Author Topic: [TAS] THE SIASIN VIDEO.  (Read 6624 times)

Offline ozibe

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: [TAS] THE SIASIN VIDEO.
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2022, 12:33:35 AM »
love it. My brain is bleeding when i see your grinds combo  :wub:

Offline khaimyk

• alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2022, 07:44:41 AM »
OMG  :cheersad:

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2022, 12:30:37 AM »
This was genuinely entertaining due to several reasons mentioned earlier:
- on its own it was a brilliant video and it was so satisfying to watch perfect (or beyond perfect) stunts being landed
- it was transparent as you put it there obviously that TAS is being used here
- it was such clever 'parody' of Allbeast's solo, I also have to say this one topped it for me, at least the VM thing was exploited much more IMO (not a VC expert tho, but it was just more enjoyable)
- the interludes were also great, funny and made the video even better
- same is true to the song as well, it was so fitting

Overall it was one of the best vids lately for me and I would like to see more stuff with TAS being transparent about it. Because seeing 'perfect' stunts is always good, and if you land something that's so hard it's practically impossible, then nobody loses valuable spots so at the end of the day we can just enjoy stunting on a whole new level.
I remember checking Allbeasts video where he introduced this thing and based on that I'm not sure that DOING stunts with VM is particularly enjoyable, I mean cutting stunts into several pieces. But the result is indeed oddly satisfying so as a viewer I want more  :D

Offline MV

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2022, 12:56:39 AM »
https://youtu.be/fr264ZeoQvM

I had too many tics in the outro with my final thoughts so I cut it, but this video was definitely an appropriate usage of savestates for most of the stunts here. A lot of over-the-top ideas that are unfeasible for dedication of thousands of hours. This video should set the bar - not the maximum, but the minimum, of TAS purposes imo. Keep possible stuff un-TASed :)

Still mixed feelings on the concept altogether but hey, it's just not for me, though cool to see when used appropriately :happy:

Justified Prodigy utilization :euro:

E: I agree with Vanilla on all fronts. I'm glad to have transparency finally with the release, though hopefully nothing feasible will be savestated; preferably all stunts would be these obnoxious grind combos that keep going and going and going.. there were a couple of ideas that could've been nailed with some dedication and would have been worth it.

Clean editing and great presentation.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 01:38:04 AM by Nerve »

Offline Insan

• freeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2022, 04:22:24 PM »
Late but here I go:

Good edition, the truth is that lately they are seeing works of art by the guys from VC which is great.
I do not detract from this video, not at all...
Grinds, combos, edges everything looks good, the only thing that suffers is the moment in which you come out of a grind and fall or just continue with another grind  , but when it slides it looks fresh!
Good decision making in the scene changes and you take 10 points here.
Music, very good, nothing to criticize.
I think they have already said it but in the part where you take out the weapon it looks very good and fluid, that's good!
Excellent, man!

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2022, 08:33:17 AM »
killer editing with a killer soundtrack. Love your creativity using 3d in the short interludes, it doesnt interrupt the video but feels like its meant to be there  :jajaja:

Offline .Dakar

• gta vc creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2022, 07:25:16 PM »
pretty cool

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2022, 08:26:43 PM »
What the hell is a saved state? This was fuckin crazy.

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2022, 06:32:19 AM »
This video was absolutely crazy. Really shows what is possible to do in stunting if only you are lucky enough. I wish we could leave this virtual machine and saved state bullshit behind us, but I fear that in the future people are still going to abuse it.

I love the shiny ass gold bike and all the interlude work. My favourite stunt was the ledge grind around the corners switching from front to back. It is so pleasing to see. The combo in the LS was also insane. The little bump the bike does on the finisher is just too perfect, even for a TAS video!

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2023, 06:53:22 AM »
TAS, VM.. can someone enlight me please? :euro:

it was a jawdropping video anyways, those grinds were mmoah  :wub:

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2023, 07:45:03 AM »
Basically he could save his game so when he had a perfect runup or perfect bump he can just make a save and load if infinitely so he always has the same runup or bump or whatever same applies with grinds

Offline imbaA

• I love rhinos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2023, 06:37:07 AM »
TAS means Tool assisted speedrun in speedrun community. We can say Tool assisted stunts for this video i guess?  :hmm: VM means virtual machine? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Angle.Fire

• Veteran Member
  • Never Mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2023, 09:07:20 AM »
TAS, VM.. can someone enlight me please? :euro:

it was a jawdropping video anyways, those grinds were mmoah  :wub:
TAS means Tool assisted speedrun in speedrun community. We can say Tool assisted stunts for this video i guess?  :hmm: VM means virtual machine? Correct me if I'm wrong.

VM stands for Virtual Machine. The software is used to virtually host an operating system (windows,linux etc) with given specifications of choice. And VM software has a feature called "Save State". It can save current state of the operating system (RAM) to disk and you can go back to that exact moment if you want. It's mostly used as a backup when you're upgrading the software reside in that machine. So you can go back to normal state of the machine if you're having trouble.

That method is used for Vice City stunting that acts as "checkpoints". Say you had an excellent runup so you pause the game and create a save state. Then you go back to that exact moment if you fail. That way you can peform amazing stunts which normally wouldn't be able to happen in one-go. Thus it's called TAS (Tool Assisted Stunting).

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2023, 05:28:40 PM »
Have I ever told ya about the best video regarding the editing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRHVpBdlhh8&ab_channel=InckKkGaming

or did I?

You have somewhat an editing style which I really enjoy. After all these years you have somewhat a distinct style and keep up with it. At least I would like to see your editing.

Stunts were good, I remember some tens (feeling old) years ago was thinking about some of theses tunts, but you blew it with grinds.

Nothing to remember about my opinion here? I do believe that I will again forfeit GTAS, but as well as I'm here, great job Jason.

LOVED IT

rewatching 404
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 05:41:20 PM by Ed »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal