Author Topic: Ask ATS  (Read 319482 times)

Offline Firelance

• View Profile
Re: Ask ATS
« Reply #2490 on: August 04, 2010, 02:10:18 AM »
My question is why do you guys have to be so damn good at stunting.  :lol:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: August 04, 2010, 06:59:11 AM »
To Neo and Kan: planning a duo?

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Board Mods
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: August 04, 2010, 03:32:14 PM »
I wouldn't say we are so damn good at stunting. We do put in the time to try to get stunts that we'd really like to get. What I mean is we do stunts for ourselves, stunts we really wanna do. That people find them enjoyable to watch is a bonus.
I haven't spoken to Kan since Absurd. I have a solo I just started working on but no collab.

Offline Raskal

• Furniture Cadet
  • Veteran Member
  • I like stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: August 04, 2010, 09:23:10 PM »
I wouldn't say we are so damn good at stunting. We do put in the time to try to get stunts that we'd really like to get. What I mean is we do stunts for ourselves, stunts we really wanna do. That people find them enjoyable to watch is a bonus.
I haven't spoken to Kan since Absurd. I have a solo I just started working on but no collab.

Can I send a guest stunt for your solo?

Offline Madmax

• Board Mods
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: August 06, 2010, 05:13:50 PM »

I think it's more patience than skill. Stunting for me is mostly having the idea. let me explain.
When I want to start making a video and I am fresh out of stunts what I do is watch videos and merely drive around VC. I hunt inspiration, things that haven't been done before. I also take time to think of absurd things. No one had ever thought of stunting with pizzaboys/faggios, no one had ever put an ambulance on a roof, no one had really thought of bumping freeways onto roofs .etc

For me, it's mostly about doing what people have never thought of doing and trying to do it. In videos you see successful attempts but there are very many things that I've tried that just downright failed. Some things just dont work. Krail to grind on a pizzaboy took weeks and hours of trying per day. Stoppie triple airgrab still hasn't been landed after months of trying (and then not playing anymore).

I can't speak for the others but in my case its not skill, its trying over and over again. Taking what I do seriously (perhaps too seriously), taking the time to sit down and think about how to do things, how to land. Taking the time to learn how the physics in the game work so I know what to press at the right moment.

I go to university now, I have a girlfriend, I don't have time to dedicate myself 100% to stunting and that's why you haven't seen me do it in a long time. It needs the vast majority of my attention to be done right.

Offline Firelance

• View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: August 06, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »

I think it's more patience than skill. Stunting for me is mostly having the idea. let me explain.
When I want to start making a video and I am fresh out of stunts what I do is watch videos and merely drive around VC. I hunt inspiration, things that haven't been done before. I also take time to think of absurd things. No one had ever thought of stunting with pizzaboys/faggios, no one had ever put an ambulance on a roof, no one had really thought of bumping freeways onto roofs .etc

For me, it's mostly about doing what people have never thought of doing and trying to do it. In videos you see successful attempts but there are very many things that I've tried that just downright failed. Some things just dont work. Krail to grind on a pizzaboy took weeks and hours of trying per day. Stoppie triple airgrab still hasn't been landed after months of trying (and then not playing anymore).

I can't speak for the others but in my case its not skill, its trying over and over again. Taking what I do seriously (perhaps too seriously), taking the time to sit down and think about how to do things, how to land. Taking the time to learn how the physics in the game work so I know what to press at the right moment.

I go to university now, I have a girlfriend, I don't have time to dedicate myself 100% to stunting and that's why you haven't seen me do it in a long time. It needs the vast majority of my attention to be done right.
Totally agreed MadMax.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: August 07, 2010, 01:21:41 AM »
madmax  :wub:

Offline sony

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: August 13, 2010, 12:38:37 PM »
Yesterday I watched Forever by Nightkid (I know back then he wasn't in ATS but Vert isn't really active so I'd like to post it here). It gave me a huge motivation, again.
The song he used with that editing and the atmosphere he gave the video is amazing in my eyes. Also there are some stunts that are still awesome, not even talking about them back then. That video is a masterpiece, I've always loved your stunting man.
Anyone knows how is it going for him?

Offline Nitzkit

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: August 14, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
Just skip my question... And Nitzkit, i hope you're speaking of your remakes where you reland your ps2 stunts on pc then edit those in, cause if there are others, i'd love to see them, P.S. Any ideas to do that for your first couple videos :P

I still have one in "production" for like 3 years lol.... nah I just lost interest in remakes.

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: August 14, 2010, 04:31:01 PM »
How many stunters does it take to screw a light bulb?

Offline Szuhos

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: August 15, 2010, 05:20:03 AM »
hey guys

which stunt was your best so far?

Offline Madmax

• Board Mods
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: August 15, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »
Thats kinda hard to put into perspective. With such a range of different types of stunt it's hard to compare them. My pizzaboy krail to grind was an accomplishment as was my first stoppie double airgrab.

Also stunts that were hard back in the day are easy now. I know my packerbump from the airport to the roof at the shipyard (over that empty lot) was massive back when rads wasn't around. That was also one I was very proud of.

Offline DriZzly

• Veteran Member
  • Tak-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: August 15, 2010, 02:20:13 PM »
any of u guys submitting something for the commvid ?

Offline Madmax

• Board Mods
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: August 17, 2010, 04:04:30 AM »
Cant say I will but I havent stunted in 3 years.
Don't know about the others though

Offline Nitzkit

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: August 17, 2010, 05:08:18 AM »
Maybe

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal