Author Topic: UPLOADS  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
UPLOADS
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
I'm not sure if this belongs in Community Council or General Discussion, but I was wondering if there's a solid plan to finding a reliable upload/download site? Since that MegaUpload fiasco, I'm noticing every download link is no longer working. TGA, filefront, sendspace, etc... down the crapper. What still works, and what can we use?

Youtube is great for streaming, as long as they don't remove or silence the videos due to copyright "claims" from WMG et. al... but for downloading, I think we really need something reliable and consistent. Would it be viable to use something like Yahoo briefcase? Just a community-wide account that we could all log in to, and upload and download things at our leisure? The only problem off the top of my head being that anyone could then delete anything they wanted, were they to start some kind of pissing match with others.

What about e-mail attachments? YouSendIt? Rapidshare? (either one)? Something where the file can persist for more than a week, so someone can come back after, oh, say six months and download all of the videos he had missed out on.

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
Re: UPLOADS
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:34:15 AM »
We should put our hands together & make 1 premium, shared rapidshare account where everyone can upload their stuff.

Then again, I am really naive to believe everyone here has good intentions...

Offline value

• internationaler player
  • thabang
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:38:59 AM »
mediafire, but u need to make an account & ur files never will get deleted (free)

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »
Yeah, but the big problem about that is the filesize limit, some of the guys who like to really amp up the quality with .mkv's & such, can't really put it to good use.

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:00:03 PM »
I think multiupload would be fine, and just upload it to as many sites as possible. Still not 100% though.

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 11:02:14 PM »
multiupload doesn't work for me, no matter what computer or browser I use...

I've been using rapidshare lately and it's great but, not really much of a "database" just with temporary files.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal