Author Topic: The Best of GTAStunting: A New Concept  (Read 22626 times)

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
Re: The Best of GTAStunting: A New Concept
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 09:31:04 AM »
An instrument for making videos, same as a violin is an instrument for making music or a hammer an instrument for building & renovating.

Offline Phamus

• WaroW Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »
I understand.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 09:53:02 AM »
Just one question, I didn't understood pretty well (since I've readed the whole topic and sometimes I got confused :lol:) 1 volume contains 1 editor in total? or it's like top 3 editors with more votes, I mean I'd suggest to take i.e. 15 stunts and split it between the 3 editors :)

One editor per video. The top editor would be given the job, and if they can't do it the job would be given to the 2nd, and then possibly the third. If all of them fail to complete it, then all the submitted stunts would carry over to the next month's vote. More than one editor would complicate things, as you'd have to make everything merge nicely. With the deadline for the editing, and the possibility of people living in different time zones, I don't see how it would ever work :P

The concept sounds great and all, but in my opinion nobody would want to organise it, as it'd take quite a big amount of free time.
Also, you haven't really mentioned whether the stunts per one volume should be both SA/VC (maybe even III), or should they be separated, f.ex, 1st, 3rd, 5th<...> volumes would contain only VC/LC stuff while 2nd, 4th, 6th<...> only SA. I submitted this idea because mixed stunt videos simply don't look as good as they'd have been when organised as separated sa and vc ones.

I would see them as mixed stunt videos (ie. VC, SA, IV). It's possible to record each game in the exact same way (ie. 30fps), and good editors should know how to use replays from different games (the game you're recording from doesn't limit how you use it at all, at least for GTA). So if it were me organising it (I don't have the time), then that's what I would do.

Wait, what material do the applied editors use for their applications?  :hmm:

Up to them. It could range from "omg plz let me edit", to "I would like to edit the video because of ABC, and here's my past work". So if I was applying, I'd explain why I wanted to edit, and show the quality of my editing in the past. This way, you would have an easier time convincing people to let you edit, even if you're already well known. But you could say anything, all you need to apply is a post in the applications topic.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:56:50 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 10:02:56 AM »
Ok, d'accord, thanks for clearing that up.
Although, I personally think it would be better if anyone could attempt to edit a part of the vid & it could be either privately or publicly evaluated & compared with others & then the best one would take the prize.
Seems more convenient to me, anyways  :lol:
+ It would lesser the possibility of the editor dropping the project, 'cause there would be more than 1 working on it at the same time.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 10:16:16 AM »
Ok, d'accord, thanks for clearing that up.
Although, I personally think it would be better if anyone could attempt to edit a part of the vid & it could be either privately or publicly evaluated & compared with others & then the best one would take the prize.
Seems more convenient to me, anyways  :lol:
+ It would lesser the possibility of the editor dropping the project, 'cause there would be more than 1 working on it at the same time.

Well all the applications would be public, so although you wouldn't receive a package from the organisers/administrators, you could still try to edit them yourself. Just not as an official release :P

There's a lesser chance of it not releasing on time, but then you have to put yourself in the position of choosing the best edit. You can't pick it yourself, so you'd have to put it to a vote of the community with all the versions other people have edited. And then the sense of occasion is totally ruined, because you're having people judging the quality of the editing before it's even released, which isn't how this should work.

I want both inexperienced and technically skilled editors to try editing these videos. The main point is that they know how to properly edit and render videos, the editing doesn't have to be perfect. If you aim for that, then it loses the whole 'community' atmosphere. We've seen this with the organisation of previous community videos, where people feel they've been unfairly rejected. So, this way is still the best option in my opinion :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:21:31 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »
Great idea Mr SS. limit it to 10-13 stunts. :)

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 06:35:41 PM »
I like this idea of yours SS on doing "best of" videos. If I follow this would be stunts we've used in previous vids? Kinda like a "history of GTAStunting" thing?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »
Best of the old, best of the new. My idea is to take the essence of "The Best of GTAStunting", but produce it in a way that's more accessible, and easier to manage. I don't want it to be some elitist thing either, anyone should have a chance of getting in, that's why I want a vote system like this. It would show some of the best old stunts, and the best new stunts.

By having short videos as well, it just makes it that much easier for people to get into, especially those who know nothing about GTAStunting. And that's why I want a fair system, and a fair representation of the stunts that've been landed both in the past, present and future. I feel like if we made one long video, with one editor, and without voting based organisation, that it would be exploited by certain people. This way keeps it fun, fair, and removes all the stress associated with making such videos.

I wish I could have the time to organise it myself, because I know I'd do it right. I just don't think I have the time, and I don't know if people would have confidence in me anyway. I might consider organising it, but people would have to go with the rules I've presented. I hope it goes well though, whoever manages it :P.

Also if it were me organising it, I'd like to edit the first video, just to properly demonstrate the format I'm imagining. That's why I don't feel comfortable organising it in the first place, as I'm already editing both for my job and for my own videos. So I don't know what will happen :hmm:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:20:38 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 07:50:50 PM »
Would've been ideal if the one with the vision would've been the first to test the system, however.. I can see how it might be problematic.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 07:53:08 PM »
Indeed. If anyone wants me to do the first video, they would have to wait until July minimum. So if this is going to happen before then, it's without me. In any case, I think the plan I've laid out is a good one :)

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:18:27 PM by mateus »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 02:48:46 AM »
and btw, can i send the same stunt for another volume if it got rejected? just a doubt  :P

That's the idea, the only stunts I wouldn't allow would be modded, landed by somebody other than who submitted it, or one that's already been used in one of the 'volumes' previously. It would be good if people could follow a specific encoding standard, but frankly I don't think most editors on GTAS have the necessary knowledge to do it. It would be best if whoever organises this discusses it with the editor. They would figure out how they could best render out the video, and then do it that way. Even if it meant rendering at 640x360, that's the best way in my opinion :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:50:18 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Ѕcavenger

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 03:05:38 AM »
It's a good idea. But it has been tried before and it failed.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »
Not like this.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
SS, I had that idea to make it a collab from Digital+ members. We would split into several parts, 3 or 4, since it's a hell amount of stunts. I even got some of the oldschool/inactive stunters best stuff.

PM me in case you wanna help, but I intend to go ahead with our project.

E: You could confirm that I had the idea 2 years ago with Beat, when we wanted to pay Rechyy to edit it, or just ask petar where I wanted to confirm something about a Best of GTAs a couple of months ago.

E²: We are doing the SA one
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:34:08 AM by XTO »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal