Author Topic: GTA V IGG2 (1.28), Freemode Events (1.29), Lowriders (1.30) - Stunting Changes  (Read 7230 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: GTA V ILL-GOTTEN GAINS Update: Part Two (GTA V 1.28) - Stunting Changes
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »
Umm. Is this gonna be a thing eventually or...?

Been busy with Evolve sorry, I'll write up when I have some time but essentially there's nothing to worry about :P.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: GTA V ILL-GOTTEN GAINS Update: Part Two (GTA V 1.28) - Stunting Changes
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 03:40:54 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but a new 73mb update came out for PC today. Updates social club and the GTA5 executable, no stunting changes.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Posting information for both IGG2 and the latest update in the same topic. Haven't tested much yet, but it looks like the Director Mode antifall bug has been fixed! :D

Offline OrangeW

• The unholy offspring of herp and derp itself.
    • View Profile
Posting information for both IGG2 and the latest update in the same topic. Haven't tested much yet, but it looks like the Director Mode antifall bug has been fixed! :D
GUYS I CONTRIBUTED TO GTA V

I DID IT

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: GTA V IGG2 (1.28) & Freemode Events (1.29) - Stunting Changes
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 05:37:20 AM »
I haven't tested on PC/XO, only PS4 :D. Here's hoping! By the way, I've checked the handling files, no differences. All I need to do is test the physics extensively, given that the files are very obtuse and possibly hardcoded.

Will also be making sure the new freemode events don't break stunting, such as "Hunt the Beast" via super fast movement (I'm guessing it's limited to player movement, as opposed to vehicles), and "Freemode Challenges" via distance challenges (wouldn't be surprised if they dynamically disable gliding for this event, would be smart). Finally, I will test transferring replay files between consoles and PC.

Now if anyone thinks of anything else beyond my usual testing, it's worth noting it down in the topic. I'll check it out.

UPDATE: Confirmed it, Director Mode is fixed on all platforms :D. So as of now, it's legitimate to use for stunting. Just use common sense in avoiding things like low gravity. Custom actors should be legit, but I think people might find it lame if they're used to do otherwise impossible handlebar/ass grinds, among other things. Good luck :Disgusted:.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:00:30 AM by VaNilla »

Offline OrangeW

• The unholy offspring of herp and derp itself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »
"Freemode Challenges" via distance challenges (wouldn't be surprised if they dynamically disable gliding for this event, would be smart)

Gliding isn't out for this event, everyone has 100ft with Zentorno, and there's him with Bati at 440ft.

You have 10 minutes to go anywhere on the map, and do a big air stunt, no limitations, so Mafia Gliding it is. 10k feet :D

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 11:21:11 PM »
With the Lowriders update coming today, this will have to serve as a mega topic for all the stunting changes across the last three updates. Sorry for not filling in these stunting changes topics as of late, but there hasn't been too much to note aside from Director Mode being fixed and the latest vehicles.

I have a complete set of notes on everything that's changed, but I don't have the time to translate them into a well-presented post at this time. This is confounded by how few people take the time to understand everything. Despite this, you can still ask me any questions about the Lowriders update when it's released. I'll get the topic finished when I have some more time :).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:30:25 PM by VaNilla »

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
I think you should just do the most recent which will be 1.30, there's not much point in filling up the others. Maybe just a summary for those two (1.28 & 1.29) then full version for the latest 1.30 :P

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Considered it, but there's vital information associated to each patch. Just helps organise where each change came from, especially when covering new vehicles.

UPDATE: It's out :).
UPDATE 2: I'll leave you guys some information on the new lowriders. The base handling files are exactly the same as GTAV 1.29 on all platforms, but physics still need to be tested in the game. What follows now is a comparison of the old vehicle variants (left) vs the new ones (right), with a little description of the differences.

Buccaneer

Same handling as original (suspension makes no difference). Suspension, seat offset and model flag differences to accommodate hydraulics.

https://www.diffchecker.com/6cttbncp

Chino

Slightly different handling. Very slightly heavier, very slightly higher acceleration, slightly worse traction. Suspension and model flag differences to accommodate hydraulics.

https://www.diffchecker.com/lkpng8od

Primo

Same handling as original. Model flag accommodates hydraulics.

https://www.diffchecker.com/pdyofmlw

Voodoo

Slightly different handling (VOODOO2 is original and VOODOO is new, unlike other vehicles). Very slightly higher acceleration, vastly reduced brake force. Suspension and model flag differences to accommodate hydraulics. Not sure what the handling flag does, but likely related to hydraulics.

https://www.diffchecker.com/j46unkgs

UPDATE 3: Handling data for the completely new vehicles, the Faction and the Moonbeam. From what I can tell the Buccaneer and the Faction are the best performing hydraulics vehicles, with the Faction slightly winning out for stunting. The Faction has lower drag and mass than the Buccaneer, and only 6mph less maximum flat velocity (140mph vs 146mph). This is just based on data though, still need to test in the game.

Faction (left), Moonbeam (right)

https://www.diffchecker.com/zqgpimc9

Buccaneer vs Faction

https://www.diffchecker.com/7bl4wyeq

UPDATE 4: Seems like FPS value affects hydraulics. Trying to jump on the spot many times in a row is much harder at 60fps than it is at 30fps, but doing wheelies while standing still or moving is much easier at 60fps than it is at 30fps. Controls are kind of finicky too.

UPDATE 5: Racing performance video. None of these vehicles are very good for racing but the Buccaneer Custom and the Faction Custom come out on top.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:05:20 AM by VaNilla »

Offline CloggedOpossum

• Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    • View Profile
Drifting is messed up now after the update. (not sure if you classify that as stunting) Anyways, you can no longer clutch kick to get your wheels to spin, which gives you an extra boost. Usually you downshift with the emergency brake right before shifting for that little boost, but now when you do it the car just revs up like its in neutral.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Yeah I've heard from this multiple sources now, not sure why it's removed though. Shame anyway, it has applications in other aspects of stunting too.

UPDATE: Video demonstration and rough explanation.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:29:57 PM by VaNilla »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
GTA V received an update on X360/PS3 today. The last update on X360/PS3 was 1.28 (IGG2), and the version number has been updated to 1.29. However, this is not the same as the Freemode Events update on PS4/XO/PC, since this merely fixes some bugs and updates anti-cheat measures via the GTA V executable.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/214491057--11-17-15-GTAV-Title-Update-1-29-Notes-PS3-Xbox-360-
https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/666583978355331072

I'll be checking this tomorrow to see if they fixed the T20's spoiler, and whether or not they made changes to stunting like bringing car gliding in line with PS4/XO/PC. This is likely the last update that will be released on X360/PS3, provided it doesn't break anything.

UPDATE: Nothing's changed. Car gliding's still in (:D), input ghosting still exists on motorbikes and bicycles, the mid drive speed boost still exists, and the T20's spoiler is still broken.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:00:41 AM by VaNilla »

Offline Slasher

• Goon Squad
    • View Profile
Lmao T20 spoiler still broken on last gen, GG Rockstar :a-cheer:

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Don't have time to update this, closing the topic.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal