Author Topic: Senior member status  (Read 24507 times)

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
Senior member status
« on: April 19, 2017, 09:40:07 AM »
Can some random admin change my status to the senior member one (blue)?

I can't remember the rules but I think I've been here long enough....

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: Senior member status
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »
Forgot what it was exactly, but I think it was 6 years and 1000 posts. You're not here for 6 years yet but whatever (judging from your registration date).

Offline NumeRo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
Forgot what it was exactly, but I think it was 6 years and 1000 posts. You're not here for 6 years yet but whatever (judging from your registration date).
if im correctly back in 2010 the blue tittle was "privileged member" when you hit 1000 posts

Offline MikeyMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 10:47:09 AM »
What were the rules for veteran member?

I think I reach 6 years later this year, depends what admin wants to do.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 11:01:52 AM »
Veteran was 3 years I think? But that was when the forum was a bit younger  :P

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 04:03:19 PM »
Veteran is for those who have been on the forums for 3 years, Senior is for those who have been twice the longer. I don't think there's an exact amount of posts you need to match the criteria with, specifically these 1,000 Rainbow mentions as Billy has 220 as of now and he is Senior.

However, strictly on the forums. I talked to Simon about it and I could not get it despite I had started to stunt in 2010.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »
Im a vet after almost 11 years and Rainbow is a senior when he is around for 10 years. the status makes no sense. people who are from around 2004 should have senior status  :P

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
Privileged member was 1k posts or something yeah, lol the memories. And veteran is 3 years and senior 6. I'm too lazy to ask for the senior rank but the blue colour looks nice

Offline J.Mario

• No TV No Radio
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 11:27:45 PM »
I thought those who reached 3 years registered long would get a membership of veteran automatically but what did  I found :lol:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:40:03 PM by J.Mario »

Offline torekk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • torekk's blog
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 12:11:08 AM »
It never was automatically. And that's the problem, since GTAS is pretty much "dead". If I recall correctly, a mod/admin had to add you into the user group.

Also I recall that you only got veteran/senior if you were an active stunter for that time as well.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 05:10:04 AM »
Not that anyone cares about it today... but I've always felt it worthless, senior member status should (have been) be given only to members who joined in the early times and are actually 'veterans' or more than that. No offense but it's quite hilarious that Rust is a senior member while Fighter isn't.. I mean just think of who is/has been the bigger name and more influental around here over the years. So it's just a fancy status you request and get, not a big deal imo, especially not nowadays when the forum is deadly inactive. It was only my subjective opinion, everyone is free to interpret it however they want.

Offline MikeyMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 06:32:10 AM »
Tbh I just like the colour or it, nothing more than that.

I do agree however that rust having the senior status is a bit strange with fighter only a veteran.

The forums are quite inactive but things like this veteran status and senior status are the sort of things that help people contribute more. They allow people to look up to those who have been here a long time and then post more things and land more stunts to be recognised.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 07:51:42 AM »
personally, i like the orange color more then the blue, its weird a senior status got the same color as "Privileged member" back in the days. Re-introducing an updated "rank" could be a good move though. on the other hand, forums arent popular anymore. To bring this back in the publicity we should take a big move and change the whole forums + somehow combining them with social media.

Offline .Dakar

• gta vc creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 07:56:15 AM »
I stunt since 2011 and I have +1000 forum post, and still no veteran name for me, or senior
Obviously I lost my old account password.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:58:02 AM by GINSENGXX »

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 06:18:54 AM »
(...) No offense but it's quite hilarious that Rust is a senior member while Fighter isn't.. I mean just think of who is/has been the bigger name and more influental around here over the years. So it's just a fancy status you request and get, not a big deal imo (...)
I do not think the status is at all a community-status whatsoever, it is just an indicator of your time on the Forums. Pointing out who is better and most influential than who because of a colour makes no sense. People around this place very well know who are influential and who are not, so saying that someone owning a status is "hilarious" because someone else who spent more time in a game does not, is plain pointless.
I can very well assume that the reason Fighter does not have it is just because he does not care enough and he has grown himself a persona around the network, so there is no point for him to claim anything after all if he is given recognition naturally.
I have the status because I claimed it and the colour looks just fine. I do not pretend nor seek to be in a higher position than anyone.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal