Author Topic: Enough of this slow-mo bullshit  (Read 7187 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Enough of this slow-mo bullshit
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 12:08:35 PM »
I find myself in agreement with everything you said :mellow:. But I'm not talking about the common denominator. In all my years of stunting, the average player has never been the one to push forward new mindsets and/or methods into action. My problem right now (and as you rightly said, it's all subjective), is that people paint every stunt with the same kind of brush.

It doesn't matter if your stunt is impossible without slow motion, or if the stunt would take 30 hours of quick loading to land without the ability. You still have people saying it's "lame", or that they "wont watch it". If these people had played with the ability as much as I have, I highly doubt that they would be saying these things. There are bumps, grinds, wallrides and car bumps that are completely impossible without the method. And this extends across the board.

My point is this. Wait until you see what people can really do with the ability, and then maybe you'll change your mind. And if you don't, try landing those top level stunts on consoles without the ability. Only then will you truly put your line of thinking to the test.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »
^or you can stop commenting on how everyone should "wait and see", and just show us already?  :cc_detective:

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »
I find myself in agreement with everything you said :mellow:. But I'm not talking about the common denominator. In all my years of stunting, the average player has never been the one to push forward new mindsets and/or methods into action. My problem right now (and as you rightly said, it's all subjective), is that people paint every stunt with the same kind of brush.

It doesn't matter if your stunt is impossible without slow motion, or if the stunt would take 30 hours of quick loading to land without the ability. You still have people saying it's "lame", or that they "wont watch it". If these people had played with the ability as much as I have, I highly doubt that they would be saying these things. There are bumps, grinds, wallrides and car bumps that are completely impossible without the method. And this extends across the board.

My point is this. Wait until you see what people can really do with the ability, and then maybe you'll change your mind. And if you don't, try landing those top level stunts on consoles without the ability. Only then will you truly put your line of thinking to the test.
That is the responsibility of the people who chooses to use the slow-motion ability and making the viewer swallow something they don't like the taste of is a way of forcing ones opinion, even if it's coming from a place of kindness.
And so far, there's been few stunts that have been far between that has made an appealing non-crutch-like use of the ability.

I hope you can the one to open our eyes to it as actions does speak louder than words.
And I know you have done some godly shit, I just hope you bring yourself to release it this time and not get caught in the presentation as I think the content speaks for itself.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 12:16:18 PM »
^or you can stop commenting on how everyone should "wait and see", and just show us already?  :cc_detective:

I'm not writing monologues here. I'm talking about the community as a whole. But you already know that :happy:.

EDIT: Frankly Daffy, I'd have this GTA V video out right now, if not for some real life events. But I'm not making any promises, just know that what I have done is worthy of my motivation. I haven't played the game in about 3 weeks, but I'm going to get back into it shortly :ajaja:.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:20:09 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »
All you do by banging on about the slow motion ability is make yourself look fucking ignorant.

Pfffff fuck that elitist bullshit

I can say that I think a stunt looks like shit simply on the basis that it was slowmo'd almost the entire time, that doesn't make me ignorant. How visually appealing a stunt is varies depending on personal taste, you don't need to be an expert to have an opinion on slowmo.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 02:25:59 PM »
All you do by banging on about the slow motion ability is make yourself look fucking ignorant.

Pfffff fuck that elitist bullshit

I can say that I think a stunt looks like shit simply on the basis that it was slowmo'd almost the entire time, that doesn't make me ignorant. How visually appealing a stunt is varies depending on personal taste, you don't need to be an expert to have an opinion on slowmo.

I also think it looks bad if something was slow motioned for the majority of the stunt. What I'm saying is that if you paint every slow motioned stunt with the same brush, being that it's lame because of the slow motion, then I think that's ignorant towards the purpose of the slow motion ability. You might dislike it, but it's well within the rights of a stunter to use it as necessary, without being chastised on the basis that it slows everything down.

That's hardly an elitist viewpoint. I'd argue that it's the opposite.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:29:35 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 10:48:05 PM »
Stunting is serious business.  :euro:

This thread was made to point out the exact opposite lmao

I was being sarcastic...