Author Topic: Reviews of stunt videos  (Read 13254 times)

Offline Fugitive

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fugitivesplace.3x.ro
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 11:27:58 AM »
My two cents, yap yap:

Case 1: If somone says: "Wow, awsome stunt", but actually the stunt was really easy, and the "review-er" doesn't know that, he will be amazed.

Case 2: But if someone says: "Looked easy", but actually the stunt was very hard (because of the runup, the bump etc), and the "review-er" doesn't know that, he will be bored, and if all stunts are like this one, he will give a shitty review.

Case 3: The stunt looks great and it was hard. The "review-er" will be amazed.

So, if someone re-do the stunt from case 3, he won't get a good comment, because the "review-er" saw it before and he won't be amazed, because the stunt is "old"...

That means people doesn't give positive comments about how hard a stunt was, but they give positive comments about how amazingly it looks and only if it was new.

That means all new guys that are coming here must watch a damn list of XXX videos and must download XX GB of vids just because to don't have old stunts in their vids??  People should stop giving pointless comments about new stunters' vids, like "I didn't liked it, all stunts were old". He's just a n00b and he needs practice and remember, you was a n00b too, so you should stop insulting, like a guy did some weeks ago:

HAHA!
U can't be seriouse!?
Worst thing i ever saw. And that music... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?
0/10
FFS, this community is going down, I bet that in three years, this place will be history. WTF people, wake up...

I don't know if you understood me, but you should.
[/end]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 06:24:45 PM by Fugitive »

Offline Docta Luv

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 12:26:24 PM »
I read you loud and clear Fugitive, and I agree.  This place can't last if people keep acting like such assholes.

It almost seems like certain vets, or as I like to call them 'lucky to have gotten here when they did' forget how different things were when they joined up.  Nobody can get through the fucking door anymore because of whatever prejudices vets have against new stunters.  Luckily there are places like gtastunters where stunting is still actually this word in our language we call FUN.  If I wasn't in a crew I swear I would quit because it's no fun stunting solo when all anyone does is shit on your work.  If you're in a crew, you got some friends who are there to cheer you on and such.

I'm pretty fed up with all of this elitist bull shit that's happening.  How about everyone steps off their high horses before this place goes to shit?  Like Fugitive said...we ain't got much longer at this pace.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 05:36:53 PM »
Quote from: Kert
Editing: Was ok, a bit too much maybe, but good job ost.
Stunts: Every stunt was old i think   so...but some were cool.
Music: Ok song i guess, Ost made it work.

Well...this was kinda avarage i think, i was expecting a lot more, stunts mostly...
This was for my solo Empty Hopes, about 4 stunts were old, and i hadn't seen the videos which the old stunts were in , so not only can you get shat on for not knowing you did a old stunt, sometimes its exageratted a bit :S, EVERY STUNT MY ASS!

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 05:50:50 PM »
It's quite simple on how I review videos. If the video has old stunts I say they were old but not in a full review thing. I just say it had some. Then I say to that stunter (if he is new) to DL more videos because quite frankly sometimes its like watching a re-run of a show. No one likes to watch the same show over and over, unless its really good. So even though a video might have old stunts i still say whether or not the stunts show how difficult they were.

Offline Kenny

• fuck
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 06:47:29 PM »
Fucking hell I told you why I did that crap. I wanted the stunters to watch more videos that I told in my review to see whwats new and whats old, and to tell them hte hard way that old stunts are bad, then they would find new stunts and they will be happier about themselves. I have a fucking 256k internet connection so its pretty fair for them to download the videos I have with their high ass connections. If someone has a fucking opinion of telling how a new stunter should improve you better tell it without being ignorant to my post, because its pissing me off the be ignored and being flamed in 3rd person.

Put it simple. I have my way of telling n00bs to download more videos and try harder stunts.

-end of file-

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2006, 10:45:32 AM »
i think it sucks when i find a stunt, not knowing if its been done, in a video i havent even heard of, cause i have a 15 GB video database on my comp, and i have seen all of these videos several times.

however, its not as impressive the second time you see a stunt, because the first time its like, woah, i can't believe he did that, and the second time its like, well we already know thats possible, but its still hard and looks cool

i think people who accidentally do a few old stunts should be given a break.

but if someone has been around here a long time and does a bunch of old stunts, they should probably be smacked.  lol

Offline MrC

• View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 02:18:05 PM »
well if someone is new to the stunting comunity the dont know whats old and whats not...

im sure many of my stunts are old, but i dont care about
the thing that makes a stunt vid is just the editing i think
if the editing is good it can be good even if there are old stunts in it

sometimes i try stunts ive seen in a vid before - for me is getting it the goal, not if it has been done by someone or not
as long as the stunt is good, or just looks good because of the right handling or spot of the camera - its ok

is the meaning of stunting not finding new things for your own and have fun? as shadowsniper said, if u dont know the stunts are old und dont know that
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 02:21:53 PM by Cr0sS »

Offline Link

• View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2006, 02:54:59 PM »
I have no problem if someone says:
"there was SOME old"

But if they say :
"All stunts were old"  and it wasen't he is a asshole

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2006, 03:38:51 PM »
Since when is stunting about impressing people instead of having fun?

Offline MrC

• View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2006, 04:04:54 PM »
well some guys realy impressing me... but i think they only wanted to have fun and share their stuff^^

Offline rekees

• View Profile
    • http://www.airisus.com
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »
awesome video man, i mostly pay attention to the stunts and barley about the editing tongue.gif I saw a lot of old ones, so id like to point them out just for the fuck of it laugh.gif

0:55: done by Werewolf
1:06: done by Enigma/Aenima from the slope before it, but I think yours is better smile.gif
1:22: done by Mike is that one Hungarian collab I think
1:37: done by BloodyHook
2:06: done by Falcon
2:12: done by Samurai and a bunch of other people
2:21: done by Nitzkit
2:30: also done by Nitzkit
2:50: done by Nitzkit & Aenima/Enigma
2:55: done by kaneda
3:18: done by ZeroX
3:39: done by Nitzkit
3:52: done by Daffy
5:05: done by a lot of people just can't point out who did it first
5:13: done by X, but I know you knew that was done but you did it just for the hell of it smile.gif
5:29: done by Werewolf
5:35: done by kaneda
5:47: done by Barney....

phew, I think we're done here. laugh.gif
ALOT of old stunts that I thought were amazing before, but not as much now sicne they were done already.
Good video all around 8/10 rolleyes.gif

LOL

that made me laugh

anyway on topic

i dont really care if i use old stunts in a vid... ive already gotten bad reviwes from the last 3 vids about my gfx...

but i guess as long as u can see the stunt, its alright...

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »
Quote from: Xtramus

We have a winner!!

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2006, 10:09:14 PM »
^    Tell em what he's won

Neo's on fire today  

Offline Barney

• Veteran Member
  • Adebisi's Hat
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2006, 04:08:23 AM »
awwwww, no, my e-feelings. :C

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reviews of stunt videos
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 05:37:21 AM »
Quote from: Xtramus
Stunting for yourself is for fun, making videos are to impress community

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal