Author Topic: Krypton - Oceanview  (Read 9642 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Krypton - Oceanview
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2020, 09:43:36 AM »
This video makes me want to stunt. Which I think is the biggest compliment I can give to a stunting video.
I don't think I am alone when I say I would love to see the name Darkstar/Simon pop up in a video once again. Have you completely abandoned the name Darkstar these days?
Maybe one day, if I ever start landing my spots  :|

As for the name, not really, it's still Darkstar on the Discord server for example. It usually depends how I'm feeling around the time of a video release, cause people usually ask what name to put.

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2020, 10:16:41 AM »
Best come back solo, no doubt! Almost every stunt had that "wow, such a clever find"-effect. Favorites were the opener, the finisher (and basically everything in between lol), the LC zebra boost, the nat drop bump gap in VC airport and that freeway crane landing.
Btw wasnt Hay's stunt landed (modded) by GDL?

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2020, 02:37:46 PM »
So glad this is out, one of the best solos of recent years, maybe ever. I loved how you kept posting new landed stunts every week, I was like no way, he landed yet another amazing one. I know shit about VC so opener is mindblowing for me, nothing similar is possible in SA. Prefinisher and of course the finisher were my other standouts. That finisher is a great example you can always find stunts at the most common places where every stunter have already sniffed around. The guest stunts were solid as well and I personally liked the song and the editing, too.
You surely haven't gotten rusty over the years, amazing comeback solo!

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2020, 01:17:56 AM »
 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2020, 05:33:18 AM »
sniffed around

this is hahhahaha

Offline bumpinghegehog

• Enne
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2020, 02:38:09 AM »
Dude this video is sick! Watched it like 5 times in a row!

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2020, 02:54:36 PM »
Opener 0:10 : Absolutely incredible. To even come up with the idea itself is for me fucking genius.
Drop bump 2 prec 0:19 : Mind-blowing. That is one fucked up bump.
PSM 2 grind 0:28 : I usually don't care much for PSM's set up in fucked up ways but I gotta give this one a pass. 
Drop bump 2 gap 0:42 : Beats CDarmy's dropbump from "Fracture" for damn sure. So fucking impressive.
Ramps 2 BB grind 0:52 : Love the idea but the execution was not really my cup of tea. But hey, look who's talking.
P2B 2 BB 1:05 : I can't imagine how difficult that must have been and it looked so fucking insane on camera!
Freeway bump 2 crane 1:14 : Holy shit! That was awesome, I gotta give it a shot, looks like a fun stunt!
[MaCi]P2B 2 BB 1:24 : Dis bomp stoopid.
Backbump MAG 1:32 : Never been able to perform a decent airgrab so I'm impressed.
Bump 2 grind 1:41 : Perfect grind! Lovely stunt.
[Nem]PSM 2 prec 1:56 : Cool find.
Bump 2:05 : Ah, I'm so glad you finally landed this! You must have tried this for a decade and I love the PUNCHY execution!
Boost 2 prec 2:18 : Looks extremely difficult, great job!
[Haywire]Drop PSM 2:33 : HOW is this not old!? I applaud the find and I envy your ability to stay cool after nailing it and doing that stylish stuff afterwards.
Bump wallhit 2 grind 2:44 : I'm sure it was a really, really damn hard one but it didn't live up to its potential.
CSM 2:53 : Now this one is one of my favorites. Again, the PUNCHINESS of the bump looks awesome and the angle must have been a bitch!
Finisher 3:13 : I actually thought it was old the first time I saw it but I stand corrected. It's an insane finisher and one that will be remembered forever.

Instant classic video. Editing was simple yet very tasteful and I fucking love the song choice as it felt like a "typical" old-school stunting video soundtrack. Brilliant. So fucking glad to be a part of this, thank you!  :D

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2020, 03:13:29 AM »
[Haywire]Drop PSM 2:33 : HOW is this not old!?
Well it's old :P Although it's unsure if it was done cleanly. And time to make a full review today, and of another video which I completely forgot to do it for  :euro: Will edit this later.

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2020, 05:52:05 AM »
Mindblowing Video.

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2020, 09:48:52 AM »
Thanks for being a part of the video and the full review MaCi :a-cheer:

@V: I also wasn't aware Hay's stunt was possibly old, but I know he wasn't aware of that either.

Wow 655 Youtube views in a week, not bad for a stunt video. Thanks everybody!

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »
Really good video, I loved first two and last two stunts, great finds. Editing was pleasant but the song was not my taste. I kinda wish you'd gone for a couple more banger stunts in VC/LC map, but I respect the hours you had put into this video anyways. I also spotted 1 old stunt, but you probably did not know about it: https://youtu.be/yqBQDBC400A?t=68

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2020, 10:06:16 AM »
Awesome video Krypton !

The openr and the second are just amazing and i really like your cabbie boost to prec at 2:19 :)

I really like the edit clean and pleasant to watch

Great job

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2020, 11:10:16 AM »
I also spotted 1 old stunt, but you probably did not know about it: https://youtu.be/yqBQDBC400A?t=68
Didn't know Ozibe beat me to the higher part no, thanks for sharing though it was a cool video I hadn't seen before! I had landed the lower rail with a shitty execution at 0:47 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOpuaqI5Du0&t=73s

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2020, 11:51:29 PM »
fuck this shit im out! awesome solo there man! the best  :wub:

Offline JustAdam

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2020, 10:00:53 AM »
Cool video, like Joep said: kinda old school type of edit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal