Author Topic: The Best of GTAStunting: A New Concept  (Read 22619 times)

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
Re: The Best of GTAStunting: A New Concept
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »
Apart from how the video is constructed stunt-wise, I think people put way too much emphasis on editing nowadays. If you want to preserve a bit of stunting history than in my opinion editing wouldn't even matter. I'd just want to see the most awesome stunts I've seen over my 'career', the stunts that pushed me to push myself, the once that aspired me to keep trying and the ones that inspired me to try new ideas.

It should be a video to remind us of how stunting has evolved, how we as a community have grown and how stunting has grown throughout the years through those who've aimed higher, looked further or thought differently on the subject of stunting. If this means letting newbs (can't think of a better term) in this video then what of it? If it means only stunts from three years ago, who gives a shit?

For me one of the most inspiring videos was Two Tales by Pep and Nagual, even though they weren't real established VC stunters at the time (or atleast I perceived it that way). Crews like New Breed ushered in a whole new side to stunting, with fresh ideas. TMS, WH, ATS, XSA, GVT, and a lot of other crews out there have been great influences on how stunting is done today. On the other hand we've got stunters who've never been in a major crew that were so influential.

It shouldn't be about the best. It should be about the legacy of stunting. And no matter what your way of setting up this video is you'll never have the whole history or legacy of stunting in this video. There are too many stunters which have paved the way for what stunting is today to remember them.

If anything though, TheGamersAlliance.com should be mentioned in this video for it has hosted thousands of stunting videos over the years and sadly is no longer available.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2012, 04:29:32 PM »
Apart from how the video is constructed stunt-wise, I think people put way too much emphasis on editing nowadays. If you want to preserve a bit of stunting history than in my opinion editing wouldn't even matter. I'd just want to see the most awesome stunts I've seen over my 'career', the stunts that pushed me to push myself, the once that aspired me to keep trying and the ones that inspired me to try new ideas.

It should be a video to remind us of how stunting has evolved, how we as a community have grown and how stunting has grown throughout the years through those who've aimed higher, looked further or thought differently on the subject of stunting. If this means letting newbs (can't think of a better term) in this video then what of it? If it means only stunts from three years ago, who gives a shit?

For me one of the most inspiring videos was Two Tales by Pep and Nagual, even though they weren't real established VC stunters at the time (or atleast I perceived it that way). Crews like New Breed ushered in a whole new side to stunting, with fresh ideas. TMS, WH, ATS, XSA, GVT, and a lot of other crews out there have been great influences on how stunting is done today. On the other hand we've got stunters who've never been in a major crew that were so influential.

It shouldn't be about the best. It should be about the legacy of stunting. And no matter what your way of setting up this video is you'll never have the whole history or legacy of stunting in this video. There are too many stunters which have paved the way for what stunting is today to remember them.

If anything though, TheGamersAlliance.com should be mentioned in this video for it has hosted thousands of stunting videos over the years and sadly is no longer available.
You have said what I wanted to for a while but couldn't. Clap clap clap.

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »
Can someone explain what Xtramus said? I am Merican so therefor I don't comprehend sentences longer than 3 words...jokin

Umm yea...Twos Tale WAS crazy...

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »

Unfortunately most of the stunters who did something amazing aren't around anymore to send their best to a video like this

Offline mehmet

• MEMEETH
  • Veteran Member
  • Pönda
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GTASMehMet
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »
i think this video is a good idea, but! :euro:

there are some stunters like daffy and barney who could make the vid only together... and if there is a limit per stunter then i would not call it ''the best of gtas''

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »
Mixed opinions on this, I mean sure having a best of GTAS would be sick as fuck, but who gets to decide what is 'the best' stunt? One person may love landing a 200ft high bump whereas somebody else may not enjoy that at all, it's all a matter of preference. If anything a best of video would probably split the community; you spend hours, days even trying one stunt repetitively and finally land it, then it's not used in a best of? jimmies will be rustled.

As a bad example, personally my top three all time GTAS videos would be Stunting Liberty by Alexey89, Postmortem by Daffy and Rising by Xtramus. Sure, they may not be the pinnacle of Vice City stunting, but I enjoyed them and would probably consider them the best videos released (IN MY OPINION), whereas other people would probably call me stupid for classing those three as the best. Just a matter of opinion and perception I suppose.

JL

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
About the problem that "best" is obviously is subjective; that could be solved by division of an episodal Best of into, lets just say 2 parts, "creativity/combos" & "fuck he's flying"

I have mixed feelings about this aswell. It feels like Best ofs aren't really needed, personal Best ofs being entirely different though.

The "best/greatest" achievments of each year are already brought to attention by the yearly awards GTAS is doing. And it works perfectly fine, since the winners and nominations are determined by the users of this place.
Doing video like this would be doing the same thing twice, kinda.

It's not a bad idea at all, but it doesn't feel neccessary.

/edit!

Instead of doing regular Best ofs, i think we should put more effort in preserving stuntvideos.
Especially old ones.

Actually i think most of the stunters here would rather have people watch the inspiring/achieving/mindblowing stunts they pulled off in the video they were in originally (along with his other stuff), instead of just seeing a glimpse of their work in a Best of.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:18:42 PM by JL »

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2015, 05:51:00 AM »
SORRY FOR BUMB

Gimme replay checkers / beta viewers team and I will fully edit this video with all potential. I am pretty sure that I will meet the challenge (I just need to finish one project). My pm box is always open  :happy:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:53:15 AM by Detective-Tracky »

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2015, 06:36:40 AM »
:neen:

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2015, 11:41:32 AM »

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2015, 06:35:01 AM »

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2015, 09:29:07 PM »
Xtramus had the point.
IMO, the only way to construct this video (without missing a single relevant stunt) would be cutting out clips of famous, remembered videos. Lol

If you guys are still dreaming of this project, you should stop it...

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2015, 03:19:26 AM »
If you guys are still dreaming of this project, you should stop it...

No, we have dreams too.  <_<

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal