Author Topic: Is there justice in this forum?  (Read 8556 times)

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is there justice in this forum?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2023, 02:34:08 PM »
modded tag for an unmodded video - thats a good way to kill the community even more :|

False.

A good way to kill the community is to keep up this masquerade of the savestates method being legitimate. AllBeast said it himself before even releasing the first video, "Everybody will think it's modding." And he was right!

It can't be compared to clean, real time stunting, so it cannot be considered unmodded, correct?

If we were to talk about the community dying, we should probably look at how much activity the GTAS discord has seen since the "AllBeast bum buddies" took their leave. Everybody is sharing spots, chatting about old videos and sharing bike skins, posting memes, sharing excitement for the upcoming collab, we're all having a great time. Anybody's observation would be that the likes of AllBeast and co just have no place at GTAS anymore. The savestate method has very little to do with any of it.
I still dont understand why you began to hate me again, as it was in 2007-2008, even if I troll people, it doesnt mean anything about what kind of person I am, and I dont do stupid trolling, but I try at least be a little inventive if you notice it of course
your attempts to catch me doing real modding are very funny and I laughed at them because you were wrong, if you were right, I would not mock you

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2023, 02:51:57 PM »
and I dont do stupid trolling,

Your current forum signature would show otherwise.

I know what kind of person you are. The kind where you truly believe everything you do is moral and well minded, and will keep telling youself the same things while shutting out what everybody else says. But it isn't your fault, you were just lacking right from the very beginning.

Remember the part where I said you would have tears running down your face? Well, how do the tears taste?

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2023, 02:55:17 PM »
and I dont do stupid trolling,
Your current forum signature would show otherwise.
This is not trolling, but the truth, isnt it?

Remember the part where I said you would have tears running down your face? Well, how do the tears taste?
I dont remember this sorry, can you remind me?

Offline .Dakar

• gta vc creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2023, 03:59:19 PM »
every stunt video is modded since "main.scm" is modified. messing with internal game files is modding i guess

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2023, 04:05:41 PM »
Modded or not, I really enjoyed the solo or AllBeast and followed by SIASIN which was a creative way to show how the savestates work to everyone .

Offline Airbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2023, 06:28:47 PM »
How did anyone not consider it modding?

It's not possible to open vanilla sa and do the stunts you did. You need savestates, a seperate tool from vanilla sa to do the spots you did. A modification. A mod.

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2023, 11:02:20 PM »
Dannye's is a mod aswell
Lots of people use cleo mods aswell

Thats why its a "weird" case

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2023, 11:43:47 PM »

It's not possible to open vanilla sa and do the stunts you did. You need savestates, a seperate tool from vanilla sa to do the spots you did. A modification. A mod.
savestates allow you to do only possible stunts, but save time

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2023, 06:19:13 AM »
every stunt video is modded since "main.scm" is modified. messing with internal game files is modding i guess

Correct. Which is why the term "modding" has never been used to describe exclusely stunts which have been influenced by changing game files.

Instead, it refers to basically anything that is 'cheating'. Trainers, handling, cheat engine, collision editing, now VM.

You can literally just change handling to give you optimal runups every attempt. So long as the stunt is possible naturally, it's just a 'time saver'.

Braindead argument.

In any case these idiots don't have any place here anymore. Banned from the discord, and from what I understand it's actually active with good discussion in their abscence. Now they're falling back to the forums to spam their nonsense. Time to get rid and move on.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 06:25:58 AM by DeathCobra »

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2023, 06:44:38 AM »

Correct. Which is why the term "modding" has never been used to describe exclusely stunts which have been influenced by changing game files.

Instead, it refers to basically anything that is 'cheating'. Trainers, handling, cheat engine, collision editing, now VM.

You can literally just change handling to give you optimal runups every attempt. So long as the stunt is possible naturally, it's just a 'time saver'.

Braindead argument.

In any case these idiots don't have any place here anymore. Banned from the discord, and from what I understand it's actually active with good discussion in their abscence. Now they're falling back to the forums to spam their nonsense. Time to get rid and move on.
i only see one idiot here and this is you, if you dont know what modding is, then shut the fuck up, and give chance other people to talk

Offline .Dakar

• gta vc creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2023, 10:13:13 AM »

Braindead argument.

i only see one idiot here and this is you, if you dont know what modding is, then shut the fuck up, and give chance other people to talk
dont be rude

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2023, 01:49:09 PM »
Its because people have different deffinition of modding

But I'll share my thoughts

Lets look at the deffinition of modding
Modding means modifying files/game

BUT dannye's is a mod aswell, but it doesnt affect physics, neither does VM.
 VM is rather a "cheat" than modding

I believe the data base shouldnt just add filters based on whats popular but rather on everything that gets released.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2023, 03:52:49 PM »
hello everyone, recently going to gtasdb, I saw that my solos were placed in the modded section, this "made me very happy." Now I have a question, when and who decided that the use of savestates is modding? was there any vote? or just some shithead said that this is modding, and his obedient dogs ran after him to repeat, it's just ridiculous

you can read on the internet, two examples from real life, for example about the skier Pauli Siitonen, and also about the athlete Dick Fosbury, they both used their methods in competitions to win, and no one took away medals from them, in the first case there was a division into types , and in the second, everyone began to use his method, but most importantly, no one took away medals from anyone

why am I doing this, even if there is a vote and my method recognizes modding by the total number of votes, my videos should still be considered unmodded, because when I released them there were no rules regarding savestate

honestly, it hurts me that I spent a lot of time and effort to make these solos, and now they are called modded, at least this is wrong
Kinda hard to have some rule in place relating to save states years ago when it was not considered to be a possibility at that time. It is definitely misleading to perform stunts using save states IMO. Is there room for TAS stunting? Absolutely. Is it unmodded? Absolutely not.

'when I released them there were no rules regarding savestate' - in the 1800s it was legal to own slaves in many places throughout the world, didn't mean it was morally right. I think you know yourself you were misleading people with what you were doing but still stormed ahead with it regardless.

I am rather enjoying your suffering, though, so please leave this unlocked, staff. Thanks.

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2023, 05:08:37 PM »
Its because people have different deffinition of modding

But I'll share my thoughts

Lets look at the deffinition of modding
Modding means modifying files/game

BUT dannye's is a mod aswell, but it doesnt affect physics, neither does VM.
 VM is rather a "cheat" than modding

I believe the data base shouldnt just add filters based on whats popular but rather on everything that gets released.

Brilliant let's have a 'Cheated' section as well as a 'Modded' section. Because that distinction obviously matters a lot.

Offline Jomra

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2023, 06:22:56 PM »
With savestates you're basically glueing your stunt together out of different bits that happened at completely different times. It's the same thing as splicing two replays together to make it seem like you landed a stunt when you didn't. Completely the same thing. There's a clear definition on what modded actually means.

A stunt is modded when there is any type of unnatural intereference between the start of the runup and the landing which can't be recreated in the vanilla game. (That's why anyone who says "Oh well dannye's script is a mod so we are all modders hehe" is a donkey, look at you you little donkey)

This includes changes to the physics AAND do you know what is also part of "physics"? think real hard you little shit.. TIME AND FUCKING SPACE. You're aren't allowed to alter time and space. Slowitdown is modding for a reason, you're altering the physics because you're altering fucking time.

Savestate stunts are unimpressive and modded. You're using a time machine. Time machines aren't legal!

I don't want to see your big air shit ass finisher where the landing happened three years after the runup was made.

A clean stunt is landed in real-time you little bitch!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal