Author Topic: Shadowsniper needs a nudge or two - calling veteran players -  (Read 17120 times)

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowsniper needs a nudge or two - calling veteran players -
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 06:03:07 AM »
It's a stunt video, not an editing video. Give the job to whoever has FRAPS and is willing to render the fucking thing for you. Stop caring about editing, 99% of the vids released these day has the same repetitive editing anyway. If your stunts truly are world class then you won't need any fancy editing for people to appreciate it.

^This.

What made stunting in the past legendary or memorable was probably the decent focus on the stunts. It's sad because any clean video that doesn't improvise editing nowadays is considered a failure (this is not a general thing btw). But, it would be cool to give the people who joined GTAS today the same feeling that they kept reading about of the past. Even if it was just freecam's with pan/crop'd movements - it will never give the same feeling as the 'high-class' doubts. Just a plain sunny weather with a 4:3 aspect ratio.  :wub:

Anyone thinks the same?

Paul, as Ed said - release it and don't be a perfectionist man. We are waiting bad here.  :cheersad:

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 06:33:05 AM »
Just gonna x2 that, but don't under-edit it too much or else you'll get throw in the same category as luli :P

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 06:44:17 AM »
^luli's editing was epic and fitted the mood of the song IMO

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »
It's a stunt video, not an editing video. Give the job to whoever has FRAPS and is willing to render the fucking thing for you. Stop caring about editing, 99% of the vids released these day has the same repetitive editing anyway. If your stunts truly are world class then you won't need any fancy editing for people to appreciate it.

^This.

What made stunting in the past legendary or memorable was probably the decent focus on the stunts. It's sad because any clean video that doesn't improvise editing nowadays is considered a failure (this is not a general thing btw). But, it would be cool to give the people who joined GTAS today the same feeling that they kept reading about of the past. Even if it was just freecam's with pan/crop'd movements - it will never give the same feeling as the 'high-class' doubts. Just a plain sunny weather with a 4:3 aspect ratio.  :wub:

Anyone thinks the same?

Paul, as Ed said - release it and don't be a perfectionist man. We are waiting bad here.  :cheersad:
I think mimicking the style of 2005 / 2006 in its entirety won't cut it.  For this video, keeping the editing basic may be good some of the time, but it's 2013.  Why not complement the presentation where you can?  I think SS is a good enough editor to bridge the gap.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »
I loved Moonlight, while most hydra videos are boring this one was really cool. Get Bujutzu to edit the other one as well :euro:

Offline Raskal

• Furniture Cadet
  • Veteran Member
  • I like stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 03:01:37 PM »
A nudge? how about a swift kick in the ass! lol  :P FLY PLANE FLY!

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 10:20:54 AM »
Just letting you guys know, my PC broke back in the beginning of May. It's not until late in June that I got a new PC, and I've been testing it for the last week or two. I'm confident that it's stable now, so I'm back to working on my videos. Checked my PM's and a few people seem to think I'm ignoring them, but I wasn't :(. Catching up to all the news on GTAS and then I'll get to replying, just know that I haven't forgot about you.

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 11:29:21 AM »
He died in camping, it's just a ghost^.

Offline Nikedj

• Veteran Member
  • Melk met een koekje
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2013, 03:36:31 PM »
He died in camping, it's just a ghost^.
:lol: Welcome back SS :p

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
*Sigh*...

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2013, 12:58:01 PM »
Dude you can't rely on SS, what did you expect

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
He told me he was too busy to complete these videos while playing spierdala on SAMP.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 01:55:18 PM »
He told me he was too busy to complete these videos while playing spierdala on SAMP.

I'm not sure who you're playing with, considering that I haven't played SAMP in about 2 months :cc_detective:. As far as the videos are concerned, more than one of them is already complete, ready to be uploaded along side two others, which are not finished. It's my fault that they're not finished, but what I have finished is awesome, and definitely worth the wait.

It would have been nice to finish everything before GTA V, but I haven't. I've got my own life, I'm nobody's slave, and I've put a lot of hours into everything I'm working on, so I'm not taking anyone's shit.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:01:43 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 01:56:57 PM »
JUST FINISH THOSE VIDEOS ALREADY ARGH

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile