expect that, super cool. Also really like 4:00.

What made this video for me was the editing, absolutely incredible. perfectly captured this song in a stunt vid. great job.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:43:27 PM by Krypton »

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 12:08:23 AM »
finisher is nuts! thats was the greatest stunt in gta v this year! i would like to see more of this

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 04:41:11 AM »
My favorites are the first two stunts, the BMX stunt from the stairs to grinding the yellow ledges, the drop from the stadium to grind to bump to precision and the finisher. Last one is pretty sick in particular (since car gliding doesn't work anymore right?).

I do share the sentiment of most other older stunters though, the limits of V have been stretched beyond the absurd in some aspects and multiple glides + bumps in a row are just rarely appealing anymore. They all feel the same. And when it comes to the topic of wallrides/wallclimbs I still enjoy seeing them in the style of 1:26 since you already got the bumps and just used the momentum to ride up the building. 4:03 is a stunt I simply cannot enjoy however, you're literally falling downwards face first into a wall and somehow generate enough momentum to fly 100ft up in the air, that's just so stupid it's not enjoyable to watch. I know how it works though and I'll have to admit I really like the idea and think it's a great stunt it's just not fun to watch for me with this execution. If you had bumped the sign instead I would've been applauding. Forgot what the bike you used at 1:42 is called, but those long drives up a wall are a bit boring in my opinion. One would've been fine for variations sake but three was a bit overkill and I found myself wanting to skip past them after the first.

I'm making this sound pretty negative perhaps but it is not meant in that way, you're still one of the few V stunters I'll happely watch a video of and often find myself wanting to launch the game again. So yea take whatever from this what you will, but don't stop making videos  :P

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 12:54:01 PM »
I just can't take GTA V stunting serious. Gliding is the most retarded mechanic in any GTA game. It just takes the fun out of the visuals of stunting to me. I also really dislike driving vertically up a wall. Either way, shitty irrelevant opinions aside; the Mountainbike combo and the wallride at 3:22 looked super cool. Some cool combos and precs too.

GTA V stunt vids will never be a thing I'd binge watch, but this was enjoyable.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 02:22:39 AM »
Felt like commenting on this as I haven't seen V videos being posted here lately. Also felt like commenting because this music + editing moved me, it was a brilliant video from this aspect, I really like this song and it worked superb here.
Stuntingwise I can say pretty much the same as the old boys before me. I liked some stunts such as the bmx combo or the long wallride at 1:30, a great example when the wallride is actually making sense for me. Other greatcombos looked stylish as well. But longass glides and nonsense stunts did not appeal to me. 4:30, for example, is a plain bump to the side of the electric tower and you even start to fall down from it then you somehow gain speed and start climbing it, just watching this made me anxious. The others are those jumping car stunts, they look so out of...everything I call stunting. One could say we have cabbie boost in SA/VC, but I see the two totally different.

Overall, I didn't mean to be harsh, I enjoyed this video mostly and found some stunts actually great, good job dude.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal