Author Topic: Barney - Cenotaph  (Read 23814 times)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Barney - Cenotaph
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2022, 01:49:04 AM »
Stunts were top-notch, and I particularly enjoyed all of the grinds. The way the stunts were laid out in the video was sweet, with the distinct middle phase introducing the massive airs to the temporary easing of the music. I must say my absolute favourite part of the entire package came from that approach: the ending and transition from that middle part into start of the final part - I'd say from 3:25-3:45 - the stunting, camerawork and editing all came together in such a satisfying way (and I loved the look of that roll of the camera as the bike heads into the psm). All of the camerawork was super cool (it's awesome how much Darkstar's tool completely opens things up for camera options!), making for a great pairing with the already great stunts - with another highlight for me being the airport-sign-2-fence-grind and the way the camera looks following along behind it.

Outstanding work from both of you!

Offline Airbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2022, 03:28:15 AM »
Loved it. Editing was great, stunts were killer.

Hope you'll stick around some more man.

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2022, 05:15:05 AM »
First post updated with link to the saved stream of the director's cut.

Thanks for everyone's kind words so far. Share with your friends!

Offline bumpinghegehog

• Enne
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2022, 06:05:03 AM »
https://youtu.be/HwcJF0yII7w

First time making a reaction video, so a little cringey. Thank you for this treat!

What are the odds of you wearing that shirt  :lol:

It must mean it had to be like this.

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2022, 09:29:10 AM »
https://youtu.be/8HV-s20_3Sk

I can not be sure about the usage of VMs even with the replays on the table, if you have a good PC chances are you will not have any lag or frame skips, so I cant say if this should be solo of the year. If Barney used VM (and probably Haywire "sparked" his interest for stunting this way), you should praise All Beast.

If we put my doubts aside HOLY SHIT that was epic. Loved the bigairs, I can not imagine how you kept coming up with ideas of landing holy roof after holy roof. Indeed there were lots of stucks but fuck it, you cant land new big airs without the usage of them in 2022.

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2022, 10:15:47 AM »
Live Revew:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1660834382

Goodjob to everyone involved !  :wub:

Offline jeff

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2022, 10:49:59 AM »
Brutal

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2022, 11:05:32 AM »
You know it's a special day when Barney drops a new solo and knowing it's 2022 this came as the biggest surprise yet.
Unbelievable stuff once again, I simply love that some of your stuff remind me to the beloved SA stunting. Technical stunts or bigairs, you own both territory dude. Your vision and dedication to this old game is just remarkable.
My favourite stunts are:
- bridge doublegrind uphill with the 180 degree spin inbetween
- back tankbump
- double grindcombo at 1:35 - also, incase camera work on this!
- both grindcombos at Cherry Poppers Factory - can't even tell which one is better, two of my all-time fav VC grindcombos for sure
- SSM to the yet unlanded roof at 2:45, just holy shit
- p2b2ledgegrind on the Airport building, flawless execution
- PSM2wallkick2grind with MAG at 4:20, I am no expert of VC stunting but this one looks hella hard
- PSM at 4:30 because of that runup
- trashmaster bump 2 antenna prec - my fav bigair in the video, it was so unexpected and yet another unlanded place. I love how the precision stands out from its enviroment, a really spectacular stunt. Oh, and that angle too..

What's also remarkable that the majority of your stunts are simply perfect, they cannot possibly be bettered. No further or higher roofs, no additional grinds could be added, you always go for perfection.

The editing was something new, good job Jason for utilising what's possible with the current set of editing tools, it was very cinematic throughout the video.

We usually never know when/if Barney comes back with another banger, so let's wait patiently and pray for it to happen again. As for now, thanks for the experience once again.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2022, 02:24:36 AM »
Little review by me.

0:30 - Dam double grind: Nice find, never thought about the double grind. Liked the execution.

0:40 - Wallbonk to court house: I love wallbonks like these, seems hard! Rainbow told me its old tho.

0:47 - Curb bump to ledge grind: Fucking loved this grind, never thought about reaching the ledge from this direction.

0:58 - Drop wallride to grind: Also great find, gj.

1:05 - Bridge double grind: Sick grind! the execution was great.

1:14 - P2B to apartment block: Have tried this for like 10-20 minutes, but only form one tree earlier. Good to see this landed!

1:24 - Back tankbump to apartment block: I think my favorite stunt of the video, didnt know this was possible! Good fucking job.

1:32 - Airport wallride to grind: Nice and flawless execution.

1:44 - Drop to quad BB grind: Reminds me of the drop2carpark grind from unusual cruelty. Loved the execution aswell!

1:54 - Cherry double grind on BB: Tried this, good job nailing it.

2:05 - Drop stoppie to grind: I cant do those, Nice find.

2:22 - Grind to ledge to box prec: SICK, The double grind and the prec are defo hard as fuck. GJ.

2:42 - Skimmer bump to high ledge: Legend! Never thought about a CSM/Skimmer setup.

2:56 - PSM to Hyman stairwell: Now the grind! :P What were the stats? Impressive!

3:05 - Oversized back tankbump: Had this spot for years, didnt land it because i thought it was easy...

3:14 - Skimmer bump by the water: Thought about this approach, but didnt find a way. Good stuff! the execution was very nice.

3:25 - Icecream bump to prec: Using the icecream is smart. Good job.

3:34 - PSM MAG: Loved this one! Nice way of landing this roof/part! The MAG is defo hard i guess.

3:43 - PSM grind bonk grind: The double grind and execution makes this a fantastic stunt. GJ.

3:53 - P2B airport ledge grind: Defo my favorite stunt. 10/10

4:05 - Skimmer bump Moist Palms: Great approach of landing this roof! I have to try this one :D

4:15 - PSM MAG to grind: Not my favorite, but Fucking Hell, hardest stunt of the video i think.

4:27 - PSM hotel prec: Finally! fucking finally. 10/10

4:38 - Trashmaster bump to radio prec: OMG, I really have thought about this approach, but coulndt think of the right vehicle. Good Job! Excution is sweet.

4:47 - PSM to ship antenna prec: I think everyone thought about this spot. Still amazing job, getting it. I cannot imagine how much effort this one needed.

Music:
Barney style. Good song which fitted with the stunts.

Editing:
Haywire, you are a machine and i can smell the dedication and effort you put into it. I didnt see an edit, so good for a long time.

Note: Barney, you pushed and changed stunting again. Your dedication and creativity truly amazes me.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2022, 07:32:06 AM »
the camera work was really a let down and brought the video down, i literally cant see shit and everyting looks like bugged freeplay cameras
i hope there will be a re-edit of that because the stunts seemed to be top quality (maybe except for the first minute or two)
and nice execution of that idea with white and red variations of the textures

It's really funny that it's 2022 and people feel the need to make burner accounts to leave negative feedback lol, given that absolutely nobody else had issues seeing the stunts and 99% of the feedback for the camera work is positive maybe you're due an eye test.

Exceptional production from start to end, the mindset to be able to find spots like those and the routes to take are fucking brilliant. In a way it almost feels like a culmination of events leading up to this point, pushing the boundaries of whats possible with both stunting and editing in the same way UnorthodoX shook up the community 15 years ago. Personal favourites would be the AP P2B 2 Grind and the PSM wallkick MAG 2 Grind, one of the few times I've genuinely been lost for words at a stunt video.

I'd write more but lets be real the video speaks for itself, fucking outstanding to both of you.

Offline Herrarge

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2022, 04:19:00 AM »
Still pushing the limits near 2023. Absolutely mad.

Offline legendz

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2022, 03:23:34 AM »
Oh man this will take some time...

Ok so first of all thanks both of you for this experience, this is why I'm stunting honestly, to see these kind of just insane videos, people motivate each other, it's a beautiful thing :wub:

My fav stunts:

0:47 - Curb bump to ledge grind: really appealing approach, nice stunt
1:05 - Bridge double grind: always nice to see a sexy double grind and this is not an exception! bravo bravo
1:14 - P2B to apartment block: big p2b, the cam angle is fantastic here and I'm a fan of the apartment block rooves so gg
1:24 - Back tankbump to apartment block: again, I'm a fan of these apartments, nice stuff
1:32 - Airport wallride to grind: very nice doublegrind with a lovely rotation niceee
1:44 - Drop to quad BB grind: I love this!!! I love multiple grinds and these bbs were made for that for sure
2:22 - Grind to ledge to box prec: this is amazing, one of my favs from the video ;D everything fits together
2:42 - Skimmer bump to high ledge: I was curious after this video about some rooves how high they are and damn.. this is very high, good fucking job!
2:56 - PSM to Hyman stairwell: This has a surprise factor because I didn't fucking know what to expect, amazing!
3:14 - Skimmer bump by the water: I think this is my fav bigair stunt here just because how clean it is and this building is just sooo cool to see it landed, every-fucking-time. I wish I could have seen it from the player's perspective too tho. Either way, the cam angle is very nice here too.
3:34 - PSM MAG: just pog man, seriously with a mag? damn
3:43 - PSM grind bonk grind: Best double grind in the video, hats off master :jajaja:
3:53 - P2B airport ledge grind: Holy shit, you can grind that??? Astonishing :o
4:15 - PSM MAG to grind: Again, mindblowing...
4:27 - PSM hotel prec: This is HUGE TOO. I can not really say anything anymore, just sick sick sick
4:38 - Trashmaster bump to radio prec: I'm a fan of antenna/radio precisions, especially these ones. Amazing! :wub:
4:47 - PSM to ship antenna prec: Well deserved finisher, that prec is so tiny, it's INSANE!

Briefly about the tool: Hmm I'm very curious to dig myself deep into this tool, but honestly just if it will have a version for san andreas somehow :P So my questions are: Is is possible? And if yes, will we have an opportunity to use it? It would be fucking awesome :D However, props for Darkstar for making the script and Jason for making these cameras happen in action, awesome stuff, cool people :mellow:

Editing: Very lovely camera angles, as I said, it will be a game changer for sure. I loved most of them, I didn't like just a few that didn't really have movement or just because it didn't follow the player character that pricesely. I'm sad you didn't use that many visual effects, but it's kind of personal, because I'm just a guy who likes spectacular and fancy visuals happening in each frame :rolleyes: I loved the transition on the bike tho, it's clean as fuck, well done! The weather and bike swaps were pretty cool. I love the white and red variations of the bike, tbh I prefer them more than the usual barney bike hehe. Atmosphere was great, I liked your approach at 3:35, when the song get heavy again, as well as at 4:05 on that slow breakdown, fucking najsss :a-cheer:

Song: It was a very good song actually, I'm not really into gojira tbh, but this was a great song, definitely fitting and as I said, the breakdown part was very nice, it was my favourite and actually I liked the chill part a lot too.

Overall? I guess 9.5/10 cuz definitely top tier stuff stunting wise, editing was clean too, but some stunts felt just mediocre and not that good looking compared to the rest. Basically 80% of the vid was just pure craziness, but some stunts were not as good as others. I prefef showing the best, instead of showing "meh" stunts and brutal ones in the same video. But still, this was full of bangers, I can't complain I get obliterated by those stunts and it's crazy to see barney in 2022 ;D

So yeah, amazing work guys, this right here is a legendary video! Thank you, cheers!

Offline DaredevilX

• XTRMNTR
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2022, 06:03:17 AM »
Classical Barney awesomeness!
Classical Jason editing masterpiece!
Amazing camera angles!

This is the type of shit I'm always thrilled to watch! Good job boys.

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2022, 01:33:24 AM »
Triumph of the Will

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2022, 07:10:18 PM »
Nov 21, 2022 - Haywire single-handedly destroys the rewatchability of any stunt other video.

Will give a more detailed comment later.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal