Author Topic: Is there justice in this forum?  (Read 8562 times)

Online AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Is there justice in this forum?
« on: January 13, 2023, 02:40:33 AM »
hello everyone, recently going to gtasdb, I saw that my solos were placed in the modded section, this "made me very happy." Now I have a question, when and who decided that the use of savestates is modding? was there any vote? or just some shithead said that this is modding, and his obedient dogs ran after him to repeat, it's just ridiculous

you can read on the internet, two examples from real life, for example about the skier Pauli Siitonen, and also about the athlete Dick Fosbury, they both used their methods in competitions to win, and no one took away medals from them, in the first case there was a division into types , and in the second, everyone began to use his method, but most importantly, no one took away medals from anyone

why am I doing this, even if there is a vote and my method recognizes modding by the total number of votes, my videos should still be considered unmodded, because when I released them there were no rules regarding savestate

honestly, it hurts me that I spent a lot of time and effort to make these solos, and now they are called modded, at least this is wrong
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 03:14:33 AM by AllBeast »

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
Re: Is there justice in this forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 02:58:29 AM »
Mixed thoughts about this

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 03:00:32 AM »
Get over it.

Online AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 03:05:46 AM »
Get over it.
haha okay, but then we should be friends again

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 03:08:55 AM »
I regret giving you that chance in the first place.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 06:37:58 AM »
I wouldn't classify save states as modding per se (at least when they're used transparently like in SIASIN), but I do think they should be separated into a different category from normal videos. The simple solution on GTASDB would be to list them into a new "Save States" or "TAS" category, then I guess everyone would be happy :).

UPDATE: I'm writing this a day later just to clarify that I do consider save states to be modding when they're used to fool people, to make them believe that stunts were landed without them. The term "modding" is semantically flawed though, these discussions should really be about whether something is legitimate or illegitimate. Virtual machines technically don't mod the game, they simply allow the VM's state to be saved and reloaded, but nonetheless, they do allow people to cheat by destroying the standard real-time conventions of stunting. That's why I don't enjoy watching save stated stunts, and generally consider them illegitimate - SIASIN is a little different because Jason mentioned he used them in the both the video and the title, making it completely transparent without hiding anything. That's the way speedrunning communities have handled it for decades, I suggest we do the same :jajaja:.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 10:15:42 AM by VaNilla »

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2023, 07:03:54 AM »
I wouldn't classify save states as modding per se (at least when they're used transparently like in SIASIN), but I do think they should be separated into a different category from normal videos. The simple solution on GTASDB would be to list them into a new "Save States" or "TAS" category, then I guess everyone would be happy :).
Simple as   :jajaja:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 07:15:18 AM by Herb »

Offline Sport

• Veteran Member
  • I love fat cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 07:39:43 AM »
+

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 08:04:58 AM »
Remove the " modded " tag on AllBeast videos now! He said it clearly - there was no rule against his method back in then so it's wrong.

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2023, 08:12:40 AM »

yeah this is fair

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2023, 09:22:00 AM »

i second this

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 09:54:15 AM »
gtastunting is dead, find a new hobby or a new game.

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2023, 10:18:22 AM »
modded tag for an unmodded video - thats a good way to kill the community even more :|

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2023, 10:28:34 AM »
I tagged them as modded along with SIASIN as we currently don't have a tag for savestate stunting. It was only for categorization purposes, a placeholder so to speak. Then again, I could just have settled with "Savestate stunting" in the description so it was a bad decision by me. Sorry about that, I've removed them.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:40:04 AM by MaCi »

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2023, 02:19:41 PM »
modded tag for an unmodded video - thats a good way to kill the community even more :|

False.

A good way to kill the community is to keep up this masquerade of the savestates method being legitimate. AllBeast said it himself before even releasing the first video, "Everybody will think it's modding." And he was right!

It can't be compared to clean, real time stunting, so it cannot be considered unmodded, correct?

If we were to talk about the community dying, we should probably look at how much activity the GTAS discord has seen since the "AllBeast bum buddies" took their leave. Everybody is sharing spots, chatting about old videos and sharing bike skins, posting memes, sharing excitement for the upcoming collab, we're all having a great time. Anybody's observation would be that the likes of AllBeast and co just have no place at GTAS anymore. The savestate method has very little to do with any of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal