Author Topic: World Record Discussion  (Read 13784 times)

Offline Ghost

• call me mr bedrock I can make your flinstone
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
World Record Discussion
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2008, 03:24:31 PM »
Quote from: VenomX
Instead of closing it, why don't we try some intellegent debating?
Good luck with that

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
World Record Discussion
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »
I agree on not allowing FL-OFF records anymore. But let the people stunt the way the want for fuck's sake. Someone likes to stunt with FL-OFF and someone else likes to stunt with FL-ON. Everybody can do whatever he wants , and release his stunt in his video. Wether the people like the video or not doesn't matter. If someone release's a FL-OFF video you say you don't like it , nothing more , no need to flame that person because he just does what he likes. Maybe he will change when you tell him you don't like it because he want's the people to like it , maybe he doesnt. It just doesn't matter. But for records there need to be straight rules , so that it is fair for everyone in both games.

Offline Krow+

• The Only Douchebag Allowed
    • View Profile
World Record Discussion
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2008, 04:08:53 PM »
I second KM, and I'll re-iterate(Is that the right word?). I say, FL-On should be the only the accepted by the WRs, but, I think that it should be generaly okay for a person to post a FL-Off video in the Un-modded section, because there is nothing modded about it.

Personally, I can't have more than 17 FPS in Little Havanna (on my laptop, which I've been stunting on for 2~ years).

Offline VenomX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
World Record Discussion
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2008, 04:11:02 PM »
I totally agree with KillaMarci  

Hell, people can stunt with frame limiter on or off in videos for all I care, but for the records, it will be sensible to keep it on.  This is merely to ensure continuity within the actual records.  Although changing the records to match the SA ones DOES seem a bit over the top, similarities between VC and SA have always existed, and that's why people choose one or the other.  Bringing them closer together at this stage isn't really what we want to happen.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
World Record Discussion
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2008, 10:47:38 PM »
Indeed.

These guidelines have nothing to do with stunt videos: they don't stop anyone from posting stunt videos in which they stunted the way they wanted to - frame limiter on, off, or whatever the heck you want. Nor are they a set of rules determining which stunt videos (or stunts) count as 'modded' or 'unmodded'. They ONLY relate to this section of the forums - single stunts submitted for possible VICE CITY record contention. Yes, the rules may seem too strict to some of you (although they really aren't), but its necessary, to create a fair and impartial system which provides a way for ANY stunter (who wishes to) to have a chance to get a record.

I still cannot figure out why some members see that changes must be made to these rules due to certain rules that exist in the San Andreas WR section - it's a different game, a different system, organised/run by different people.

If you still really do have issues with this, then at least, please, discuss them intelligently, and treat the other members with respect while doing so (AllBeast this does not exclude you - try to contribute positively from now on) - I'm sure if you can manage that, the people in charge will be happy to listen (as VenomX has kept this thread open for that reason).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal