Author Topic: The Best of GTAStunting: A New Concept  (Read 22724 times)

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
Re: The Best of GTAStunting: A New Concept
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
One per volume.

Let's see:

We have 10k members, being, let's say 200 active on a daily basis.

From 200, we have around 60 stunters in the Crew sections (let's consider that these are best ones around).

If you receive 60 replays + 140 from the rest of the ones, you'd have 1 replay from everyone.

Even though the chances of one of those 140 getting accepted into the best of is low, you'd still have the 60 best stunters around to have their stunts in every volume.

You'd just dominate the whole best of, and not to mention, that you would not even have the old school/retired stunters to be in the video, unless someone else submites their replays (I have a bunch, but I wouldn't do it because I don't even know if they want to).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:57:55 PM by XTO »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2012, 12:55:25 PM »
Because that's the essence of a community video.

Or you want to tell me that 40 guys are removed of a community video (trinity for example) because 5 guys sent 40 stunts that just obliterates the rest of the content?
This is a community video, but one where the community decides which stunts are accepted. A community collaboration video is completely different. If this were a community collab, then every stunt should be accepted that isn't modded/stolen/etc. Then it's up to the editor to make a good video, and you just have to trust them with choosing the stunts that allow them to realise their vision. That's fine, because that type of video is nothing to do with how skilled you are, it's about properly representing the community, across the whole skill range.

A best of needs to be about the BEST. It doesn't get any more simple than that. But at the same time, you need everyone to decide on what's the best, or you just have one organiser deciding FOR people what THEY think is best. It's totally wrong, and that's the last I'm saying about this.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:57:29 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
As I said, even if you get everyone to be in, you could pick the best of everyone, and not having to remove anyone from the video.

I got your point, and IMO it's wrong.

But seems that this discussion is 2-sided only. No one else is replying, whatsoever, it's not worth to continue with it. My opinion differs from yours and your system is nice in many aspects, but it is really bad conscerning the stunts you are going to use.

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54:39 PM »
There are like 10 - 15 really good editors.. ones with the most time registered at the boards who can each edit their shit... Guys that are probably active enough to complete this shit.

But lets be honest here. I think we need to define what exactly we think of GTAS best of... or are we working on the 9-10 year anny video for gta stunting? My idea is to show off vice... and US! Show out baby... with some clean ass stunts that have been landed. Regardless of the year, we know it's clean.

It would make sense to include people who are active NOW in this video!!! But truth be told the history of GTAS was made about 5 years ago.. and earlier. The talent from the beginning laid the way for what we strive to accomplish now. You should not be disappointed if absent from such a video have you joined in the past few years. Thats like calling yourself a war veteran in basic training. Yes you are part of the team.. but you weren't there to experience the start.

SS what it sounds like you want is a GTAS Weekly? :lol: Holla bro ;)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »
I just think this is the best way to do it, but I want it to be as fair as possible as well :P. I think it gives it enough time to get made if it's monthly, but quickly enough to keep it interesting. I would keep it going until people don't like it any more, or until the quality of the stunts drops. I've laid out my idea so, the admins should pick which they like best IMO, I don't mind which :)

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »
As I said in the first post, 2 staff members aprooved mine when I first suggested. I'll stick to mine and will organize it. Does not mean I'm being a dick towards you, I just have a different concept of this project and I do believe we should do both.

Either way, I can help you out with yours.

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:18:18 PM by mateus »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2012, 01:58:17 AM »
I agree, but at this point it's out of my hands now. The idea is out there. If people prefer my idea though, I ask that they consider letting me organise it, and edit the first video just to properly show the idea I've got in mind :)

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2012, 07:00:57 AM »
You should do a poll, with all the options about this

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2012, 10:20:31 AM »
I'll name mine "Best of GTAs.net Community" then.

And why not only Digital+? You said we are not clean editors, who told you that? Maybe you didn't see our recent stuff lols.

Either way, that would be our project and it seems quite fair that we edit it if we put all the effort.

Also, I invited other editors who are not in Digital+, just so you know.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
If it is the BIGGEST community project, Digital+ could NOT be the only editing crew which edits this. And it's a thing that you invited people, but in my opinion the personality of editors does not depend only on you. Let's give a chance to other editors.

And yes totally supporting this project, and also SS to organise it  :happy:

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2012, 10:53:23 AM »
I don't have any problems with getting people to pick other editors aswell.

Either way, as I stated in previous posts, my purpose in this project is diffent. Stick to yours, and I'll stick to mine. Just do them both, it's not like that would kill anyone.

I can even give it a different name to ours, since yours is only about skill, not the community itself.

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2012, 10:42:05 AM »
I'm really sorry for being aware of this now. How's the state of it?
I could only read the first post.

I wanted to say that this is a very solid and organized idea and I totally support it :)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2012, 12:36:30 PM »
If anything to do with it is being made, I know nothing about it :P

Offline Basiµm

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »