Author Topic: Parangon  (Read 7408 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: Parangon
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 03:45:45 AM »
Review template available? If not I'll edit this later for the stunts but enjoyed it a lot  :) The clean editing felt a bit weird at the start because of the slow pace and slightly less interesting stunts but when that pace picked up the video almost felt too short. Some camera angles might not have showed the stunts perfectly but it made the video differentiate from others so I didn't mind that much. Rewatched it a couple times already so must've liked it  :P

Any tutorial on the Barracks script (seeing how there are no other cars and only that driving around)? And what is that 'stuck'(?) method used on the stadium stunt and finisher? Seems like they sunk into the ground a bit. Just an iBSM on the last one?

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 04:35:05 AM »
And what is that 'stuck'(?) method used on the stadium stunt and finisher? Seems like they sunk into the ground a bit. Just an iBSM on the last one?
https://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=71290.msg1369628;topicseen#new

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 06:21:09 AM »
Great video. Loved the natural bumps and the car grinds. Lost the freeway double grind. GJ and keep rocking.

Offline UndeadX

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 09:51:31 AM »
Intro: Absolutely love it. Unlike some others I really liked the concept of the video too.

1:30 - Doesn't seem to be hard, but looks good
1:44 - This one is old, but nice looking
2:03 - Pretty cool double bump with a long distance between the bumps
2:15 - Nice, looks like it would be impossible with a single bump due to the angle
2:29 - Cool freeway double grind, Plani lost this
2:49 - Landed this too while trying to land the higher roof, not sure if that is possible though
2:55 - Simple but clean double grind
3:06 - Decent mtb stunt
3:15 - This stunt is probably older than some GTA V stunters
3:24 - One of the highlights of the video, good idea and execution
3:41 - I wonder who landed this stunt ;) nice wallride with a tiny prec at the end
3:54 - Smart one, I like it
4:07 - This one is meh, it has been landed naturally
4:15 - Same as the previous stunt
4:24 - Ok, but there should be better spots to land with infernus p2bs
4:29 - Nice, but very similar to Sear's stunt (and Tacojoe's)
4:39 - Good to see the top of this roof getting landed more often
4:49 - Impressive. Never tried this stunt but it looks pretty hard
4:55 - Very nice
5:05 - Loved how this one was synced with the music. Very clever, hoping to see more stunts with this method
5:11 - Nice to see the highest roof here landed, could have been even better with a grind
5:20 - Best stunt in the video, just sick!

Editing: Simple and clean with enjoyable music, nothing to complain about.

Overall: I had a feeling this would be a french collab in some way and apparently I was right. Very enjoyable video and I'm happy to see those old faces still pushing it in 2020. A couple of old stunts and some fillers but there were also some real killers. Good job, and looking forward to act 2!

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 02:21:42 PM »
Next level video, amazing stunting guys. The concept of the video was great as well and I liked the kinda repetitive song and editing, too. For me, it was a serious and a very strong video.
About the stunts, I was surprised by some, maybe that bump on the turismo was the most shocking for me. What is this new method anyway? Did you just bump the bike on the finisher? I thought even flying over that thing that separates the two sides of the highway was not possible due to the short runup. Nowadays I see more and more stunts I don't really understand, I think I have abandoned stunting long enough not to be aware of all these new methods. However, I always welcome and enjoy these stuff  :P

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 04:21:53 AM »
watching with my mouth open
loved the anonymity... that finisher! didn't know you could reach the bump
AMAZING!

Offline Biel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 05:41:34 AM »
The concept of the video was really great in my eyes, I loved that intro, so simple and so well done, everything was perfect and the idea to introduce the "all-in-one" theme was amazing! Good job to Prog, I love your scripting skills dude ♥

I liked the anonimity, but I'd love to know who landed the MTBike wallride 2 lamp prec, I wonder who landed it :|
I was trying that LS highway p2b to white building some months ago, always knew it's possible, insane one, good job for who landed it. I think IceD won't like to see that stunt haha. Finisher was pwnage too, I remember IceD was also trying this one by using a tank to reach the wall. Flawless execution, dope! Looks like a burn stunt :ninja:

About the editing, I really enjoyed it, always good to see a stunting video with different genre of songs, the editing in the highway p2b and finisher were my favs :wub:
Looking foward for the act.2 :mellow:

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 06:57:21 AM »
Thanks UndeadX for letting me yoink this template

1:30 - Pretty cool looking, wallride adds a nice touch to it.
1:44 - Not really my style, doesn't really appeal to me.
2:03 - Actually looks pretty good. Nothing mindblowing, but aesthetically it's nice
2:15 - Pretty mediocre. The spot itself is old and just bonking to a higher part doesn't make it more interesting to me personally.
2:29 - Really nice, great execution too!
2:49 - Been trying to do that naturally with the tree, still not sure if possible or not.
2:55 - Pretty sure that's old. But still good looking. Double grinds always find a spot in videos because they are just that appealing.
3:06 - Landing is nice, but the method really isn't my thing.
3:15 - That I have definitely seen before. But I must admit I'm a sucker for P2Bs
3:24 - Great looking stunt. I'm awful at cabbie boosts, so seeing other people land such things is a super nice feeling
3:41 - Clever use of the Boxville. Insane landing as well. Really nice job!
3:54 - Really, really creative. Not sure if it was the intended landing, but I am a huge fan of that. Great stunt!
4:07 - Generic barrack bump in my eyes. Has been done naturally as well, so no wow-factor here for me.
4:15 - Nice execution. Cool to see more stunts that involve a Police Maverick.
4:24 - Pretty nice stunt. Never even tried Infernus P2B because it's such a tight fit. Nice looking stunt!
4:29 - Again, P2Bs, I love P2Bs!
4:39 - Nice execution. Perfectly landing the top!
4:49 - Didn't even know that was possible. This surprised me! Nice stunt!
4:55 - Crazy! Tank bumps usually don't appeal to me but this was probably the best Infernus Tank bump I have seen.
5:05 - Again, love the creativity of ramping the low Turismo to reach that bump. The spot itself isn't too impressive, but the idea behind it is fantastic.
5:11 - Cool P2B, pretty basic, but good looking overall
5:20 - Insane stunt. I don't want to jinx anything, but this seems like a qualifier for stunt of the year if you ask me. Superb stunt. Just wondering what the bike was for. Is it stuck to bump it or what purpose exactly does it serve here?

Editing: Didn't really like the music or editing, didn't really seem to fit for me. But at least it was clean and clear to see what's happening, which some video editors forget sometimes.

Overall: Fantastic video, some surprising stunts and fresh takes on older methods or spots.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 08:17:04 AM »
Enjoyed the video, not sure the 2.1GB file size was needed though?!

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 09:35:55 AM »
The finisher is burn, I can feel prog style when stunting

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 10:35:04 AM »
I liked the Frogland Heroes intro. It's always good to see scripted cutscenes. :euro:
In terms of stunting the LV university stunt with the tank bump was overdue - well done. Nonetheless, the finisher really stole the show. The overall level was sweet and I guess you guys still had fun putting something together in 2020. Song, editing and cam angles weren't really my thing. I think this could've used something more intense, but I'm sure you folks like it the way it is.

I've had that LS highway P2B laying around for 2 years already. I liked whoever's execution it was better tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEeaIc_a9zQ

Offline Prog

• Veteran Member
  • Boooing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 10:58:26 AM »
Thanks all !

Most of us have  leaving the stunt world for years, we really couldn't look for hours who were or not old. Burn less, but in 2020 it's complicated to go back on 15 years of stunt ... The pleasure of having shared this with 4 is far greater than the few flaws

Don't think you know who does what! we used the techniques of others to put you in doubt.
ALL the spots were COMMON ... thanks to the Powersave :)

About the turismo and nrg (finisher) questions, there is no stuck. Only the powersave which allows to reload the position of a second vehicle at each try. Like a rhino bump. But with lighter vehicles, it allows you to lengthen a jump without losing speed. > https://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=71290.msg1369628

Offline Avi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 04:23:08 PM »
wh was known from big airs missed it :(  there was a lot of nice stunts, lovely 3:54  :ajaja:   last 4 stunts were amazing tho  :mellow:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 04:27:10 PM by Avi »

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2020, 11:44:24 PM »
Great stuff! taxi boost 2 grind, mtb wallride 2 prec and the finisher stood out most to me
Editing was a bit bland but didn't spoil the stunts in any way, very enjoyable overall
looking forward to the next act :P

Offline CRYOSPHERE

• alias Guardian
  • Veteran Member
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2020, 01:47:04 PM »
Great stunts :wub:, editing sucked balls tho!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal