Author Topic: Private editing crew sections  (Read 7628 times)

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Private editing crew sections
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 02:06:01 PM »
Why can't you just use PM's? seems easier and faster. Because I get emailed everytime I get a pm, while if someone posts in the private I might never pick up on it lol. Seeing as this is a stunting forum I'd say a private section for one editing crew would be a kind of waste of space.

So when I want to let my crewmates let know about a new great artist I found I should pm them?

I get like 1 pm per day so it would disappear after a few days and then I would forget about it. In a topic it's no problem.

Sometimes we are busy and can't update our topics. Since we have other moderators that's not a problem neither.

Waste of space? Bwahaha. This is a very small forum I doubt it's space is close to the limitation.

Stunting crews need sections?
Why don't you make yourself a forum then or organize your crew videos via PM?

It's not like the "section" stunting crews are all the best nowadays. And even if they were exactly that. Why give them that space? :)

I think that this forum needs to calm down with their egos and accept people like me and Beat which developed over the time to "editing-only" (even tho I kinda stunt sometimes). Simply because we lost interest in stunting.

Many new stunters even started stunting mainly to edit.

But ok stay in your boring world until no one visits this forum in several years because stunting bores everyone and editing is still called useless.

Better edit your video yourself. Nobody cares about cam angles or a decent cut. Pls leave that fraps.com logo on top too. Amazing stunts & editing.

WAHAHAHAHWAH RAGE. Not really I am calm but my words sound different. Anyway good night.  ;)

Offline Veno

• ForbiddenElement.
  • Veteran Member
  • This sentance is a lie.
    • View Profile
    • Venomous`s YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »

well, i think it's tottaly stupid.
make one for gfx crews aswell :)
and for footbal players  :ajaja:

Are you a retard? Not the Venomous I know. GFX Editing Crews? Use msn because you are just 2 people in FE.

Football players? Has nothing to do with gtastunting you are just being stupid there.
Thanks for calling me that way, if i seem so to you, then so it be, never expected that from you.
i wasn't serious about that in mmy post, but oh well, excuse me.
and yes gfx is not so important as editing, i guess that's why i'm getting loads of requests every day :)

Offline lilj

• Veteran Member
  • techincal ?
    • View Profile
    • MY GTA SAN ANDREAS VIDEOS
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »
i guess i have to agree, i cant imagine a video without the editing that all you great GTAS editors do, you deserve it for sure

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 03:44:24 PM »
I dont see the point but i am not against it.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 05:25:34 PM »
What ever, GFX-ers and people who edits a video once in two years (which is the majority of the posts on this topic) knows nothing about this anyway.

Meh, I was in VisualProX while I was actively editing GTA videos and it was the same thing :P

Offline heisenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 05:43:15 PM »
I'm for it, I personally think the editors here are just as important as the stunters.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 03:24:34 AM »
Why can't you just use PM's? seems easier and faster. Because I get emailed everytime I get a pm, while if someone posts in the private I might never pick up on it lol. Seeing as this is a stunting forum I'd say a private section for one editing crew would be a kind of waste of space.

So when I want to let my crewmates let know about a new great artist I found I should pm them?

Why not? it's not like it's so much harder than going to your topic and posting it.

I get like 1 pm per day so it would disappear after a few days and then I would forget about it. In a topic it's no problem.

They are still there. I have maybe like 170 something pm's but they are still all there, I doubt it would go 100 days without you checking your email/gtas.

Sometimes we are busy and can't update our topics. Since we have other moderators that's not a problem neither.

I don't get this, if you have a private this would only make things harder. Cause moderators can't see private sections (atleast I can't) and then you would have to update your topics yourselves.

Waste of space? Bwahaha. This is a very small forum I doubt it's space is close to the limitation.

True, but my point was that I'd rather see that space filled with stunt related content.

Stunting crews need sections?
Why don't you make yourself a forum then or organize your crew videos via PM?

That's what we did, VR made our own forum and organized vids, and we used the pm system a lot. also msn.

It's not like the "section" stunting crews are all the best nowadays. And even if they were exactly that. Why give them that space? :)

We(VR) never WANTED a spot, but when offered why say no? It's not like I'm saying you won't ever get a private, if enough people want this to happen then it will happen.

I think that this forum needs to calm down with their egos and accept people like me and Beat which developed over the time to "editing-only" (even tho I kinda stunt sometimes). Simply because we lost interest in stunting.

Many new stunters even started stunting mainly to edit.

But ok stay in your boring world until no one visits this forum in several years because stunting bores everyone and editing is still called useless.

Better edit your video yourself. Nobody cares about cam angles or a decent cut. Pls leave that fraps.com logo on top too. Amazing stunts & editing.

I never said Editing was useless, I just don't think it needs a private section all of a sudden when it has been years without it.

WAHAHAHAHWAH RAGE. Not really I am calm but my words sound different. Anyway good night.  ;)

:3 Goodnight

Offline bluedagger

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 04:17:25 AM »
Editing Crews are a way to express something. Not just nametags.

Beyond Tomorrow is known as overeditors even tho it's not totally correct.

Digital+ is known for new style editings.

Escalated Violence is a crew full of experimental guys with cleaner editings.

Visual proX is oldschool epicness.

So fuck I love all of you who are against editing crew sections. Just because you don't dig editing crews you want to ruin our very importantly needed crew sections. We need those for easy sharing of editing stuff and music. Building up forums for that is useless due to inactivity.

It's not like you lose anything.

well, i think it's tottaly stupid.
make one for gfx crews aswell :)
and for footbal players  :ajaja:

Are you a retard? Not the Venomous I know. GFX Editing Crews? Use msn because you are just 2 people in FE.

Football players? Has nothing to do with gtastunting you are just being stupid there.

What do you mean exactly by saying the editing crews are a way to express something?

Also all the shit about the editing crews, I doubt 80% of the people here new any of that lol ^^

Im not against it though. Who cares, have your fun

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 04:50:13 AM »
Editing crews are jokes, for every reason they exist. Just felt like saying. Now shoot me.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 04:54:43 AM »
Everything besides stunting crews is stupid  :jajaja:

Offline Christian

• Digital+
  • ~ exLective.
    • View Profile
    • exLective Prod.
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 05:04:43 AM »
DIE LAMEEDITINGFAGS.

Offline Rok

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 06:05:50 AM »
I never get the idea of editing crews, i mean the purpose of stunting crews is to make a "crew" vid with everyone involved in it. But as for the editing crews even if they are like hundreds of members, most of the time just one editor edits. My opinion.

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »
I never get the idea of editing crews, i mean the purpose of stunting crews is to make a "crew" vid with everyone involved in it. But as for the editing crews even if they are like hundreds of members, most of the time just one editor edits. My opinion.

It's about sharing ideas, music, content and getting feedback on un-finished projects without making them public until the release. Also, it makes you closer to those persons as stunting crew do between their stunters.

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 02:05:17 PM »
cloudwalker, you're a cool person, but stop putting labels on BT, thank you. We're not overeditors, we're people full of ideas, which periodically result in overediting - but I can show you at least 5 examples of any other style you'd like.

And to all those who say that editing crews never really collaborate in a single video, I suggest them to take a look at "Nucleus" and "Extravaganza", as well as a few more videos were two or more editors are together on one project. I can say there is probably more coming in the future.

Oh, as for the sections: Don't care. Guess they could help out but I've had no problem contacting my crewmates via PM or MSN whenever it was needed. Not that I would mind it, but given that this forum focuses on stunting, giving editing crews the section would seem weird and unnecessary. However, since editing has become a great part of stunting vids nowadays I guess there could be no harm in it.

P.S. I'll put this up for discussion in the staff section.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:12:30 PM by PtRvY »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal