Author Topic: [DSS] Oniros  (Read 24602 times)

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
Re: [DSS] Oniros
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2011, 11:57:33 AM »
Thanks you 2 <33333

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2011, 12:19:27 PM »
Finally someone landed the finisher, me with TrYp tried it too, not that hard, but we always bailed the landing. It was almost a year ago. Good video, nice stunts, good job!

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2011, 08:43:47 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this video, but it's very difficult to explain without sounding insulting.

On one hand, I want to praise this video a lot, and say 'this is the standard of stunting'. On the other, I am worried that, in actual fact, THIS is the standard of stunting...allow me to try and explain.

While I saw a great mixed bag of big-air and creativity, I was not too comfortable with the over-reliance of stuck vehicles being used to create bumps. It has an air of unnaturalness about it. Some of them I felt had evolved from the BSM and normal type of CSM, to making a CSM in a place that may be impossible to do in a real game (like on PS2, without the use of spawners or anything). There were shitloads of stunts in this vid that used a form of CSM and most I don't particularly have an issue with, but ones I did were things like Ineeda's stunt at 2:54, now how the fuck do you do that in a normal game? It's a fucked-up place to get an ambulance to get stuck. It's things like that which I have issues with. It's complicated to explain it flawlessly, but it's like people are thinking of new ways to do amazing stuff in a not so amazing way...

I thought the stunt at 1:30 was quite clever, not sure if anyone did that before but thought it worked very well. The Big V and BG Hitman had stunts I enjoyed, Turok's huge drop bump was quite sick as well (technically a p2b, just the bump came very late!). I still think the video is very well done, the stunts in it are very impressive, and are standards I never have (nor never will) reach in terms of the big-air side of things.

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2011, 01:08:17 AM »
^ I dont see this as an insulting....With comments like this we can work on that aspect ;)

Offline Named

• Board Mods
  • Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2011, 04:56:47 AM »
GJ Fighter and all DSS members, i loved luli creative stunts  :a-cheer:

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2011, 05:27:06 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this video, but it's very difficult to explain without sounding insulting.

On one hand, I want to praise this video a lot, and say 'this is the standard of stunting'. On the other, I am worried that, in actual fact, THIS is the standard of stunting...allow me to try and explain.

While I saw a great mixed bag of big-air and creativity, I was not too comfortable with the over-reliance of stuck vehicles being used to create bumps. It has an air of unnaturalness about it. Some of them I felt had evolved from the BSM and normal type of CSM, to making a CSM in a place that may be impossible to do in a real game (like on PS2, without the use of spawners or anything). There were shitloads of stunts in this vid that used a form of CSM and most I don't particularly have an issue with, but ones I did were things like Ineeda's stunt at 2:54, now how the fuck do you do that in a normal game? It's a fucked-up place to get an ambulance to get stuck. It's things like that which I have issues with. It's complicated to explain it flawlessly, but it's like people are thinking of new ways to do amazing stuff in a not so amazing way...

I thought the stunt at 1:30 was quite clever, not sure if anyone did that before but thought it worked very well. The Big V and BG Hitman had stunts I enjoyed, Turok's huge drop bump was quite sick as well (technically a p2b, just the bump came very late!). I still think the video is very well done, the stunts in it are very impressive, and are standards I never have (nor never will) reach in terms of the big-air side of things.
FUCK PS2, We are PC Gamers
and when you talk about stunting at PC, never talk about PS2, it is like talk about diferent games, like one game, or talk about SA and VC like it one game
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:43:14 AM by AllBeast »

Offline The Big V

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2011, 05:51:45 AM »
Thanks Kingjad for pointing out the problematic zones of the stunting aspect in the video. But as some said before Stuck Methods are something usual for DSS videos , though we will try to avoid them in the upcoming crew videos as much as possible. :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:57:46 AM by The Big V »

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2011, 07:28:05 AM »
Big V - Please do not change anything if you do not want to. Stunt how YOU want to stunt, and enjoy it as much as you can. I just wanted to point out my own observations, but then again maybe I am just out of touch with how stunting is today. I could barely keep up in 2006.

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2011, 07:31:59 AM »
Anyone else notice how 'Oniros' kinda sounds like "Honour Us" ?

HIDDEN MESSAGE MUCH?

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2011, 07:42:23 AM »
but then again maybe I am just out of touch with how stunting is today.
No you aren't. Stunting is like art, some people like classic art and hate the modern art (like TV's showcasing a movie in an empty room) and others appreciate the modern art.

Offline KOD

• ·´¯`»«´¯`·.¸¸.°¤KOD¤°.¸¸.·´¯`»«´¯`·.¸
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »
Where download "lc collision files" of ineeda FBI Bump  ??

Offline Sear

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2011, 09:14:52 AM »
Top job guys, that video was awesome! Tbv,bg hitman and wizard shocked me the most, but everybody had great stuff.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »
Where download "lc collision files" of ineeda FBI Bump  ??

Which one? Because I don't really think he used any extra collision fix.  :cc_detective:

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2011, 07:16:05 AM »
WTF i havent watch this! :O

Offline Metalsoad

• regrese, i think
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2011, 07:41:40 AM »
OMG!!! Awesomee! good Job dudes edit is cool and Stunts is fucking amazing i love you guys :wub:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal